CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-02-17 20:18:21 - UAB @ USM basketball

stinkfist (764)

Re: UAB @ USM basketball

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Just finish out the season and make a change with the coach and staff. No need to pay $350K for this regardless of the reasoning or excuses. They notified him in writing last March that his auto contract extension provision was not going to be extended last season. He has been paid extremely well for the end product on the court so he should just say thanks and move on. Sad that he will still get paid thru 2020 regardless. Bring in new blood.

go #jayladner go....

if you say so....

help me out how "new blood" would matter if he can find the fill-ins moving forward....

if he doesn't, I'm with ya.....however, everything else is bullshite....DT fucked us up the arse man....

you don't extend the contract (again), and let's see what happens after next year.....

IMO, that's reasonable and fair.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#22 2018-02-17 20:29:36 - UAB @ USM basketball

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: UAB @ USM basketball

stinkfist wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Just finish out the season and make a change with the coach and staff. No need to pay $350K for this regardless of the reasoning or excuses. They notified him in writing last March that his auto contract extension provision was not going to be extended last season. He has been paid extremely well for the end product on the court so he should just say thanks and move on. Sad that he will still get paid thru 2020 regardless. Bring in new blood.

go #jayladner go....

if you say so....

help me out how "new blood" would matter if he can find the fill-ins moving forward....

if he doesn't, I'm with ya.....however, everything else is bullshite....DT fucked us up the arse man....

you don't extend the contract (again), and let's see what happens after next year.....

IMO, that's reasonable and fair.....

I would go full court press on John Becker from the Mighty Catamounts of Vermont personally. Guy has won like 50 games over the past two seasons. I think he making around 200K and has been in the post season every year as head ball coach between the NCAA, NIT, CBI, etc....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer