CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#41 2018-02-28 19:05:22 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Walmart announces no more high powered weapon sales

But what about AR-15s?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#42 2018-02-28 19:13:50 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

USMstang (303)

They need to stop selling any firearms since they only carry low quality garbage anyway.  They are the ruination of so many products and Remington (yep, Wall Street owned nowadays) has obliged them fully by lowering their standards and supplying them with crappy guns.  As for the AR platform, I'm pretty sure they dropped it in 16 or 17.

If they did carry some, it was probably DPMS and they too are garbage.

Last edited by USMstang (2018-02-28 19:14:44)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#43 2018-02-28 19:28:14 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

They need to stop selling any firearms since they only carry low quality garbage anyway.  They are the ruination of so many products and Remington (yep, Wall Street owned nowadays) has obliged them fully by lowering their standards and supplying them with crappy guns.  As for the AR platform, I'm pretty sure they dropped it in 16 or 17.

If they did carry some, it was probably DPMS and they too are garbage.

Has Remington really lost their way for good, or are they just... rusty?  cool

#44 2018-02-28 20:12:51 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

CajunEagle (44)

keyboard kowboy wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

We just have to ban all guns Except hunting rifles. Same as they did in England. 2nd amendment says nothing at all about having the right to own specific firearms. So you get a hunting gun like they had back when they wrote the Constitution. And nothing more.

Why not hunting rifles then ? They are just as deadly . You realy , truly do not think before you post . Do you even own a gun ? Ever shot a gun ? Let's also ban knives . And drugs[ oops ,tried that ] Alcohol [ leads to drunk driving fatalities and not constitutionally protected] fertilizer[used to make bombs] violent video games [ some research suggests lead to violence in our youth ] frying pans [ some women use to hit husbands over the head with ] Cars -[ horses are safer ]
Let the banning of begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay then, start banning bullets/projectiles.  That's the real killer....not guns or rifles.  Get rid of what comes out the barrel.  Now all these rednecks and coon-asses can keep their right to bare arms, and yeah...I know...folks can still make their own at home, but at least it won't be as easy as going down to Jim's Fire Arms and just picking up a couple of boxes.

#45 2018-02-28 20:44:09 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

USMstang (303)

There's two types of ammo generally...hollow-points and FMJ.  More than likely, the folks are using FMJ in the ARs because that's cheaper and the standard NATO round.  Cajun is more than likely however talking about hollow-points since they are more destructive in theory except that hollow points are designed to stay within the target.  FMJ can and will go right thru a target.  In short, we need to ban dickwad murderers.  And the media needs to stop glorifying every mass killer, serial killer, etc.  The dude's picture was everywhere within a day and he is proud of it.  All the copycat shit then follows.

Millions of rounds of ammo is purchased every day and millions of rounds of ammo don't kill people every day. 

What I don't understand is why supposed rational citizens desire to follow proven idiot politicians...

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#46 2018-02-28 20:59:10 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

keyboard kowboy (72)

USMstang wrote:

There's two types of ammo generally...hollow-points and FMJ.  More than likely, the folks are using FMJ in the ARs because that's cheaper and the standard NATO round.  Cajun is more than likely however talking about hollow-points since they are more destructive in theory except that hollow points are designed to stay within the target.  FMJ can and will go right thru a target.  In short, we need to ban dickwad murderers.  And the media needs to stop glorifying every mass killer, serial killer, etc.  The dude's picture was everywhere within a day and he is proud of it.  All the copycat shit then follows.

Millions of rounds of ammo is purchased every day and millions of rounds of ammo don't kill people every day. 

What I don't understand is why supposed rational citizens desire to follow proven idiot politicians...

Because they are not rational ?

Liked by:

#47 2018-02-28 21:09:15 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

There's two types of ammo generally...hollow-points and FMJ.

Casual gun control enthusiasts like to get worked up about hollow points. I can tell you, nine times out of ten, if there's someone nearby shooting a gun for any reason, I'd rather the rounds be hollow points. Penetration aside, hollow points are more powerful loads, and they're less likely to jam up on some panicky 90 pound chick who owns a liquor store and a handgun.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-02-28 21:10:42)

#48 2018-02-28 22:49:35 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

As for the Founding Fathers, they intended for the citizens to have the equal firepower as the government because the citizens are the government and the militia.

People debate about what that "well-regulated militia" part of the Second Amendment means.

My take is that it means that the legitimate successor of the army that beat England is the armed citizenry of the USA.

The "well-regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment just means that we citizens must know how to shoot the rifles of our day... and we do.

The other side of the coin is that the USA should never have a standing, professional army, because that's inherently antithetical to where our nation came from.

I will always keep a clean rifle in my closet, and I'll never pay any heed to the political opinions of a bunch of people who make their living off of being the "U.S. Army."

The U.S. Army will always be me and my family, and you don't have to crawl very far up my family tree to find men who courageously declared themselves American officers in opposition to King George.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-02-28 22:51:07)

Liked by:

#49 2018-02-28 23:35:10 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

EagleFWB (176)

And some of you scoff at why you get banned on other boards.

#50 2018-03-01 08:18:08 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

tg300 (439)

Another reason not to go to Dicks

Liked by:

#51 2018-03-01 08:23:22 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

southern miss slacker (304)

tg300 wrote:

Another reason not to go to Dicks

They knew there would be some pushback from people from the decision but did it anyway. You have to give them credit. dick has balls.

#52 2018-03-01 08:34:33 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

99beers (303)

Troll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#53 2018-03-01 17:24:56 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

Academy Sports in the South is owned by KKR International, another global concern.

They used to own my employer. Pretty strange job I have.

#54 2018-03-01 18:46:50 - Dicks just announced not selling assault weapons anymore.

stinkfist (764)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Live look at Bass Pro Shop since they still sell semi-automatic weapons....

LankyMasculineIndianskimmer-max-1mb.gif

I glanced over that NG for a time hoping we wouldn't have another 'Who concert incident'.....so far, so good....  wink

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Board footer