CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-03-02 13:40:28 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

Breaking News......

“Less than 24 hours after Southern Miss President Rodney Bennett asked Hattiesburg City Council for financial help renovating Reed Green Coliseum, the council unanimously passed a resolution to request the state Legislature raise the city's restaurant and hotel/motel tax by 1 percent.
The passing of the resolution Friday at a special-called meeting was necessary because Tuesday is the legislative deadline to introduce any local legislation that generates revenue.

Barker said City Council's move was designed to get a conversation going with lawmakers over the next several weeks.

The Legislature has not looked favorably upon some tax increases, declining to approve 1 percent city sales tax hikes to pay for infrastructure improvements over the last several years. It voted against a city sales tax increase pushed by former Mayor Johnny DuPree.“

So if this is passed, the total tax would generate $2.2 million per year with half of that total going towards the new arena.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#22 2018-03-02 15:19:22 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

Black Diamond Reb (418)

keyboard kowboy wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Principal Toby, Assistant Principal Joe, and the rest of the 13th grade brigade can't provide clean water and paved roads, much less a palace for JSU-Hattiesburg. He's also pushing a bond for the poe chillrens of Hattiesburg School District so dae educations be moe better. Somebody got the Lamartians to pay for the billboard, maybe the Eastabuchie Chamber of Commerce will heps Goblet and Flamingo out.

Toby Barker has been mayor for at least a few short months - he should have been able to get all this taken care of by now

The Principal inherited a lot bigger mess than he realized left over by esteemed JSU-H / JSU-Main alum and Eagle Club honoree Johnny Dupree. He has attempted to implement a comprehensive street plan and has at least given lip service to the water debacle. Perhaps his legislative background will be an asset in his efforts to secure funds for the new Flamingo Hut.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#23 2018-03-02 15:52:24 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

stinkfist (764)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
keyboard kowboy wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Principal Toby, Assistant Principal Joe, and the rest of the 13th grade brigade can't provide clean water and paved roads, much less a palace for JSU-Hattiesburg. He's also pushing a bond for the poe chillrens of Hattiesburg School District so dae educations be moe better. Somebody got the Lamartians to pay for the billboard, maybe the Eastabuchie Chamber of Commerce will heps Goblet and Flamingo out.

Toby Barker has been mayor for at least a few short months - he should have been able to get all this taken care of by now

The Principal inherited a lot bigger mess than he realized left over by esteemed JSU-H / JSU-Main alum and Eagle Club honoree Johnny Dupree. He has attempted to implement a comprehensive street plan and has at least given lip service to the water debacle. Perhaps his legislative background will be an asset in his efforts to secure funds for the new Flamingo Hut.

I'll simply say it again....there's a reason ol' Kimbo said, "fk this shite...."

spiderman is out of his league after 16 yrs. from black panther rule.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#24 2018-03-02 15:56:35 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

spiderman is out of his league after 16 yrs. from black panther rule.....

LMAO

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#25 2018-03-02 17:54:56 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

DJT's tariff just bumped up the cost.....
I could easily retro-engineer to accommodate the load of a fk'n scoreboard....what a phallic fallacy that too many bought into over the years.....wtfe

I never claimed it would be impossible to add a center-hung video board to Reed Green. You would just have to add the sort of steel support that Georgia Tech had enough sense to install from the beginning.

It's true that steel isn't cheap. It was a lot cheaper when GT bought their steel than it will be if / when USM buys theirs.

And that's just USM's thinking versus GT's:

Nothing is an investment to be maximized. Everything is an expense to be minimized.

A future where USM is bigger and better than it is now? No, no need to worry about that.

You saw it with that stupid South end zone expansion that opened in Fedora's first year. Supposedly it's foundation can't accommodate any more weight, so the university is hamstrung when it comes to adding more seats.

And if you come back with, "but we'll never need more seats anyway," then you might be suited for a job at USM. That is exactly how the people who build Reed Green thought, and look where we are now.

#26 2018-03-02 20:55:34 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

keyboard kowboy (72)

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

I could easily retro-engineer to accommodate the load of a fk'n scoreboard....what a phallic fallacy that too many bought into over the years.....wtfe

I never claimed it would be impossible to add a center-hung video board to Reed Green. You would just have to add the sort of steel support that Georgia Tech had enough sense to install from the beginning.

It's true that steel isn't cheap. It was a lot cheaper when GT bought their steel than it will be if / when USM buys theirs.

Nothing is an investment to be maximized. Everything is an expense to be minimized.

A future where USM is bigger and better than it is now? No, no need to worry about that.

You saw it with that stupid South end zone expansion that opened in Fedora's first year. Supposedly it's foundation can't accommodate any more weight, so the university is hamstrung when it comes to adding more seats.

And if you come back with, "but we'll never need more seats anyway," then you might be suited for a job at USM. That is exactly how the people who build Reed Green thought, and look where we are now.

#27 2018-03-02 21:02:32 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

I definitely wasn't directing that towards you....it was towards the many others that buy into the bs w/o a clue.....the puppets are every-ware wink

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#28 2018-03-02 21:52:15 - Won't you help us please? We have no other place to turn.

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

I definitely wasn't directing that towards you....it was towards the many others that buy into the bs w/o a clue.....the puppets are every-ware wink

Oh, I've probably shared the false gospel on Yurtceilingsgate once or twice. The facts are out there, though. Nothing is impossible at RGC, even if it's not a true McAmish Pavillion clone.

Board footer