CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-28 08:28:14 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

As far as facilities are concerned...well, starting in 2021 I guess......shocked they are building a 55K seat stadium for around 90 million. The school district I live in just built a 70 million dollar high school football stadium and it only seats 12K and doesn’t look near as nice as this design. Guessing Auburn or dare I say Bama will probably make a visit now to their little step brother for a “road” game......

61cf1605-e479-4269-bf56-a36d989efb69-large16x9_BJCCStadium2.jpg?1471463670875

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-03-28 08:34:56 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

EagleFWB (176)

Re: UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

It really makes you sick to think that they totally shut down the program just a few years ago.

#3 2018-03-28 08:37:03 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Toby's Taco Tax could pay for something like that.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#4 2018-03-28 16:19:07 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

UAB probably looks pretty good to the AAC now: decent TV market and academics, big new stadium, hotels nearby that you'd actually want to stay in...

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2018-03-28 20:45:53 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

USMstang (303)

There is so much more money in B'ham than all of Mississippi combined. Hattiesburg is a village in comparison. Economically, Alabama is far and away bigger/better along with Louisiana and Tennessee as well. I almost forgot, their "community leaders" are head & shoulders above ours too. Think about who the community leaders in Hattiesburg are for a second. Most of them are blow-hards...at least the ones that call themselves leaders. For instance, bank presidents. The yahoos in the Burg are a joke! You can include the Coast as well. While we're at it, look at our state leadership too. A small handful of thoughtful persons surrounded by a collection of morons and some of those have actual leadership positions.

This university (and the state as well) will always suffer because of these simple truths. Too many egotistical arseholes and small-time thinkers in positions that could actually be beneficial if occupied properly.

As for money...where is all the BP money going now that Jackson is stealing it from the Coast???  They could funnel some of that over to USM instead of Moo and OP since that's where it will probably end up.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#6 2018-03-28 21:12:54 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Black Diamond Reb (418)

USMstang wrote:

The community leaders in Hattiesburg are yahoos.

Those Damn Community Leaders.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#7 2018-03-29 17:50:24 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Ace Barker (260)
Website

USM should have already been in the AAC. No wonder UCF didn’t get a look. Payback is Hell.

Ace...

#8 2018-03-29 21:48:32 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

USMstang (303)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

You poke fun but in the aftermath of Katrina, there was this thing called Go Zone Funding (look it up for all the details).  That shit fucking zone gerrymandered its way up from the Coast to include fucking Tuscaloosa!  They built those cunting condos next to Bryant/Denny with Katrina recovery funds!!  So how'd that happen?  Simple, the big $$ cunt community leaders pulled the political strings and made sure it happened.  What occurred in MS?  Not a gd thing because all our leaders and politicians are dumber than my balls (after the vasectomy no less).  Mother Fuckers built shit all over the place well inland with the money from that fund...how much went to USM?  Why didn't our esteemed leaders apply for major renovations to all of our facilities when they had they chance??? 

Ahh, the leadership at all levels in all sectors is just so impressive around USM, South MS and all of MS for that matter.

Liked by:

#9 2018-03-29 22:27:34 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

stinkfist (764)

USMstang wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

You poke fun but in the aftermath of Katrina, there was this thing called Go Zone Funding (look it up for all the details).  That shit fucking zone gerrymandered its way up from the Coast to include fucking Tuscaloosa!  They built those cunting condos next to Bryant/Denny with Katrina recovery funds!!  So how'd that happen?  Simple, the big $$ cunt community leaders pulled the political strings and made sure it happened.  What occurred in MS?  Not a gd thing because all our leaders and politicians are dumber than my balls (after the vasectomy no less).  Mother Fuckers built shit all over the place well inland with the money from that fund...how much went to USM?  Why didn't our esteemed leaders apply for major renovations to all of our facilities when they had they chance??? 

Ahh, the leadership at all levels in all sectors is just so impressive around USM, South MS and all of MS for that matter.

I like the way you speaketh.......that's the best part about this board.....you can tell the dipshites to fuck-all however one sees fit.....

little weenie bitches like bdr are the faggoos I grew up with and pounded their back pocket over time....

fuck those pussy ass cunts.....cunts understand what it's like to suck on balls and floss with pubes from unda cheese.....

if they could only win an S$C chomp-on-ad-USD-shite  ONCE, then maybe those weenie little bitches might have a reason to boast.....

naw.....fuck it.....they won't even play our empty cupboard  anymore.......and why???????   b/c they're fucking pussies.....that's why.....

btw, I just spotted bdr's latest version of road kilz......after '22, they're fucked.....watch how they get left behind.....

TG6iyOr.gif

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#10 2018-03-29 22:56:46 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

This is a good line of discussion.

My take: if you make a bunch of money available to people in the MS / LA Gulf Coast area, it will end up getting pissed away on real estate transactions.

BP puts up $100 million. Mr. Sharp sees this coming and buys a plot of land for $10 million. Mr. Necaise buys that land from Mr. Sharp for $20 million and sells it to Mr. Fayard for $30 million. Mr. Fayard sells the plot to Mr. Favre for $40 million. Mr. Davis buys the same plot from Mr. Favre for $50 million and sells it for $100 million.

In the end, a few men siphon off profits and the rest of you don't get much of value. I'm just picking random Mississippi surnames, but the basic pattern is real.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-03-29 23:01:46)

#11 2018-03-30 08:12:41 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Strikingly similar to our new football stadium on the coast, were we there.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#12 2018-03-30 08:19:03 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:

In the end, a few men siphon off profits and the rest of you don't get much of value.

You just defined the middle/upper class........except what’s happening right now the middle class is dying and trying to hold for dear life while the upper portion separates even more....

And for a state like MS......the lower class isn’t even a consideration.....not that it ever was......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#13 2018-03-30 15:26:29 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

Black Diamond Reb (418)

stinkfist wrote:

I understand what it's like to suck on balls.

That's you and O Charley's business.

#14 2018-03-30 15:39:18 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

In the end, a few men siphon off profits and the rest of you don't get much of value.

You just defined the middle/upper class

There are sectors of the economy that add real value. Not everyone's just brokering sweetheart real estate deals in exchange for political favors (or whatever). But I do feel like things like the BP money tend to end up in the wrong hands.

It's difficult to spend that much money without the participation of the local back-slappers, and when the local back-slappers don't have much vision or wisdom, they just waste the money that much more brazenly.

#15 2018-03-30 19:33:56 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

USMstang (303)

I'm wondering why I got two tater tots for a true post.  I was in banking on the Coast back when all that went down and it was widely known among bankers that Go Zone Funding was utilized for the Bama condos among other things.  Meanwhile, every Coast city has yet to come close to rebuilding anything anywhere near the beachfront for lack of funding and cost of insurance coupled with strict FEMA guidelines. 

Don't get me started on the political bullshit from start to now on the BP money.  I can go on for a long time with that shit because I cashed the paychecks for the mouth-breathers from the Delta that couldn't sign their own names for endorsements purposes.  I also had a buddy that was a supervisor and he had some stories that would make you puke about how the oil/tar was gathered or rather, not gathered.

#16 2018-03-30 20:03:55 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

I'm wondering why I got two tater tots for a true post.  I was in banking on the Coast back when all that went down and it was widely known among bankers that Go Zone Funding was utilized for the Bama condos among other things.  Meanwhile, every Coast city has yet to come close to rebuilding anything anywhere near the beachfront for lack of funding and cost of insurance coupled with strict FEMA guidelines. 

Don't get me started on the political bullshit from start to now on the BP money.  I can go on for a long time with that shit because I cashed the paychecks for the mouth-breathers from the Delta that couldn't sign their own names for endorsements purposes.  I also had a buddy that was a supervisor and he had some stories that would make you puke about how the oil/tar was gathered or rather, not gathered.

I thought your post was right on the money. The only thing I'd add to it is that they didn't just build condos in Tuscaloosa with Katrina money, they almost certainly turned over the land underneath several times as a way to enrich the favored redneck few.

#17 2018-03-31 07:08:33 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

tg300 (439)

USMstang wrote:

Perhaps because of the effort/lack of effort made by our 'leaders.'  I'm pretty sure one was from me.

#18 2018-03-31 09:32:39 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Perhaps because of the effort/lack of effort made by our 'leaders.'  I'm pretty sure one was from me.

Yeah, people do use it that way because it doesn't ding the posters rep or anything like that.

#19 2018-03-31 17:40:34 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

stinkfist (764)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

That's you and O Charley's business.

so says the bus boy that enjoys studio 54 tricks.....shame on you son being easter egg hunting and all.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#20 2018-03-31 20:57:54 - UAB Football Program Has Now Officially Passed Southern Miss

USMstang (303)

tg300 wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Point out the folks in leadership positions past or present that were worth even 1/4 of their salary...you can't.  They suck. Period.

Board footer