CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-04-08 14:31:39 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: The Masters

Reed has had a couple bad tee shots but nothing worthy of Jean Van de Velde yet...

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#22 2018-04-08 14:47:41 - The Masters

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:

Reed has had a couple bad tee shots but nothing worthy of Jean Van de Velde yet...

I think Reed implodes somewhere on the back nine......especially if Jordan cuts the lead to one stroke

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#23 2018-04-08 15:04:49 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I think Reed implodes somewhere on the back nine......especially if Jordan cuts the lead to one stroke

Reed does seem to be spending more and more time in the rough.

#24 2018-04-08 15:14:28 - The Masters

Yep.....although Reed keeps finding a way out of it so far. Playing even thru nine is just too conservative for Sunday at The Masters....

As for Jordan, having his childhood friend playing with him for the final round is a big part of why he is killing it today......

justin-thomas-jordan-spieth-junior-golf-sandwich-photo.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#25 2018-04-08 15:31:08 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

AndreWhere wrote:

Looking more and more plausible.

#26 2018-04-08 15:33:25 - The Masters

Now it’s tied.......unbelievable

#27 2018-04-08 15:45:52 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

Reed just nailed a very difficult birdie put.

#28 2018-04-08 15:48:07 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

Spieth pulls his drive.

#29 2018-04-09 17:09:06 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

A whole lot of Patrick Reed's dirty laundry is now being aired. I kind of sympathize with the dude, though.

Supposedly his teammates hated him at Augusta State, to the point of telling their opponents they hoped they lost but beat Patrick.

Golf is an individual sport anyway. It is shoehorned into team competition occasionally and uncomfortably; team golf is just, "gosh, I hope we both do well at this individual sport." That said, Reed has done very well in team competition anyway.

He got kicked out of UGA. Whatever... I don't buy it as anything more than sour grapes. UGA is an under-achieving school run by blue-hairs. UGA kicks players off the football team for smoking pot when Bama won't. Mark Richt (a wackjob who never won anything big) started that, and Kirby Smart was made to continue it.

Who knows what got Reed kicked out of UGA and what it's real significance was?

Maybe he's my new favorite golfer... been a hwile since I've really had one.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-04-09 17:10:22)

#30 2018-04-09 18:43:09 - The Masters

I think golf needs an antagonist to combat the hero. Dustin Johnson is also viewed as “that guy” as well by the media due to his past. Reed doesn’t necessarily embrace it versus just not giving a crap what anyone says or thinks. They said he only had a few friends in attendance to witness his victory even though his parents live in Augusta. Apparently they weren’t allowed to go to the Masters.....or even attend his wedding a few years back. As far as UGA, it was stated he was caught stealing stuff, like a laptop, from his teammates so they kicked him out. Cam Newton 2.0?
The guy definitely isn’t a Rickie Fowler or a Jordan Spieth.....in fact did you see this video of him arguing with PGA officials a few weeks back? Link below.....tells you all you need to know about him.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2018/3/19 … ional-2018

#31 2018-04-09 18:53:05 - The Masters

Black Diamond Reb (418)

AndreWhere wrote:

Supposedly his teammates hated him at future SUNWACUSA member Augusta State.

That damn Augusta State.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#32 2018-04-09 18:56:00 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

I think golf needs an antagonist to combat the hero. Dustin Johnson is also viewed as “that guy” as well by the media due to his past. Reed doesn’t necessarily embrace it versus just not giving a crap what anyone says or thinks. They said he only had a few friends in attendance to witness his victory even though his parents live in Augusta. Apparently they weren’t allowed to go to the Masters.....or even attend his wedding a few years back. As far as UGA, it was stated he was caught stealing stuff, like a laptop, from his teammates so they kicked him out. Cam Newton 2.0?
The guy definitely isn’t a Rickie Fowler or a Jordan Spieth.....in fact did you see this video of him arguing with PGA officials a few weeks back? Link below.....tells you all you need to know about him.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2018/3/19 … ional-2018

Hadn't heard about the laptop theft. If that's true, I have no tolerance for it.

That video seems to me to be a heated, but honest, dispute. If the criteria for getting a drop was "inability to take a normal stance," I can see both sides. Yeah, he could kind of take a mostly normal stance, but only by 1) shoehorning himself into a very narrow volume of space and then 2) swinging as if he were chipping, not trying to lay up. Sportsmanship and safety would seem to encourage allowing the drop.

I think the issue a lot of people have with that video is mentioning Spieth by name.

#33 2018-04-09 19:01:48 - The Masters

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

That damn Augusta State.

I still remember losing to mean old Savannah St a few years ago......Augusta St can’t be that far behind the SSU Tigers......

#34 2018-04-09 19:03:34 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

That damn Augusta State.

I still remember losing to mean old Savannah St a few years ago......Augusta St can’t be that far behind the SSU Tigers......

Augusta State is a bigger, better school. It's basically a medical school that the blue-hairs forced to merge with a regional university about 5 years ago. It was called "Regents' University" for a while but that was challenged, successfully, on several fronts.

#35 2018-04-09 19:07:31 - The Masters

AndreWhere wrote:

I think the issue a lot of people have with that video is mentioning Spieth by name.

That....and accusing some small time official as having a biased opinion for no reason. His wife actually added the fuel on his fire when you can hear her say in the video that anyone else would get a drop any other day of the week.

The guy clearly runs hot.....and to his credit it seems to be working for him lately.

#36 2018-04-09 19:11:56 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

AndreWhere wrote:

accusing some small time official as having a biased opinion for no reason.

Maybe the reason is just that Reed isn't very likeable.

#37 2018-04-09 19:46:08 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

Comment from a caller to 680 AM this morning:

"You look at Patrick Reed, and some of his mannerisms... you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy."

Seems a bit racist to me.

#38 2018-04-09 20:03:09 - The Masters

I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to find one.......just one good pic of Patrick Reeds wife....just one.....

It simply doesn’t exist.........

#39 2018-04-09 20:06:58 - The Masters

AndreWhere (1252)

I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to find one.......just one good pic of Patrick Reeds wife....just one.....

It simply doesn’t exist.........

The truly hot ones fly below the radar.

#40 2018-04-10 10:00:12 - The Masters

Chip Towers, Bulldog reporter, is stating Reed is also accused of kicking Uga the bulldog mascot at Georgia......

Now I think the allegations are just getting ridiculous.......

tumblr_nq839nJpgO1so32gwo1_1280.gif

Board footer