CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-10 12:02:40 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

EagleFWB (176)

TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Your feel good message of the semester.

http://www.southernmiss.com/genrel/041018aaa.html

#2 2018-04-10 12:58:23 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

stinkfist (764)

Re: TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

I’d have to pump two 1/5s makers’ and skull drag BDR by his ‘palmers’ to enjoy any of that...

SMTTT and easter walk hand-n-hand...

Last edited by stinkfist (2018-04-10 13:02:30)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#3 2018-04-10 13:24:06 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Black Diamond Reb (418)

I invite you to ask any member of our Leadership Team, Department Heads, Coaches, and our professional staff…it’s been a busy time – strengthening the fundamentals of success.

Ask them what? Which cluster of fornication they're ignoring this week?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#4 2018-04-10 18:42:37 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

tg300 (439)

Wow

#5 2018-04-10 19:24:42 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

AndreWhere (1252)

> Most importantly we want you to find meaning and value as you engage with our Department.

That's a scary thought. I spend enough time worrying about finances and people looking down their noses at me already.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#6 2018-04-10 20:57:22 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

EagleFWB (176)

Seriously, has anybody met this guy at a function or anything? If so, what's the scoop. What's he like?  Is he at least feeding out some BS goals to make you think he's on it?

I mean at least Mcgillis would feed us some lies and give us a GAs business card or something.

Liked by:

#7 2018-04-10 21:30:33 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

He is literally stealing 350K a year right before our eyes.......and everyone knows it.......and sadly nothing will be done about it because we are Southern Miss......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#8 2018-04-10 22:02:09 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

He is literally stealing 350K a year right before our eyes.......and everyone knows it.......and sadly nothing will be done about it because we are Southern Miss......

I will say once more what I said when Gilbert was hired: his resume contains nothing of relevance to running the USM athletic department.

His prior job was at Tennessee, a school with ample sports revenue as well as an almost unlimited willingness to incur debt to supplement it. It's also a school that underperforms given its advantages. Tennessee is, in these respects, the opposite of USM.

Before that, Gilbert was a PR man at Alabama. Gee, talk about a challenge, selling Bama athletics.

The model of who USM should be hiring as AD is Terry Holland at ECU. That is a man who really did have connections in ECU's area when hired, who had actually been responsible for something, and who had dealt with real, structural disadvantages before.

#9 2018-04-10 22:37:43 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

I remember growing up in the heart of ACC country watching Holland at Virginia. He literally got ECU into the AAC based on his connections, hard work and non stop begging. He resigned roughly two minutes after they got into the conference. I wish we had gone after UGA’s old AD Damon Evans that was fired after a DUI in 2010. He made a poor mistake but was a legit AD and would have been a great hire for us.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#10 2018-04-10 22:51:04 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:

I will say once more what I said when Gilbert was hired: his resume contains nothing of relevance to running the USM athletic department.

His prior job was at Tennessee, a school with ample sports revenue as well as an almost unlimited willingness to incur debt to supplement it. It's also a school that underperforms given its advantages. Tennessee is, in these respects, the opposite of USM.

Before that, Gilbert was a PR man at Alabama. Gee, talk about a challenge, selling Bama athletics.

The model of who USM should be hiring as AD is Terry Holland at ECU. That is a man who really did have connections in ECU's area when hired, who had actually been responsible for something, and who had dealt with real, structural disadvantages before.

he reminds me of everything I despised about corpshite 'murica and why I abandoned that lifestyle.....

it was too much fun giving the finga as my exit interview.....

he is the "Peter Principle" personified....

for those unaware of what the fuck that is......

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by educator Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#11 2018-04-10 23:00:33 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

AndreWhere (1252)

Gilbert really is the embodiment of the "Peter Principle." The strategies that got him here will not help him in his current job.

He's not the only USM athletic director I'd put into that category, though.

Liked by:

#12 2018-04-10 23:04:27 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

AndreWhere (1252)

I remember growing up in the heart of ACC country watching Holland at Virginia. He literally got ECU into the AAC based on his connections, hard work and non stop begging. He resigned roughly two minutes after they got into the conference. I wish we had gone after UGA’s old AD Damon Evans that was fired after a DUI in 2010. He made a poor mistake but was a legit AD and would have been a great hire for us.

I was thinking of Damon Evans when I posted what I posted. He's far from perfect, but he's also far from McGilbannini.

#13 2018-04-11 02:15:31 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:

I was thinking of Damon Evans when I posted what I posted. He's far from perfect, but he's also far from McGilbannini.

I personally put his name in the hat when he was an assistant at UGA. That wasn’t happening in 1999. I was hoping he would have gottten a look this last time too. The UGA folks I knew thought s lot of him.

Ace...

#14 2018-04-11 06:57:59 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

USMstang (303)

I emailed him immediately after reading that drivel and asked him two questions:

1) how many people did you Invite last week

2) how many people did your staff invite

As a manager, these are valid questions.  He did reply and his reply was more drivel.  We are supposed to meet at the Spring Game.  I will look him dead in the eyes and explain how to sell...because he doesn't have any fuckin idea.  I don't think he realizes that he is the Sales Manager either.

Peter Principle/Corporate America examples at their finest on display here

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#15 2018-04-11 07:07:41 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Mao Tse-gore (412)

I emailed this question:  Please report by date, duration, location and method, on the direct ongoing efforts/lobbying since your hiring to get USM into the AAC.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#16 2018-04-11 08:43:33 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

AndreWhere (1252)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I emailed this question:  Please report by date, duration, location and method, on the direct ongoing efforts/lobbying since your hiring to get USM into the AAC.

I think UAB is well ahead of us now in terms of getting into a better conference. There are probably others.

#17 2018-04-11 09:33:46 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

EagleFWB (176)

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I think UAB is well ahead of us now in terms of getting into a better conference. There are probably others.

Doesn't that just make you want to puke?

#18 2018-04-11 09:40:19 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Having the city of Birmingham personally invest millions into the UAB football program moved them miles ahead of us for future AAC consideration.
That’s really the question to ask Bill Lumbergh....why has UAB lapped us during your time as AD.......

#19 2018-04-11 13:39:12 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Mao Tse-gore (412)

"The bullshitter is neither on the side of the true or the side of the false. His eye is not on the facts at all. He does not reject the authority of the truth, as the liar does, and oppose himself to it. He pays no attention to it at all. By virtue of this, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are." Harry Frankfurt.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#20 2018-04-11 14:04:25 - TO THE TOP - EVERYONE IS INVITED

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Having the city of Birmingham personally invest millions into the UAB football program moved them miles ahead of us for future AAC consideration.
That’s really the question to ask Bill Lumbergh....why has UAB lapped us during your time as AD.......

Plus Charlotte.

Ace...

Board footer