CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-23 18:34:49 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

Braves @ Reds

It's 2-2. Sam Freeman (who I'm starting to consider the prototypical "set up" man) is pitching for the Braves. He's not a starter, nor a closer, nor a long reliever... but he's something (maybe).

Anyone else watching?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-04-23 18:48:31 - Braves @ Reds

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Braves @ Reds

Not much is working for the Braves' bullpen sad

#3 2018-04-23 18:51:01 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

Jesse Biddle in... what a long, strange trip it's been for him.

#4 2018-04-23 18:53:16 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

Slow down, Jesse!

#5 2018-04-23 18:53:35 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

Biddle not getting much of a strike zone.

#6 2018-04-23 19:19:27 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

Markakis narrows it to 7-4 with a whale of an at-bat.

#7 2018-04-23 19:40:58 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

The St. Louis crowd is so stupid. What are those noises anyway?

#8 2018-04-23 19:41:11 - Braves @ Reds

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Haven’t been to SunTrust for a game yet. How is it? My past client has the white buildings across the street (SK Realty) and they have some great views into the park while it was under construction. Plan on making it there for a game this summer.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#9 2018-04-23 20:30:52 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Haven’t been to SunTrust for a game yet. How is it? My past client has the white buildings across the street (SK Realty) and they have some great views into the park while it was under construction. Plan on making it there for a game this summer.

SunTrust reminds me of Turner Field. Either way, what you've got is a smallish, erector set style stadium dropped into a place where there's a clear, even desperate hope that a neighborhood will grow up around it.

The ground into which the seed has been planted is somewhat different; Turner was a product of the '96 Olympics, and its ambition that Atlanta would become a sort of new, more diverse version of a Rome or Paris. SunTrust is more targeted at the suburban people who actually buy Braves paraphernalia in 2018.

Personally, I liked Fulton County Stadium best.

#10 2018-04-23 21:17:56 - Braves @ Reds

tg300 (439)

Braves played the Reds tonight.

Get a major league team before talking shit to the men.

Dear lord.

I’m embarrassed for you all.

#11 2018-04-24 16:09:04 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:

Braves played the Reds tonight.

Get a major league team before talking shit to the men.

Dear lord.

I’m embarrassed for you all.

Geez, you're right. WTF was I watching?

#12 2018-04-24 16:45:30 - Braves @ Reds

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:

SunTrust reminds me of Turner Field. Either way, what you've got is a smallish, erector set style stadium dropped into a place where there's a clear, even desperate hope that a neighborhood will grow up around it.

The ground into which the seed has been planted is somewhat different; Turner was a product of the '96 Olympics, and its ambition that Atlanta would become a sort of new, more diverse version of a Rome or Paris. SunTrust is more targeted at the suburban people who actually buy Braves paraphernalia in 2018.

Fulton County.......you mean three rivers or the vet? Those old stadiums were so spread out compared to today’s engineering. Turner Field was nice. The only reason they left a relatively young stadium was because Mayor Reed cut a check for the Falcons and didn’t have any money left for Liberty Media. Not to mention they never made good on building up that area between downtown and Turner Field. Marietta has enough going on to support SunTrust and The Battery but it will be interesting to see how it evolves over the next five years.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-04-24 16:46:11)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#13 2018-04-24 23:20:26 - Braves @ Reds

AndreWhere (1252)

AndreWhere wrote:

Fulton County.......you mean three rivers or the vet? Those old stadiums were so spread out compared to today’s engineering. Turner Field was nice. The only reason they left a relatively young stadium was because Mayor Reed cut a check for the Falcons and didn’t have any money left for Liberty Media. Not to mention they never made good on building up that area between downtown and Turner Field. Marietta has enough going on to support SunTrust and The Battery but it will be interesting to see how it evolves over the next five years.

It's all true. Fulton County was basically Three Rivers. The neighborhood surrounding it (which also surrounded Turner) was and is nothing... a tragic, 20 year mistake.

Marietta is nice, but very lower middle class. They need to build a rail line there, in my opinion, but sadly they might not. They can rely on the people who live their entire lives in a tricked out Yukon XL. Pack 11,000 of them per game into a little crackerbox stadium, and profit on the $9 hot dogs. It's quadruple A baseball, but it turns a profit.

Board footer