CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-25 12:29:39 - Wayne Graham Out at Rice

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Wayne Graham Out at Rice

After 23.........thats 23 consecutive NCAA appearances.....Rice is going in another direction at the end of this season. That direction appears to be former Astro Lance Berkman. He is a former Owl but has not coached at the collegiate level. One would think that Rice would be a bigger job compared to any mid/lower SEC or Big 12 opportunities. Private school with tons of tradition in a power rich recruiting state like Texas......

Adding to this thought.......I wonder if Dozier will end up being our skipper once his playing days are done. He makes his off season home in Hattiesburg so you would think that would be a very strong possibility. Imagine the recruiting......

https://www.chron.com/sports/rice/artic … 864068.php

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-04-25 12:44:53 - Wayne Graham Out at Rice

tg300 (439)

Re: Wayne Graham Out at Rice

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

After 23.........thats 23 consecutive NCAA appearances.....Rice is going in another direction at the end of this season. That direction appears to be former Astro Lance Berkman. He is a former Owl but has not coached at the collegiate level. One would think that Rice would be a bigger job compared to any mid/lower SEC or Big 12 opportunities. Private school with tons of tradition in a power rich recruiting state like Texas......

Adding to this thought.......I wonder if Dozier will end up being our skipper once his playing days are done. He makes his off season home in Hattiesburg so you would think that would be a very strong possibility. Imagine the recruiting......

https://www.chron.com/sports/rice/artic … 864068.php

Not sure his make up lends itself to coaching.  Interesting though.

As for Graham, unfortunately at his age the recruiting train will pass Rice by in a hurry if they don't make a move now.

#3 2018-04-25 12:55:21 - Wayne Graham Out at Rice

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

tg300 wrote:

He is apparently coaching high school ball in Houston with Andy Pettitte as his assistant coach. Not sure you get a package deal like that if he gets the offer from Rice.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-04-25 16:08:58 - Wayne Graham Out at Rice

tg300 (439)

tg300 wrote:

He is apparently coaching high school ball in Houston with Andy Pettitte as his assistant coach. Not sure you get a package deal like that if he gets the offer from Rice.

Poor reply by me.

I was talking about Dozier here.

#5 2018-04-25 17:14:59 - Wayne Graham Out at Rice

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Poor reply by me.

I was talking about Dozier here.

I wondered about that LOL.

I am surprised Graham and Rice couldn't find a way to call this a retirement. You're 82 and you still want to go earn a paycheck every day? I think I'd write a book or something at that point.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer