CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-05-08 23:26:03 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

eaglenjxn (11)
Member
Registered: 2018-01-04
Posts: 34

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Coastal Carolina from the Big South went 40-15 during the 2016 regular season (losing to Ohio St and Ole Miss) before winning the regional in Raleigh and the Super in Baton Rouge......ended up winning it all

Fresno St went 32-27 in the 2008 regular season, had to win the WAC to make a regional, and won it all in Omaha........

If they can win it, this team is equally qualified to win it all.

Fresno not a great example.

3 of their 4 starting pitchers made the majors and the other made AA. 2 in their lineup made the majors and another two made AAA.

I get your point. But Fresno was definitely not a “little engine that could.”

And that Coastal team could bash the baseball.

Offline

Liked by:

#22 2018-05-09 09:21:52 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (473)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,925

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

eaglenjxn wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Coastal Carolina from the Big South went 40-15 during the 2016 regular season (losing to Ohio St and Ole Miss) before winning the regional in Raleigh and the Super in Baton Rouge......ended up winning it all

Fresno St went 32-27 in the 2008 regular season, had to win the WAC to make a regional, and won it all in Omaha........

If they can win it, this team is equally qualified to win it all.

Fresno not a great example.

3 of their 4 starting pitchers made the majors and the other made AA. 2 in their lineup made the majors and another two made AAA.

I get your point. But Fresno was definitely not a “little engine that could.”

And that Coastal team could bash the baseball.

Those major league pitchers lost to every directional named team that season in the WAC. They might have turned out to make the show but their yet to be found potential lost 27 games in the regular season in a horrible conference. They simply got hot at the right time......just like we did one year later.....and our 2018 squad is better than Corkys last team.....


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Online

#23 2018-05-11 22:40:34 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

So like I was saying, this is all just too much for a USM sports team to handle.

Offline

#24 2018-05-11 22:43:20 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Remember all this good news, before the TTT occurs. And make no mistake, A TTT will happen. And it's going to be a doozy.

And boy was it ever.

Offline

#25 2018-05-11 23:04:10 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Was looking for some commentary from The Head Eagle. Wonder where The is.

Offline

#26 2018-05-11 23:37:27 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

AndreWhere (508)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 4,676

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

Remember all this good news, before the TTT occurs. And make no mistake, A TTT will happen. And it's going to be a doozy.

And boy was it ever.

True TTT would be getting swept, or even just losing the series. That said, Sandlin et al. had the spotlight on them tonight and they reacted in all too familiar fashion.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#27 2018-05-14 11:08:25 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

AndreWhere wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

Remember all this good news, before the TTT occurs. And make no mistake, A TTT will happen. And it's going to be a doozy.

And boy was it ever.

True TTT would be getting swept, or even just losing the series.

And there you have it. So predictable. If USM sports was on the stock exchange we'd all be multi millionaires.

Offline

#28 2018-05-15 23:08:13 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Now THAT was one Doozy of a TTT. and the TTT Train keeps on a rolling. Next stop, Huntington, WV. all aboard!

Offline

#29 2018-05-15 23:17:18 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

AndreWhere (508)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 4,676

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Now THAT was one Doozy of a TTT. and the TTT Train keeps on a rolling. Next stop, Huntington, WV. all aboard!

I feel like "your" enjoying this "to" much.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

x 2
x 2

#30 2018-05-20 12:23:36 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Expect rain delays for the tournament as I understand there to be thunderstorms down in Biloxi all tornament week. And I think we all recall what happened last tournament we were in that had delays. Couple that with an easy bracket and you've got yourself the makings Of a classic TTT.

Offline

#31 2018-05-20 17:52:33 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (473)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,925

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Remember how awesome we were last season.....winning the last 40 games in a row.......only to lose the CUSA tourney opener by 7 to #8 UTSA? Maybe they can refer to that tape on what not to do this week....


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Online

#32 2018-05-20 22:21:01 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

stinkfist (285)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,645

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Remember how awesome we were last season.....winning the last 40 games in a row.......only to lose the CUSA tourney opener by 7 to #8 UTSA? Maybe they can refer to that tape on what not to do this week....

I remember....I was there.....was toasted and roasted in the heat, but I still remember.....

I got to forget to call the Grand Bear to cancel my easily expecTTTed TTT tee time....hell, it save me a buck fiddy (since I was floating the cost for me and lil bubba) wink

Last edited by stinkfist (2018-05-20 22:28:38)

Offline

#33 2018-05-20 22:25:52 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

stinkfist (285)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,645

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Expect rain delays for the tournament as I understand there to be thunderstorms down in Biloxi all tornament week. And I think we all recall what happened last tournament we were in that had delays. Couple that with an easy bracket and you've got yourself the makings Of a classic TTT.

thanks for that weather update in sports AJG.....hell, it's scary how much you look like him when I look backwards.....

Offline

#34 2018-05-21 09:39:49 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Tropical system gaining strength in the gulf now heading straight for MGM Park.

Offline

#35 2018-05-21 11:06:51 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (473)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,925

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Tropical system gaining strength in the gulf now heading straight for MGM Park.

Jl4Rtyq.gif


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Online

#36 2018-05-21 13:40:01 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nick just won The Ferris.

Offline

#37 2018-05-21 14:04:44 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (473)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,925

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Nick just won a ferret

7148d1014d6fdf5b7b1e8fc90d3eaa4d.gif


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Online

#38 2018-05-22 07:30:10 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

admin (187)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,803
Website

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker wrote:

Nick just won The Ferris.

Starting Sandlin was Berry's big, think-outside-the-box move. As well as it's paid off, you'd think we'd have more good things to talk about.

Offline

#39 2018-05-22 08:39:06 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

admin wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

Nick just won The Ferris.

Starting Sandlin was Berry's big, think-outside-the-box move. As well as it's paid off, you'd think we'd have more good things to talk about.

Definitely. I was skeptical at first as he'd always been a closer. But He turned into our John Smoltz. Great job by Berry this year.

Offline

#40 2018-05-22 09:12:06 - Eagles #7 in the nation.

southern miss slacker (304)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 1,455

Re: Eagles #7 in the nation.

Now 80-90 % chance of precipitation each day of the tournament. It's definitely going to precipitate a lot. I wonder what plans they are putting in place right now.

Offline

Board footer