CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-12 17:46:13 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

AndreWhere (1252)

SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba … u-marshall

I guess they mean 6-6 followed by a possible bowel game?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-06-13 06:11:51 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

tg300 (439)

Re: SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

Raise and extension.

We are the Wile E. Coyote of D1 football.

On another note, our yuge adidas contract affords the fb team 2 jerseys and 1 pair of pants per player.

#3 2018-06-13 10:18:23 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

stinkfist (764)

tg300 wrote:

Raise and extension.

We are the Wile E. Coyote of D1 football.

On another note, our yuge adidas contract affords the fb team 2 jerseys and 1 pair of pants per player.

they must've tossed in a washer/dryer combo....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#4 2018-06-13 12:26:13 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Since this is Year 3 I am going to fairly compare this staff to Monkens staff. Monken inherited a $hit show and turned it into a nine win team with a CUSA appearance in Year 3.

Since this staff did not inherit a $hit show and had legit talent to work with, develop, recruit, etc.....I dont want to hear about how we lost Ito or how many starters left, etc..... Either you make it to the CUSA championship in Y3 or you dont. Its that simple. If we end up winning 7 and playing in New Orleans you have clearly seen the peak of this staff and need to find the next guy immediately.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#5 2018-06-13 13:51:25 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Since this is Year 3 I am going to fairly compare this staff to Monkens staff. Monken inherited a $hit show and turned it into a nine win team with a CUSA appearance in Year 3.

Since this staff did not inherit a $hit show and had legit talent to work with, develop, recruit, etc.....I dont want to hear about how we lost Ito or how many starters left, etc..... Either you make it to the CUSA championship in Y3 or you dont. Its that simple. If we end up winning 7 and playing in New Orleans you have clearly seen the peak of this staff and need to find the next guy immediately.

That's more than fair. Not sure the box-checkers see things that way, though. They've got a guy who's cheap and isn't going anywhere. He'll really have to screw the pooch, and do so for more than just one season, for his job to be in jeopardy.

#6 2018-06-13 15:11:25 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Either you make it to the SUNWACUSionship or you dont.

Aim High Eagles .. Aim High

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#7 2018-06-13 15:22:48 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Either you make it to the SUNWACUSionship or you dont.

Aim High Eagles .. Aim High

The fact that anyone ever mistook CUSA championships for "the goal" is the root of the problem. I realized that even 20 years ago.

#8 2018-06-13 17:15:02 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

stinkfist (764)

I won't go into how that strikes home......well done!!!

it's either that or fock-off....

I caught so much shite for defending Monk out of the gate.....................yeah.................

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#9 2018-06-13 17:41:26 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

I caught so much shite for defending Monk out of the gate.....................yeah.................

It's been a while (and I can be very critical), but I don't ever remember writing off Monken completely. I do recall speculating that he was too close to the players, or too nice maybe, with all the Playstation time and whatnot. In hindsight, after 23 straight losses and a whole season under Coach John Birch, that was probably exactly the kind of approach they needed.

Of the people I've written off as 100% incompetent, I don't think I've ever been wrong, although at least one of them is still on staff and could theoretically prove me wrong yet.

#10 2018-06-13 18:04:11 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

stinkfist wrote:

Monken was two years away from having us in the top 25. Hop is two years away from having us lose to a SWAC opponent

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#11 2018-06-13 18:05:28 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

tg300 (439)

stinkfist wrote:

Monken was two years away from having us in the top 25. Hop is two years away from having us lose to a SWAC opponent

Maybe sooner.

#12 2018-06-13 18:14:07 - SBNation calls for 6.4 wins

admin (289)
Administrator

If I could write comments like that on my own I'd run a blog instead of a message board.

Board footer