CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-24 23:16:26 - Virtual Gilbert

admin (289)
Administrator

Virtual Gilbert

I was reading through Jon Gilbert's email messages, and it occurred to me that the way he communicates could be simulated using some pretty rudimentary artificial intelligence techniques. After a bit of hacking, I have come up with an initial version of "Virtual Gilbert." You can access it at this URL:

http://sands.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:8383/

Each time you visit / refresh the page, you will be shown a computer-generated Gilbert quote. Please keep in mind that this is a test version of the program.

#2 2018-06-25 12:19:53 - Virtual Gilbert

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Virtual Gilbert

Gilbert.png

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2018-06-25 14:39:53 - Virtual Gilbert

EXTRA EXTRA.....READ ALL ABOUT IT........

"In our last To The Top, I shared our progress with the Department's inaugural Leadership Academy. In this edition of To The Top, I've asked for a report from one of our Program Leaders on the capstone experience for the Academy - a 7-day wilderness experience with an organization named Outward Bound. The expedition took place on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota." -Jon Gilbert

Why, why, why and why is this coming from our clown AD? We are paying $350K per year for a camping guide for students. Jon, where is our update on what we pay you for? Where do we stand on:

1) Exit from CUSA. BIG 10 schools are getting a check this week for $51 million. What have you done this month to help improve our financial standing so maybe we can target like 5% of that Big 10 number? Is that realistic?

2) Where do we stand with our OC whos contract expires next week? Care to share?

3) Are we still going to keep Joye Lee? Just fyi, she hasnt won a CUSA title ever in 14 seasons.

4) Did you have a season ending exit interview for Berry and his staff? What are your goals for him next season?

5) Where does Hop stand as far as measurable goals this season? Anything?

6) Whats the status on Tobys Taco Tax and timeline for a upgrades to RGC?

7) Whats up with The Rock? Do you need to borrow my power washer before the opener?

Can someone get this clown to actually provide updates on substance and not camping trips to Minnesota?

camping.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#4 2018-06-25 14:59:54 - Virtual Gilbert

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Goblet wrote:

The expedition took place in northern Minnesota.

Surely those that give to the Eagle Club are thrilled to pay for that shit.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#5 2018-06-25 16:25:29 - Virtual Gilbert

B&GBU (259)

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#6 2018-06-25 17:10:07 - Virtual Gilbert

admin (289)
Administrator

adi.png

#7 2018-06-25 17:14:54 - Virtual Gilbert

tg300 (439)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

"In our last To The Top, I shared our progress with the Department's inaugural Leadership Academy. In this edition of To The Top, I've asked for a report from one of our Program Leaders on the capstone experience for the Academy - a 7-day wilderness experience with an organization named Outward Bound. The expedition took place on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota." -Jon Gilbert

Why, why, why and why is this coming from our clown AD? We are paying $350K per year for a camping guide for students. Jon, where is our update on what we pay you for? Where do we stand on:

1) Exit from CUSA. BIG 10 schools are getting a check this week for $51 million. What have you done this month to help improve our financial standing so maybe we can target like 5% of that Big 10 number? Is that realistic?

2) Where do we stand with our OC whos contract expires next week? Care to share?

3) Are we still going to keep Joye Lee? Just fyi, she hasnt won a CUSA title ever in 14 seasons.

4) Did you have a season ending exit interview for Berry and his staff? What are your goals for him next season?

7) Whats up with The Rock? Do you need to borrow my power washer before the opener?

Can someone get this clown to actually provide updates on substance and not camping trips to Minnesota?

camping.jpeg

Need a 'face palm' button.

#8 2018-06-25 17:28:13 - Virtual Gilbert

A giant missed opportunity by Southern Miss 1.5 years ago.....dude was officially hired today by Maryland.

I’m sure he is coordinating his first camping trip as AD as I type this.....

A16D55C2-80BB-4756-89FE-F812EEDA88C3.jpeg

Liked by:

#9 2018-06-25 17:40:18 - Virtual Gilbert

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Whats the status on Tobys Taco Tax and timeline for a upgrades to RGC?

They've fenced off the area to start the Favre Badminton Court. I'm sure that delayed any action on the hay barn.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#10 2018-06-25 17:59:02 - Virtual Gilbert

B&GBU (259)

...and VD Clinic

#11 2018-06-25 18:54:37 - Virtual Gilbert

Ace Barker (260)
Website

A giant missed opportunity by Southern Miss 1.5 years ago.....dude was officially hired today by Maryland.

I’m sure he is coordinating his first camping trip as AD as I type this.....

A16D55C2-80BB-4756-89FE-F812EEDA88C3.jpeg

I had two names when on the G committee, Dr. Danny Morriso and Damon Evans. After I was lied to about Dr. Morrison there was no reason to submit Damon Evans. I figured he would land on his feet somewhere.

Ace...

#12 2018-06-25 18:56:45 - Virtual Gilbert

Ace Barker (260)
Website

tg300 wrote:

camping.jpeg

Need a 'face palm' button.

If it was any school other than USM, I would think this was from The Onion.

Ace...

Liked by:

#13 2018-06-25 19:12:38 - Virtual Gilbert

Ace Barker (260)
Website

“The reality is”, USM is officially dead. “You know what I’m sayin’?”

Ace...

Liked by:

#14 2018-06-25 19:40:10 - Virtual Gilbert

B&GBU (259)

admin wrote:

I was reading through Jon Gilbert's email messages, and it occurred to me that the way he communicates could be simulated using some pretty rudimentary artificial intelligence techniques. After a bit of hacking, I have come up with an initial version of "Virtual Gilbert." You can access it at this URL:

http://sands.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:8383/

Each time you visit / refresh the page, you will be shown a computer-generated Gilbert quote. Please keep in mind that this is a test version of the program.

Visions of Max Headroom.

#15 2018-06-25 19:56:01 - Virtual Gilbert

USMstang (303)

Y'all have touched on all the obvious shit with this fuckin campout with no deordorant.  I'm sure they all smelled like cat food and ass after a week with no baths.  And that made them bond somehow.  Hopefully one day it will make them send some GD money back to USM.

Question:  where are the football, baseball and basketball players??  I saw the participants list and it is almost all softball and soccer.  WTF?

Hopefully a "me too" event transpired and we throw this goofy dipshit out on his head by Wednesday.

Last edited by USMstang (2018-06-25 19:57:18)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#16 2018-06-25 20:01:46 - Virtual Gilbert

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

Y'all have touched on all the obvious shit with this fuckin campout with no deordorant.  I'm sure they all smelled like cat food and ass after a week with no baths.  And that made them bond somehow.  Hopefully one day it will make them send some GD money back to USM.

Question:  where are the football, baseball and basketball players??  I saw the participants list and it is almost all softball and soccer.  WTF?

Hopefully a "me too" event transpired and we throw this goofy dipshit out on his head by Wednesday.

jg11.png

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#17 2018-06-25 20:04:48 - Virtual Gilbert

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Fantastic Thread

#18 2018-06-25 20:16:25 - Virtual Gilbert

AndreWhere (1252)

jg9.png

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#19 2018-06-25 21:25:32 - Virtual Gilbert

keyboard kowboy (72)

After manifesto number 1 I was concerned . I am now officially hopeless . [ I know , in more ways than one ]  This cat puts this drivel out periodically and I guess some academic eats it up . Probably Bennet . What a crying shame .

Liked by:

#20 2018-06-25 22:32:27 - Virtual Gilbert

USMstang (303)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

After manifesto number 1 I was concerned . I am now officially hopeless . [ I know , in more ways than one ]  This cat puts this drivel out periodically and I guess some academic eats it up . Probably Bennet . What a crying shame .

You realize he released two in the past couple days huh?  And its apparently a 3 part series about how he wasted several thousand dollars on a camping trip to Minnesota.  Camp there in January and I'll be impressed as hell.  Until then, not so much.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer