CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-04 10:53:31 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

admin (289)
Administrator

Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

You may have noticed that traffic to and from this site is now encrypted using the HTTPS protocol. Different browsers indicate this is different ways, but typically there's a lock icon next to the address bar:

https.png

It's worth mentioning that CSNBBS.com lacks this feature. This means that people's interactions with that site are visible, in unencrypted form, to anyone who cares to look. I guess that's generally not a problem for a sports message board, but I'd also suggest that it's something to keep in mind when you're typing stuff into that site. And you can't really consider the login system there secure, since your credentials are easy to intercept and hijack.

This change should also improve the site's visibility in Google searches

Liked by:

#2 2017-12-09 13:50:50 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

Jeremy knew this was an issue 3.5 years ago! What's the hold up, man?

ssl.png

#3 2017-12-09 13:51:21 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

admin (289)
Administrator

Yet.

#4 2018-06-29 21:20:14 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

admin (289)
Administrator

Looks like the other site is making a push to add this feature as well. It's not quite 100%. You won't get the green lock icon on any pages yet, just a yellow lock icon with a warning message. Seems they haven't quite figured out how to securely implement something called "Ad-ometry" securely yet. 

I guess if any of the folks over at the Southeast LinuxFest need help installing a security certificate, they can message me. lol

Liked by:

#5 2018-06-30 16:10:51 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

USMstang (303)

If we were the morons from BGN, we would say some stupid shit like, "we love you Andre"!  But we're not those douchebags so I'll just say thanks man, I appreciate your efforts.

Yah, I read some lovefest to Lanny from some grown ass man on there several years ago and cancelled my membership that fuckin day.  Struggling thru his unedited, incohesive articles was bad enough but that was too much for me.  As for the Jeremy character, I've never looked back after my being banned.  I never expected to be banned from anything in my adult life and yet at 50+, I didn't mind that one at all.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#6 2018-06-30 16:29:22 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

admin (289)
Administrator

USMstang wrote:

Yah, I read some lovefest to Lanny from some grown ass man on there several years ago and cancelled my membership that fuckin day

Lanny really aims to be a sports journalist, I think. That's fine. He's made some inroads towards being accepted as such. That said, my reward isn't time on AM radio or the adulation of jock sniffers. My reward is reading the off-the-wall and occasionally insightful things people post here. A site like BGN will never get you any info beyond the party line.

#7 2018-06-30 20:38:01 - Site traffic now enrypted with HTTPS (CSNBBS.com doesn't have this)

stinkfist (764)

admin wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Yah, I read some lovefest to Lanny from some grown ass man on there several years ago and cancelled my membership that fuckin day

Lanny really aims to be a sports journalist, I think. That's fine. He's made some inroads towards being accepted as such. That said, my reward isn't time on AM radio or the adulation of jock sniffers. My reward is reading the off-the-wall and occasionally insightful things people post here. A site like BGN will never get you any info beyond the party line.

there should NEVER be anything 'proprietary' when it comes to a bbs coupled with a public university.....

and most posters already know my disdain for 'lanny tactics'......

#badmethodman

you've done well Andre.....

Last edited by stinkfist (2018-06-30 20:38:32)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Board footer