CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-20 11:57:55 - New scheduling gimmick for CUSA basketball

AndreWhere (1252)

New scheduling gimmick for CUSA basketball

This upcoming basketball season, the conference schedule won't be finalized until after the first seven weeks of conference play are complete. At that point, the teams will be split into three tiers and the members of each tier will play their remaining conference games against each other only.

This is something the Sun Belt apparently invented. The idea is that this will help get more postseason bids for the conference, presumably by giving the top 2 or 3 teams a chance to build RPI.

Doc Sadler hates it (https://www.sunherald.com/sports/colleg … 61695.html) and I can see where it would make his job more difficult. That said, I'll withhold judgment, although I doubt this gimmick will turn CUSA into a league that has multiple teams in the NCAA tournament.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-07-20 14:15:25 - New scheduling gimmick for CUSA basketball

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Re: New scheduling gimmick for CUSA basketball

Reads like Judy asked NECKCAR to come up with this scheme. Another reason why I don't watch NECKCAR anymore.

Ace...

#3 2018-07-20 18:06:26 - New scheduling gimmick for CUSA basketball

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

Reads like Judy asked NECKCAR to come up with this scheme. Another reason why I don't watch NECKCAR anymore.

Ace...

Yeah, I immediately thought of NASCAR, too.

Sports have become very focused on crowning one team "the best." An example: I watched "The Natural" last night, and I'd never really thought about it before, but it ends with the team winning the NL pennant. Show kids that movie nowadays and they'd chew your ear off asking what happened in the World Series.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2018-07-21 18:28:28 - New scheduling gimmick for CUSA basketball

USMstang (303)

I saw this discussed on the 24/7 board a couple months ago.  Not sure what to make of it.  Neat idea in theory but kinda screws you over if you start poorly and try to go on a rampage.  So maybe you still do but your SOS goes to total shit because you play the sellar.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

Board footer