CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 14:48:31 - Chris Klenakis

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Chris Klenakis

DUI and now suspended from the team. If you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere.......

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38921807/assi … ed-for-dui

And the audacity of Bobby Petrino to have this quote regarding the Klenakis arrest....
"There are high standards in our program for our coaching staff and we must adhere to those standards on a daily basis"

Sure Bobby, sounds great.....

YJPPETRINO-jumbo.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-08-20 15:52:25 - Chris Klenakis

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Chris Klenakis

This is the guy with the gimmicky offense that Bower wouldn't run. Always wondered what the point of hiring him was.

Anyway, at that blood alcohol content reading, he shouldn't be operating a can opener, much less a car. I never buy into the laundry list of "almosts" that the police inevitably choose to embellish their stories with, but this guy did make a terrible decision.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-08-20 18:36:23 - Chris Klenakis

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Hung out with Jeff and Tom for their mom's 95th birthday in Gaineslville last Friday. I read these comments and wonder where they come from. I will ask him about it next time I get together. I know zero about offensive football formations so I don't know. I recall talking to Tim Doherty about offenses under one of our previous coaches after Jeff. Tim said they were running what was advertised and the fan was wrong. Got me. I know when USM scores 6, 1, 2 and 3.

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2018-08-20 18:37:51)

#4 2018-08-20 19:52:34 - Chris Klenakis

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

Hung out with Jeff and Tom for their mom's 95th birthday in Gaineslville last Friday. I read these comments and wonder where they come from. I will ask him about it next time I get together. I know zero about offensive football formations so I don't know. I recall talking to Tim Doherty about offenses under one of our previous coaches after Jeff. Tim said they were running what was advertised and the fan was wrong. Got me. I know when USM scores 6, 1, 2 and 3.

Ace...

I'm not an expert on offense, either, but I did notice the differences between what Klenakis ran at Nevada and what was run at USM while he was here.

Klenakis was at USM from 2000-2002, and the things he'd run at Nevada (a lot of pistol formation stuff, for example) were never utilized at USM back then. Hiring Klenakis didn't change that.

Instead, the team continued doing the same thing, i.e. running a lot of 2 RB / 1 TE sets and mostly putting the QB behind center. Klenakis and his ideas were an ornament at best. That said, if the dude was a flat-out drunk, I wouldn't exactly be seeking out his ideas either.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer