CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-08 11:21:58 - What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

Special EdD (0)

What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

This is in no way a suggestion or even a desire, but I wonder what that would mean:

1. Would the program lose further support, or like NDSU or SHSU and have more?

2. What would this mean for recruiting? I spoke with a MS College coach who said it has been hard transitioning up to D-2 because so many athletes want to be D-1. I worry the product on the field would diminish.

3. Would this allow further investment in other sports.

I'm sure I'll get a cussin' over this...but I'm interested in learning thoughts.

#2 2017-09-08 11:38:47 - What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

What if......we sell USM to Liberty University? This will fix our financial and attendance issues. It will eliminate all Gaye's on campus.....churches that voted for Trump get free tickets to all home games, the pope will heal Howard's hands and we all get into heaven when we die.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2017-09-08 14:24:02 - What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

southern miss slacker (304)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

What if......we sell USM to Liberty University? This will fix our financial and attendance issues. It will eliminate all Gaye's on campus.....churches that voted for Trump get free tickets to all home games, the pope will heal Howard's hands and we all get into heaven when we die.

The Lord Christ Jesus will have 3 words for all of us when die and show up at the Gate. "Go To Hell"!

#4 2017-09-08 14:26:42 - What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

tg300 (439)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Marvin Gaye is dead anyway.  Don't know if we need any other Gaye's.  Can any others sing?

#5 2017-09-08 15:32:18 - What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

tg300 wrote:

Don't know if we need any other Gaye's.  Can any others sing?

PastelCheerfulClownanemonefish-max-1mb.gif

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#6 2017-09-08 16:58:29 - What If, I Hesitate to Say, USM Were FCS?

admin (289)
Administrator

It happens to people. The U of San Francisco used to be a football power, now they're not. Same with the Ivy League. You move on and hope that the school as a whole becomes better.

I wouldn't go to nearly as many games as I do now. Might donate some of that money to the academic side of things instead, though.

Board footer