CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 15:18:27 - AP Poll Released Today

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AP Poll Released Today

Only two G5 schools were included, UCF and Boise. MSstake got in at #18. CUSA has one team receiving votes, FAU, coming in at #30. They open at #7 Oklahoma and also play #21 UCF. The Sunbelt has two teams getting votes, Troy and Arky St. Auburn is the only team on our schedule that has anything to do with this poll which means........

Our schedule sucks.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-08-20 21:51:43 - AP Poll Released Today

Fighting eagle (114)

Re: AP Poll Released Today

I doubt you'll ever see usm ranked again.

#3 2018-08-21 06:42:37 - AP Poll Released Today

tg300 (439)

Fighting eagle wrote:

I doubt you'll ever see usm ranked again.

I would love to give you a 'doc' and say you are way off base.

You aren't.  At least in this machination of D1 football.

When the big boys break away, the remnants of their conferences will want someone to play and form 'D1 light'.

We could definitely be ranked in that.

#4 2018-08-21 08:10:52 - AP Poll Released Today

Fighting eagle (114)

Baseball is where it's at now. Everyone should put their money they use for football in baseball. Football is over for us.   We need to keep that train on the track. More money there means higher paid and better coaches. And they need to build luxury boxes on the right side because it really fucks with my OCD seeing just the left side box. And its past time  to put roof over the seats the sun is brutal.

Last edited by Fighting eagle (2018-08-21 08:12:45)

#5 2018-08-21 08:29:38 - AP Poll Released Today

Disagree that we will never be ranked again even in todays game. College football is cyclical. Schools like San Diego St get ranked and lose to South Alabama the following week. UCF climbs into the top 10 without beating a single ranked opponent during the regular season. The only P5 school they beat, Maryland, had 8 losses. Western Michigan goes to the Cotton Bowl beating zero ranked teams and their only P5 wins were against Northwestern and Illinois who combined lost 15 games that season.....

In reality, this season, considering our weak schedule, could end with us getting votes by the end of the year. Outside of Auburn every game is winnable. Could end up with 5 wins or as many as 10 before its over.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#6 2018-08-21 08:46:02 - AP Poll Released Today

Fighting eagle (114)

Winning every game except for Auburn will not get us ranked. The lack if power rating for the teams we play assures that .

#7 2018-08-21 10:59:07 - AP Poll Released Today

tg300 (439)

Fighting eagle wrote:

Baseball is where it's at now. Everyone should put their money they use for football in baseball. Football is over for us.   We need to keep that train on the track. More money there means higher paid and better coaches. And they need to build luxury boxes on the right side because it really fucks with my OCD seeing just the left side box. And its past time  to put roof over the seats the sun is brutal.

A sunshade for those baking in the aluminum stands is desperately needed.

No trailer houses on third base line unless someone can buy the apartments from Dr. York.

And yes, put your money in baseball.  We go all out for baseball.  Football is merely drinking somewhere else.

Basketball is, well, look at my avatar.

#8 2018-08-21 13:18:54 - AP Poll Released Today

Paddy McGee throws in his predictions......has us going 8-4 with losses to App St, Auburn, UAB and NTX

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/colleg … 39380.html

#9 2018-08-21 15:50:54 - AP Poll Released Today

99beers (303)

Never ever ever thought i would see the day when we are expected to lose to App St, UAB and NTX.   Read that again.  It’s getting worse every year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#10 2018-08-21 16:47:25 - AP Poll Released Today

AndreWhere (1252)

99beers wrote:

Never ever ever thought i would see the day when we are expected to lose to App St, UAB and NTX.   Read that again.  It’s getting worse every year.

And yet that would be good enough for 8-4, a bowel game, and even more cushion for Hopson and his "dream job." As sad as those predictions are, what's truly sad is that they still don't rule out "success."

I wouldn't look past ULM, either. Maybe I'll eat my words, but ULM lost basically no one from last year and can definitely move the football.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer