CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-28 22:22:15 - Put a fork in this place.....

99beers (303)

Put a fork in this place.....

Moving on.   Dead during game week,  guess I gotta pay.  Be on 24/7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#2 2018-08-28 22:46:47 - Put a fork in this place.....

Fighting eagle (114)

Re: Put a fork in this place.....

I agree. No information here except what little I brought. Seems most here are out of touch. Pride 247 has a ton of info and is growing. Best board by far.

#3 2018-08-28 22:48:11 - Put a fork in this place.....

EagleFWB (176)

I really think it's just a reflection of the opinion of the majority fan. It's bad guys and this shit ain't getting better.

On the board..... USM does not have enough fans for 5 different boards... We need 1.. Two tops.

#4 2018-08-29 05:27:31 - Put a fork in this place.....

AndreWhere (1252)

2018 football opens up with Jackson State, ULM, Appalachian State, and Rice. I see two meaningless wins in there, a real yardstick of a road loss, and a toss-up against ULM, and I think everyone else sees exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure what else you can possibly say about that, and I don't think the fact that we know these things and behave accordingly means we're "out of touch." I'd say the opposite, in fact. The people on this board are hip to what's going on at USM. "Out of touch" would be giving a shit about JSU, ULM, Embarrassment State, and Rice in anything but the most casual way.

Now, if they go 4-0 over that stretch, I'll warm up to this team. I'll certainly go to the Auburn game regardless of record because I support USM playing good teams. If you want a detailed breakdown of Marcelo Rodriguez's footwork or the six different variations of the waggle that Shannon Dawson runs, I'm sorry, I've had those urges beaten out of me already.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2018-08-29 08:33:58 - Put a fork in this place.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

EagleFWB wrote:

I really think it's just a reflection of the opinion of the majority fan. It's bad guys and this shit ain't getting better.

On the board..... USM does not have enough fans for 5 different boards... We need 1.. Two tops.

You essentially have one guy on BGN District that posts to himself. If the pay site has any worthy info from Glyn it ends up on Eaglepost as a screen shot.....and by worthy, I mean breaking news about the inflatable helmet returning....The only decent posters on GT Swags site post here as well.

I enjoy talking to my brothers here and on EP ocasionally.....besides........Dunwoody and Baldy are Southern Miss guys. Never understood the need to pay to type about USM. I'm spending $4.99 a month now to watch my school play this fall. Why would one pay double that to get the same practice reports Suss posts daily?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#6 2018-08-29 09:11:53 - Put a fork in this place.....

AndreWhere (1252)

I'm actually kind of looking forward to basketball season this year.

#7 2018-08-29 09:15:08 - Put a fork in this place.....

AndreWhere wrote:

athletics-bbm-1.png

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#8 2018-08-29 09:28:39 - Put a fork in this place.....

admin (289)
Administrator

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

athletics-bbm-1.png

Looks like somebody got a nice gift basket at least.

#9 2018-08-29 09:36:14 - Put a fork in this place.....

admin (289)
Administrator

Here's something about this board: the most posts ever made on it were on the day of last year's football opener vs. Kentucky. That should tell you something about what USM fans actually care about.

I have said that that game was an unfortunate fork in the road for USM, and I think the history of this board since then bears this out. That game sucked. Kickoff was too early. The stadium looked like a dump and there weren't enough people in the stands to hide that fact from the TV cameras. USM came out flat, but outgained Kentucky pretty significantly. Unfortunately they also fumbled the ball away 3 times.

Instead of a win vs. an SEC team at home in front of a big crowd, we got... that. And afterwards Gilbert had to gall to brag about how much cash he was able to gouge us for.

Everything that's happened since has just been an effort to get back to where we were on 9/2/2017, and I don't even think Gilbert realizes it.

#10 2018-08-29 09:55:57 - Put a fork in this place.....

skyvoyager (177)

admin wrote:

Here's something about this board: the most posts ever made on it were on the day of last year's football opener vs. Kentucky. That should tell you something about what USM fans actually care about.

I have said that that game was an unfortunate fork in the road for USM, and I think the history of this board since then bears this out. That game sucked. Kickoff was too early. The stadium looked like a dump and there weren't enough people in the stands to hide that fact from the TV cameras. USM came out flat, but outgained Kentucky pretty significantly. Unfortunately they also fumbled the ball away 3 times.

Instead of a win vs. an SEC team at home in front of a big crowd, we got... that. And afterwards Gilbert had to gall to brag about how much cash he was able to gouge us for.

Everything that's happened since has just been an effort to get back to where we were on 9/2/2017, and I don't even think Gilbert realizes it.

A barometer of how far we have fallen was not just the KY loss at home.  the north tx, uab losses at home were bad.

the losses on the road to a bad tenn team and and average fsu team just re-enforce the point

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#11 2018-08-29 10:08:10 - Put a fork in this place.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Yeah, that UAB game sucked. They just came out of nowhere at the end of the third quarter and won going away. Games like that (and there were a few in 2016, too) really make me question the consistency of what's going on in the program.

#12 2018-08-29 10:46:50 - Put a fork in this place.....

sc_upstate_swagger_ (14)

I actually go by Peaches McDandruff now.

#13 2018-08-29 10:53:05 - Put a fork in this place.....

Kentucky was by no means unique. I've seen empty seats against VT, NC State, OK St and Texas AM at The Rock. For me, Pitt in 93 taught me everything I needed to know and expect from USM home game attendance going forward. Nothing can be done about any of those games. On the flip side, JSU holds two of the top 7 largest attendance crowds at Roberts. Even if its not a sellout you won't have another opportunity to experience a larger home crowd for a couple of years so if you can make it you probably should.

USM football will always be a part of me and my family. I look forward to the start of every season regardless of conference, Coach, Athletic Director, schedule or media projections. Some of the best memories I have with my family and friends include USM football. Even some disappointing, last minute losses I have witnessed in person over the last 26 years were great moments I wouldn't trade away. I could never see myself rooting for another college program with the same passion because I am completely invested in Southern Miss. We all have the right to complain about where we are, myself included. I will never let those challenges stop me from supporting this team or program.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-08-29 10:54:09)

#14 2018-08-29 10:57:55 - Put a fork in this place.....

99beers wrote:

You will be back......you always return....

jpozXCv.gif

#15 2018-08-29 12:02:17 - Put a fork in this place.....

tg300 (439)

99beers wrote:

You will be back......you always return....

jpozXCv.gif

Mr. copy&paste, call names, then cry about it always does.

#16 2018-08-29 12:28:11 - Put a fork in this place.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

They will be back......They always return.

Giblet?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#17 2018-08-29 19:09:45 - Put a fork in this place.....

B&GBU (259)

You know what Marko from Tropoja said.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#18 2018-08-30 06:44:01 - Put a fork in this place.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi44.tinypic.com%2Faniq36.jpg&f=1

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#19 2018-08-30 21:08:47 - Put a fork in this place.....

TheDudeAbides (59)

Can somebody get Nuggets Ghost to come back...kinda miss the Head Eeeeediot.

#20 2018-08-30 21:26:38 - Put a fork in this place.....

He doesn’t want you to know but he is on here.....posting among us........asking for your cable provider logins occasionally....

Board footer