CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-10 11:03:58 - Monday Perspective

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Monday Perspective

ULM spread was holding around 5 for a reason for a USM home game.....strip sack in the endzone flipped the spread.

Abraham was in his second start. He has a OL that is starting a true freshman in Trace Clopton. He has no running game to support him. Poor ball protection by Jack on the first fumble. Communication issues on the second one. Two picks and two TD's, almost 400 yards passing. Would like to see better running decisions which Tate showed us in game 1 but you need to let Jack develop at this point for confidence and experience.

Compared to Nick Mullens.....Nick had 2 TD's and 1 INT in his first game, a 55-14 loss to ECU. He had  1 TD and 3 INT's in his second game in another 55-14 home loss to an average UNT team.

Not concerned with Parker. He missed a 53 yard FG to the left but had plenty of leg. Other kick missed was from 49. He will be fine.

This schedule and this season matches up closely to Fedora's year 3 schedule. in 2010, we got waxed by South Carolina and won by one, 13-12, against a La Tech team that would lose 7 games. We will get waxed by Auburn and lost by one to a ULM team that will end up in a bowl game.

Fire Dawson.....probably not when you compare him to Blake in Y3. USM played Prairie View and La Tech early in 2010. Compare that to JSU and ULM in 2018. Dawsons offense has generated 21 more points and 200 more yards of total offense in comparison.

Defense is doing well. Still concerned about the secondary. When we face a QB that can throw we are going to give up some points.

Lots of bright spots on this team so far including Quez and Jaylond. Tez was good as a receiver as well against ULM. Need to use Mosley and was disappointed he wasn't used against ULM. Same with Anderson on short yardage.

App St game will be closer than 16 point spread. Its hard to support this, I get it. Hop isn't the problem, its a young team with inexperience. How quick we forget that everyone wanted Fedora and Anderson gone after a home loss to UAB in his third year.

I agree with Ghost from another board post that this team is built for next season as hard as that is to accept.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-09-10 11:07:05)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-09-10 11:23:37 - Monday Perspective

USMstang (303)

Re: Monday Perspective

You are fuckin crazy!  I don't care who else did what while they were here, whenever it was.  We have some serious issues in year 3 that were glaring in year 1 and repeated in year 2.  Hop ain't got it.  We are going to be lucky to win 5 games this year, more than likely only winning two more games.  He must make changes immediately in order to change that.  Get ready to puke next week.  Appy is gonna whip the living shit out of us not unlike they did Charlotte. 

If he sticks to "preparing better and practicing harder", Rice is going to beat us too.  And he will lose the players especially with the 15K that might show up for Rice.  After the Auburn debacle, shit is going to be EJ bad around here.  North Texas will stomp our ass and UTSA will be a ? of a game.  Wins may be Charlotte and UTEP.  Maybe!

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2018-09-10 11:33:30 - Monday Perspective

tg300 (439)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

ULM spread was holding around 5 for a reason for a USM home game.....strip sack in the endzone flipped the spread.

Abraham was in his second start. He has a OL that is starting a true freshman in Trace Clopton. He has no running game to support him. Poor ball protection by Jack on the first fumble. Communication issues on the second one. Two picks and two TD's, almost 400 yards passing. Would like to see better running decisions which Tate showed us in game 1 but you need to let Jack develop at this point for confidence and experience.

Compared to Nick Mullens.....Nick had 2 TD's and 1 INT in his first game, a 55-14 loss to ECU. He had  1 TD and 3 INT's in his second game in another 55-14 home loss to an average UNT team.

Not concerned with Parker. He missed a 53 yard FG to the left but had plenty of leg. Other kick missed was from 49. He will be fine.

This schedule and this season matches up closely to Fedora's year 3 schedule. in 2010, we got waxed by South Carolina and won by one, 13-12, against a La Tech team that would lose 7 games. We will get waxed by Auburn and lost by one to a ULM team that will end up in a bowl game.

Fire Dawson.....probably not when you compare him to Blake in Y3. USM played Prairie View and La Tech early in 2010. Compare that to JSU and ULM in 2018. Dawsons offense has generated 21 more points and 200 more yards of total offense in comparison.

Defense is doing well. Still concerned about the secondary. When we face a QB that can throw we are going to give up some points.

Lots of bright spots on this team so far including Quez and Jaylond. Tez was good as a receiver as well against ULM. Need to use Mosley and was disappointed he wasn't used against ULM. Same with Anderson on short yardage.

App St game will be closer than 16 point spread. Its hard to support this, I get it. Hop isn't the problem, its a young team with inexperience. How quick we forget that everyone wanted Fedora and Anderson gone after a home loss to UAB in his third year.

I agree with Ghost from another board post that this team is built for next season as hard as that is to accept.

Dilbert?

#4 2018-09-10 12:08:06 - Monday Perspective

USMstang wrote:

You are fuckin crazy!  I don't care who else did what while they were here, whenever it was.  We have some serious issues in year 3 that were glaring in year 1 and repeated in year 2.  Hop ain't got it.  We are going to be lucky to win 5 games this year, more than likely only winning two more games.  He must make changes immediately in order to change that.  Get ready to puke next week.  Appy is gonna whip the living shit out of us not unlike they did Charlotte. 

If he sticks to "preparing better and practicing harder", Rice is going to beat us too.  And he will lose the players especially with the 15K that might show up for Rice.  After the Auburn debacle, shit is going to be EJ bad around here.  North Texas will stomp our ass and UTSA will be a ? of a game.  Wins may be Charlotte and UTEP.  Maybe!

I guess my point.....most, "experts" didn't have us bowling this year which equates to under six wins. You can now see why after the ULM game. Nothing new, urgent or immediate will add experience to the rookie QB, OL or secondary. Play calling doesn't change the strip sack in the endzone and Dawson calling a pass play instead of a run on first down from our own 5 doesn't change the outcome. We are not sitting a more experience OL on the bench so what can be immediately changed to fix the most pressing issues?

What immediate changes can Hop make to beat Rice and change UTSA from a ?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-09-10 18:39:21 - Monday Perspective

USMstang (303)

1. Change the RBs
2. You can't tell me that someone, anyone is not better than at least one guy on the line.  Or did shuffling everyone around fuck up their Chee?
3. We have two old timer coaches on the Offensive staff alone that could probably teach Losey how to DO HIS FUCKIN JOB right!  I'm pretty sure the old Texas saying, "All hat, no cattle" fits Losey. 
4. Play calls

I watched part of Dawson's pressor and I feel a little better.  He knows it sucked and said it would change.  I do respect that he didn't sugar coat it.  Hop always sounds like Gilbert is hiding behind a door making him go talk to the media and that he threw a screaming fit about doing it but had to anyway. His pressor reflected such.

#6 2018-09-10 18:47:34 - Monday Perspective

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

I'm pretty sure the old Texas saying, "All hat, no cattle" fits Losey.

Wouldn't surprise me. Always thought he looked like a punk. I'm sure he'd snap me in half like a Glo-Stick if I told him that, but that doesn't make him a good coach.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2018-09-10 19:11:27 - Monday Perspective

USMstang wrote:

1. Change the RBs
2. You can't tell me that someone, anyone is not better than at least one guy on the line.  Or did shuffling everyone around fuck up their Chee?
3. We have two old timer coaches on the Offensive staff alone that could probably teach Losey how to DO HIS FUCKIN JOB right!  I'm pretty sure the old Texas saying, "All hat, no cattle" fits Losey. 
4. Play calls

I watched part of Dawson's pressor and I feel a little better.  He knows it sucked and said it would change.  I do respect that he didn't sugar coat it.  Hop always sounds like Gilbert is hiding behind a door making him go talk to the media and that he threw a screaming fit about doing it but had to anyway. His pressor reflected such.

But Losey learned under Jimbo and his O line looked solid against Clemson last weekend.....

Yep, Dawson’s presser helped clarify why he wasn’t using the other backs opting to keep Jack upright longer vs a rookie missing a blocking assignment......

#8 2018-09-10 19:15:36 - Monday Perspective

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
USMstang wrote:

1. Change the RBs
4. Play calls

But Losey learned under Jimbo and his O line looked solid against Clemson last weekend.....

Yep, Dawson’s presser helped clarify why he wasn’t using the other backs opting to keep Jack upright longer vs a rookie missing a blocking assignment......

"Rookie" meaning Clopton or an RB? On the plays I watched Clopton he was getting shoved back pretty quickly, but not exactly beaten. There were also plays where he didn't block anyone, and I wondered if he'd blown an assignment or even a blocking call.

#9 2018-09-10 19:27:36 - Monday Perspective

Dawson was referring to Mosley and Anderson regarding his concern over missing a blocking assignment because of their inexperience compared to Trod and Tez. That’s why they never saw the field against ULM.

Liked by:

#10 2018-09-10 20:05:57 - Monday Perspective

USMstang (303)

I don't care who Losey learned under...he may have been present for class but that MFer was sleeping!

#11 2018-09-10 20:29:45 - Monday Perspective

I’m with you on Lousy........he only got Gatorade and picked up dry cleaning at FSU......his real experience came from his SWAC days.....

Liked by:

#12 2018-09-10 21:03:17 - Monday Perspective

Noodles (29)

Fletcher played well as a freshman. Is he saying Mosley and Anderson are numbnuts? It could be. So hand them the ball, and they don't have to block anyone. Well, you say, the D will key on them. Yeah? What did we have to lose, other than one more 1 yard gain? That 1 yard might have won the game on 4th and 1 late.

#13 2018-09-10 21:24:42 - Monday Perspective

AndreWhere (1252)

Noodles wrote:

Fletcher played well as a freshman. Is he saying Mosley and Anderson are numbnuts? It could be. So hand them the ball, and they don't have to block anyone. Well, you say, the D will key on them. Yeah? What did we have to lose, other than one more 1 yard gain? That 1 yard might have won the game on 4th and 1 late.

It's not like the pass protection was any good with the "veterans" in there anyway.

The whole thing just comes off as coach-speak. That's fine, but I wouldn't recommend wasting your time mining it for, um, nuggets of wisdom.

#14 2018-09-11 21:04:15 - Monday Perspective

USMstang (303)

"Lousy"  lol  lol  lol

#15 2018-09-11 21:32:33 - Monday Perspective

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

"Lousy"  lol  lol  lol

The dude has a punchable face. He looks like someone who'd talk trash at you in Gulf Shores and ruin your vacation.

I've always enjoyed how USM fans smell blood in the water with some semi-random assistant coach and give him the business. You still see people talking about "ToBraFor" and "Humperdinks."

Sajason Finley was on my shit list last season but I think he may have stepped up his game slightly. Haven't seen hip-hands yet this year.

Board footer