CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-09-09 22:36:31

AndreWhere (96)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,257
Website

Re: Southern thread

I will say this: if attendance is low because we're charging more, then I'm OK with it, assuming we're making more money.

Offline

#22 2017-09-09 23:10:20

Reggie Favre (40)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-01
Posts: 174

Re: Southern thread

AndreWhere wrote:

I will say this: if attendance is low because we're charging more, then I'm OK with it, assuming we're making more money.

cant speak for today's game, but the Kentucky game was the 8th highest grossing game ever at the Rock.

Offline

#23 2017-09-09 23:20:18

Nugget's Ghostbuster (113)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 535

Re: Southern thread

Reggie Favre wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I will say this: if attendance is low because we're charging more, then I'm OK with it, assuming we're making more money.

cant speak for today's game, but the Kentucky game was the 8th highest grossing game ever at the Rock.

you-serious-clark.jpg


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Online

#24 2017-09-09 23:26:54

99beers (129)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 762

Re: Southern thread

Reggie Favre wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I will say this: if attendance is low because we're charging more, then I'm OK with it, assuming we're making more money.

cant speak for today's game, but the Kentucky game was the 8th highest grossing game ever at the Rock.

Bullshit............


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

#25 2017-09-09 23:28:43

beagle (67)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 738

Re: Southern thread

Didn't see that it was the 8th highest grossing game ever, but the Sun Herald reported that it was the 4th highest grossing game AB (After Bower). 

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college … 44432.html

“For us, the gross ticket revenue (for Saturday's game) was the fourth highest since 2008 and concessions had their highest revenue since Mississippi State in 2015,” Pugh said. “There were some positives there. We'll continue to grow it.”

Last edited by beagle (2017-09-09 23:30:36)


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Online

#26 2017-09-09 23:36:11

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

The concession thing doesn't make any sense.

Offline

#27 2017-09-09 23:39:32

beagle (67)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 738

Re: Southern thread

"We'll continue to grow it"

Grow what, exactly?


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Online

#28 2017-09-09 23:40:46

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

"We'll continue to grow it"

Grow what, exactly?

Attendance? You'd have to start growing it first.

Offline

#29 2017-09-09 23:44:15

beagle (67)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 738

Re: Southern thread

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Online

#30 2017-09-09 23:47:16

Mlytc (6)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 18

Re: Southern thread

Not sure what is going on with attendance but I am a season ticket holder and we took an extra kid with us today so we had to buy a ticket at the window.  Left the window and walked straight to the gate  and the extra ticket scanned "Duplicate scan".  There was a guy in the line next to us and 2 of his tickets did the exact same thing.  They said that they have been having a lot of trouble with that this season.  They let us go on into the stadium and said that they hoped it would be fixed before the next home game.

Offline

#31 2017-09-09 23:47:48

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

What were they expecting?

Offline

#32 2017-09-09 23:49:51

beagle (67)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 738

Re: Southern thread

admin wrote:
beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

What were they expecting?

To be competitive, I suppose.

We're still not even near close to where we want to be, but at least we aren't struggling with SWAC teams anymore. Y'all remember the 2014 Alcorn game? Nearly lost that game. Had they won, that would have been the end of the program.

Last edited by beagle (2017-09-09 23:50:10)


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Online

#33 2017-09-09 23:50:13

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

Mlytc wrote:

Not sure what is going on with attendance but I am a season ticket holder and we took an extra kid with us today so we had to buy a ticket at the window.  Left the window and walked straight to the gate  and the extra ticket scanned "Duplicate scan".  There was a guy in the line next to us and 2 of his tickets did the exact same thing.  They said that they have been having a lot of trouble with that this season.  They let us go on into the stadium and said that they hoped it would be fixed before the next home game.

Witnessed some of those difficulties myself. Dude at the "will call" window had ordered 6 tickets and they had him down for 56... or something.

These clowns have no idea how many people are in the stadium. It was more than 24,000.

Offline

#34 2017-09-09 23:53:01

beagle (67)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 738

Re: Southern thread

There will be an opening in the AAC (UConn goes indy or some shit) and the reason they'll give for not including us is attendance. All because we can't count validated IDs or scan a damn ticket. TTT.

Last edited by beagle (2017-09-09 23:53:18)


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Online

#35 2017-09-09 23:58:21

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

There will be an opening in the AAC (UConn goes indy or some shit) and the reason they'll give for not including us is attendance. All because we can't count validated IDs or scan a damn ticket. TTT.

Hall of Fame, USDA Certified Black Angus TTT there.

Offline

#36 2017-09-10 00:02:08

beagle (67)
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 738

Re: Southern thread

Speaking of which, our next opponent just had a classic TTT moment themselves.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports … 647419001/

Florida State is not obligated to pay ULM a buyout after cancelling Saturday’s game due to Hurricane Irma.

Per the game contract, each school would owe the other $1 million if it cancelled the game. Section 11 of the contract states, “In the event of fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake…making it impractical or impossible to play the game, both parties shall be relieved of any and all obligations of this agreement.”

The Warhawks were set to receive a $1.35 million payday from FSU.


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Online

#37 2017-09-10 00:10:00

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Speaking of which, our next opponent just had a classic TTT moment themselves.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports … 647419001/

Florida State is not obligated to pay ULM a buyout after cancelling Saturday’s game due to Hurricane Irma.

Per the game contract, each school would owe the other $1 million if it cancelled the game. Section 11 of the contract states, “In the event of fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake…making it impractical or impossible to play the game, both parties shall be relieved of any and all obligations of this agreement.”

The Warhawks were set to receive a $1.35 million payday from FSU.

That sort of thing is damn near ubiquitous in legal documents. Doesn't make it any easier for ULM to swallow.

Offline

#38 2017-09-10 00:30:17

southern miss slacker (96)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 649

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

If he do win cusa hopson is gone

well shooba dooba.

Offline

#39 2017-09-10 00:31:01

admin (120)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,049

Re: Southern thread

southern miss slacker wrote:
beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

If he do win cusa hopson is gone

well shooba dooba.

What ever will we do.

Offline

#40 2017-09-10 00:35:08

southern miss slacker (96)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 649

Re: Southern thread

admin wrote:
beagle wrote:

There will be an opening in the AAC (UConn goes indy or some shit) and the reason they'll give for not including us is attendance. All because we can't count validated IDs or scan a damn ticket. TTT.

Hall of Fame, USDA Certified Black Angus TTT there.

they never have given us a reason for not including us the last 5 times they raped CUSA for teams, because we've never been considered for inclusion.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB