CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-14 11:48:27 - Griggs is back.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Griggs is back.....

What do you do now?

Do you let Jack still lead the team or do you let Griggs who was the "starter" get his reps next week with the first team and give him the ball against Rice?

I think Griggs starting last week against ULM is worth the two points we needed to win that game. It comes down to who gives you the best chance right now to win and all things considered Griggs probably has the slightest edge just because of mobility and experience.

I don't want to see Jack have a setback but I guess thats why Dawson gets paid $50K a year to make these decisions.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-09-14 14:49:53 - Griggs is back.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Griggs is back.....

I suspect we'll see Abraham get the start, because Kwadra has missed practice for the last month and football coaches have a hard-on for football practice. That said, I'd like to see more of Kwadra. I am not one of the people pissed off at time over this latest suspension. I kind of thought it had the aroma of BS about it.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-09-14 14:50:11)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-09-14 16:10:09 - Griggs is back.....

Lloydlake (139)

Play him. Play somebody. Play anybody who gives us a chance for a W.

Liked by:

#4 2018-09-17 09:21:54 - Griggs is back.....

SigEagle88 (10)

Stick with Abraham, he is the future.  Play Griggs or one of the others if Abraham is lost to injury.

#5 2018-09-17 10:06:53 - Griggs is back.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

If the cheesy poofs still ain't blocking we may need a heretofore unknown Plan B from SD the genius.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#6 2018-09-17 12:26:31 - Griggs is back.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Lots of ways to examine this right now.....

We knew after the Auburn game we would have 2 losses. We beat Rice and we will still have 2 losses after the Auburn game. Doesn't matter really if App St or ULM beat you at that point, its still a L against the Sun Belt.

Griggs gives you the best effort(not to be confused with win potential) against Auburn. Jack will get killed against them. Griggs has played against a fast FSU squad and sizable defense in TN. Jack will start, but Griggs will play a significant amount against Auburn.

Griggs will get some snaps against Rice.....he needs to.

Win Saturday and restart your season on 10/13. You need to win 4 after the 10/6 bye week. UNCC, UTEP and UTSA "should" be winnable. Then you have to steal one against La Tech, Marshall or UAB.

This is who we are right now..........and it sucks.........

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-09-17 12:34:22)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2018-09-17 12:58:52 - Griggs is back.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

You need to win 4 after the 10/6 bye week.

Indeed .. The Bourbon Street Bowl officials are sitting on pins and needles.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#8 2018-09-17 16:24:51 - Griggs is back.....

B&GBU (259)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

If the cheesy poofs still ain't blocking we may need a heretofore unknown Plan B from SD the genius.

I like the Cheesy Poofs, and the Palmers Pigeons, and either would make an excellent descriptor in a Leonard's Losers style prognostication.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#9 2018-09-17 20:13:31 - Griggs is back.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

You need to win 4 after the 10/6 bye week.

Indeed .. The Bourbon Street Bowl officials are sitting on pins and needles.

I don't think it's unreasonable to aspire to more than 6 wins and a New Orleans Bowl.

I don't have much confidence in Hopson, and it's far from guaranteed, but Hopson has pulled shit out of thin air before (Kentucky win, Independence Bowel bid).

He and Dawson are just finding out what pieces they have to work with. Jaylond and Quez weren't big parts of the offense last year, and they are this year. We didn't know Griggs was coming back and now he is back. Abraham was a hypothetical a couple of weeks ago.

The team got to sit at home this week instead of going up to a pointless dogfight in Boone, NC. That's good.

Not trying to pump sunshine, just being realistic. Hopson can win 7 or 8 games and he's still Hopson. That's his super-power. I wish it were more super sad

#10 2018-09-17 20:21:13 - Griggs is back.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

AndreWhere wrote:

The team got to sit at home this week.(

That's what's important.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#11 2018-09-18 08:10:14 - Griggs is back.....

SigEagle88 (10)

"He and Dawson are just finding out what pieces they have to work with."

If it's the middle of September, after a full spring, summer, and pre-season, and our coaches are still figuring out who should be doing what, we've got much bigger problems.

#12 2018-09-18 09:08:40 - Griggs is back.....

AndreWhere (1252)

SigEagle88 wrote:

"He and Dawson are just finding out what pieces they have to work with."

If it's the middle of September, after a full spring, summer, and pre-season, and our coaches are still figuring out who should be doing what, we've got much bigger problems.

You don't get a complete picture from practice. The question of how Abraham might respond to real, game speed pressure is not something you can answer in practice. We know more about that now, but I still wouldn't say you can pass definitive judgment on Abraham.

#13 2018-09-18 09:43:24 - Griggs is back.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

B&GBU wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I like the Cheesy Poofs, and the Palmers Pigeons, and either would make an excellent descriptor in a Leonard's Losers style prognostication.

Well this Satidy the Rice Hooters, and I ain’t talking no female protrusions here boys, flip, flop and fly over to Hattisburg to dust it up with the Palmers Pigeons in a contest that should be as irrelevant as it is disgusting for the estimated 12,000 pecking at the popcorn. The Pigeons vaunted offensive line blocked like a bag of cheesy poofs in the loss at home to the Louisiana Chicken Hawks, who sunk their spurs into the Pigeons for a one point win. I don’t expect no instant turnabout in the extruded fried corn department neither, but with the reinstatement of last year’s starting signal caller the home birds may have just a tad more of a chance at eking one out than the migratory mammaries. I’m talking what floats To The Top here, not was rises, if you catch my drift.
Leonard’s Loser, Rice

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Board footer