CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-26 13:26:55 - Where is everybody ?

Lloydlake (139)

Where is everybody ?

Hello !!
Wake up.  Game week against  a ranked, SEC opponent (I know,..redundant)

#2 2018-09-26 16:54:37 - Where is everybody ?

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Where is everybody ?

I'm afraid the days when USM could compete with Auburn have come and gone. I won't mind if they surprise me, but at this point I'm making a point of not getting my hopes up (witness my prediction for last week's game). It will be nice to see the team on real TV with announcers who don't say "belly" 54 times per game.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-09-26 16:56:07 - Where is everybody ?

tg300 (439)

Lloydlake wrote:

Hello !!
Wake up.  Game week against  a ranked, SEC opponent (I know,..redundant)

In years past I would have been excited because we had a chance.

No one will be happier if we pull out a win than me but the mismatches with the offensive and defensive lines are hard to ignore.

I hope I am drastically wrong.

#4 2018-09-26 17:13:01 - Where is everybody ?

AndreWhere (1252)

Any remaining drama this season will center around just how big a shitshow the conference schedule is. Hopson got his ass kicked by CUSA in year one. If this year turns out anything like 2016, that's a problem. Hopson doesn't have anything like that win over Kentucky to keep people's hopes up this year.

As for the program as a whole, it's declined even more steeply than I'd feared since most of the established schools left. I called B.S. on the notion that one G5 conference is basically as good a home as any other G5 conference from day one. There's a lot of excitement around the AAC right now. Really sticks in my craw not only that USM was left out, but also that anyone had the nerve to try and spin it as a positive. That's just such a typical South Mississippi attitude.

#5 2018-09-26 17:48:38 - Where is everybody ?

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

It’s sad when the voice of UNT football says today that La Tech and FAU are the only remaining challenges on their schedule.....

This team is young and has talent.

Abraham - sophomore
Anderson - freshman
Mosley - freshman
Jaylond - sophomore
Jones - sophomore
Quez- sophomore
OL- freshman/sophomore

Defense

Boothe - sophomore
DQ— sophomore
Jacques-sophomore
Secondary-freshman and sophomores

Next year we will make some noise. Auburn is just part of their learning process......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#6 2018-09-26 18:06:35 - Where is everybody ?

SoMs Eagle (189)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

It’s sad when the voice of UNT football says today that La Tech and FAU are the only remaining challenges on their schedule.....

This team is young and has talent.

Abraham - sophomore
Anderson - freshman
Mosley - freshman
Jaylond - sophomore
Jones - sophomore
Quez- sophomore
OL- freshman/sophomore

Defense

Boothe - sophomore
DQ— sophomore
Jacques-sophomore
Secondary-freshman and sophomores

Next year we will make some noise. Auburn is just part of their learning process......

A small modicum of positivity. Think I’ll venture over here again some time....

#7 2018-09-26 19:30:43 - Where is everybody ?

Lloydlake (139)

I am a realist.  Stranger things have happened.
See ODU - VaTech.

#8 2018-09-26 20:26:27 - Where is everybody ?

If you have not watched Monday’s Nick Suss FB Live chat it’s worth the time. He does a great job with framing this game for both teams.
We all need to accept the age and experience of this team for what it is regardless of how many years Hop has been head ball coach here. People knock our top ranked stats YTD because of who we played so far. Well, we can only play who is on our schedule and for a short, under 6ft qb that never threw a pass in D1 prior to the JSU game I will take his national ranking and results to date. Same with Quez and our defense.
Lots to be positive about with Mosley and Anderson as well. Should we lose to Auburn, sure. If Mercer can hold them to a one score game with 5 minutes to go in the 4th just last season, you have a reason to watch it on Saturday. Win or lose, it’s going to be interesting to watch our development going forward for the remainder of this season.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#9 2018-09-26 20:31:41 - Where is everybody ?

AndreWhere (1252)

If you have not watched Monday’s Nick Suss FB Live chat it’s worth the time. He does a great job with framing this game for both teams.
We all need to accept the age and experience of this team for what it is regardless of how many years Hop has been head ball coach here. People knock our top ranked stats YTD because of who we played so far. Well, we can only play who is on our schedule and for a short, under 6ft qb that never threw a pass in D1 prior to the JSU game I will take his national ranking and results to date. Same with Quez and our defense.
Lots to be positive about with Mosley and Anderson as well. Should we lose to Auburn, sure. If Mercer can hold them to a one score game with 5 minutes to go in the 4th just last season, you have a reason to watch it on Saturday. Win or lose, it’s going to be interesting to watch our development going forward for the remainder of this season.

Nick's done a pretty good job. His shit should get posted here. I'll work on that.

I'll watch every minute of this one, maybe twice. I love seeing USM in the spotlight. That said, the thing about these games is that you have to play more than 2 every 3 years or whatever. You play them for the cash, but also so that you can eventually win them. Play the best until you can play with the best. It's not some secret formula. USM made it work for decades, before Giannini decided home games, "title" hopes, and trips to Hawaii were more important.

#10 2018-09-26 21:18:34 - Where is everybody ?

USMstang (303)

I just don't have much faith in our staff to get it done against Auburn.  Hell, I don't think we'll put up much of a fight against North Texas.  That's just a sad but true statement.  I would have never thought just a few years ago we would be in this position.  Here's hoping this staff will prove me wrong and impress us all against Auburn. 

If we beat Auburn, I'll donate another $500 to The Attack this week!  I'll post the proof as well.  Any takers to go along at any price???

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#11 2018-09-26 21:27:33 - Where is everybody ?

USMstang wrote:

I just don't have much faith in our staff to get it done against Auburn.  Hell, I don't think we'll put up much of a fight against North Texas.  That's just a sad but true statement.  I would have never thought just a few years ago we would be in this position.  Here's hoping this staff will prove me wrong and impress us all against Auburn. 

If we beat Auburn, I'll donate another $500 to The Attack this week!  I'll post the proof as well.  Any takers to go along at any price???

I will donate $500 to either one of the two GoFundMe accounts currently raising money for Judge Kavanaughs accuser. She has one for security and another for travel expenses. Maybe I’ll donate to the travel expense one.....she doesn’t fly and that drive between Northern California and DC is going to be expensive with gas around $2.85 a gallon....

#12 2018-09-26 21:35:45 - Where is everybody ?

USMstang (303)

That lying cunt isn't going to testify.  The Establishment traitors in both parties don't even hide any longer.  They should all be hung or shot at sunrise according to the constitution.  They want the "soft coup" so badly but have no idea that if they succeed, the union will cease to exist.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#13 2018-09-26 21:49:28 - Where is everybody ?

I don’t think she will end up testifying either.

But if she does, I hope they ask how beautiful the drive was.....

#14 2018-09-26 23:24:18 - Where is everybody ?

SoMs Eagle (189)

Dumb bitch took her lie detector test in Maryland in July. She must drive a lot.....

Liked by:

#15 2018-09-26 23:34:20 - Where is everybody ?

stinkfist (764)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

Dumb bitch took her lie detector test in Maryland in July. She must drive a lot.....

I had crawling on her knees with arse hiked in air.....but that's just me....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#16 2018-09-27 09:22:29 - Where is everybody ?

Fighting eagle (114)

She's testifying right now.

#17 2018-09-27 10:10:29 - Where is everybody ?

Mao Tse-gore (412)

flake

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#18 2018-09-27 10:50:37 - Where is everybody ?

AndreWhere (1252)

I'm listening to the testimony on the radio so I can't comment on things like body language. She was pretty convincing in her prepared opening statement. In answering questions, she's been less convincing.

Some of her answers were really damned strange, like when she went off on a bizarre and condescending tangent about how memory works. WTF was that about?

None of it, true or false, has much relevance to the actual confirmation process, in my opinion. Elections, selection processes, etc. don't necessarily have to be moral superiority contests.

Listening to Democrats sometimes, you'd think that at the top of every ballot there must be instructions reading "Pick the least sexist person:". That's why we spend any time at all on this kind of horse shit.

Liked by:

#19 2018-09-27 12:40:40 - Where is everybody ?

tg300 (439)

The level of horse shit comments by the dems on the panel is beyond sickening.

Almost as sickening as the liar at the center of this witch hunt.

#20 2018-09-27 13:03:05 - Where is everybody ?

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Soulless, pure evil.

May God confound the enemies of good and bless those who hold this future in their hands with the ability to discern and the courage to withstand. In Jesus' name, Amen.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Board footer