CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-30 16:36:03 - O vs D Ranking

TheChosenOne (295)

O vs D Ranking

Offense = 117
Defense = 36

Hey Corch, this shat ain’t rocket science. Know Hopsy is knee deep into defense scheme but time to do same with offense. Papa Dawson sucks

#2 2018-09-30 17:33:54 - O vs D Ranking

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: O vs D Ranking

Dawson seems to value execution over trickery. He doesn't care to conceal what he's trying to do or surprise people with his play calls. He just thinks the players should execute the play even if the defense knows what's coming. "Just force it in there."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-10-01 13:09:20 - O vs D Ranking

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

I understand some of the anger towards Dawson but I don't agree with it 100%. The best offense in football is to find a matchup for us to take advantage of the defense. Its less about plays and more about players in any offense. We don't have the luxury of a returning two or three year starting quarterback, veterans at receiver or an experienced and deep offensive line. Auburn's speed was ridiculous against the run. Thats less about the run play called by Dawson and more about the skill of the opponent. We weren't going to beat them deep due to time limits to setup the pass as well as throwing against their experience corners. They had more talent at every position.

This isnt the same as UNT going against Arkansas. UA only scored 3 points on that Auburn D. Its fair to say that we lost 4 points on that late whistle after a completed pass in the second half that ended with us scoring 3 instead of 7 on that drive. Maybe a more honest number for our performance is 17 instead of 13 on Saturday. If you look at that compared to who Auburn has played YTD, that puts us ahead of #10 Washington and within 5 of #5 LSU regarding points scored against the same Auburn defense. 

Last, look at our history and how we have done historically at Auburn. Its fair to say this is the most inexperienced team we have taken to Auburn. In the last 40 years, we have played them 14 times. Yet, only 3 times has a USM team scored more than 13 at Jordan Hare since 1978. Two of those games were against unranked Auburn teams.

Look at the age and the skill of these players right now. Jack is on pace to be one of our best qb's based on numbers. Quez, Tim, Mosley, Jaylond, Anderson......all young. We are only four games into building one of the most powerful offensive units we have seen since 2011, a team that took four years to build. All of this talent is here because of Dawson. The playbook gets bigger when the young talent becomes more experienced and gets more practice reps running an expanded playbook. We forget how little practice these kids have experienced as a unit.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-10-01 13:16:08 - O vs D Ranking

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

We weren't going to beat them.

No need to elaborate Chief.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#5 2018-10-01 19:47:16 - O vs D Ranking

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Beat UNT!

"Just sounds nasty."

Ace...

Liked by:

#6 2018-10-02 20:19:35 - O vs D Ranking

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I understand some of the anger towards Dawson but I don't agree with it 100%.

He had at least as good a day as Chip Lindsey. Chip is his predecessor, the current Aww-Burn! OC, a recent USM OC, and Nick Mullens' mentor. Criticism of Dawson is justified, but must also be viewed through that filter.

I still have some philosophical questions about Dawson.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2018-10-02 20:42:33 - O vs D Ranking

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

If you gave the Washington and LSU O coordinators our rookie players do they score 25 points and win at Auburn? Seeing that their combined average against Auburn was 5 more points than our 13 using 5 star talent the answer is no.

Dawson’s play calling didn’t cost us the game by any stretch.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#8 2018-10-02 20:49:38 - O vs D Ranking

TheChosenOne (295)

You say tomatoe and I say mater.  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Picking up what you’re laying down. We’ll know more as the season progresses

Board footer