CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#101 2018-10-13 20:03:24 - UNT USM Game Thread

USMstang (303)

Re: UNT USM Game Thread

TheChosenOne wrote:

Not that anyone gives two shits but I’m pissed.  No reason we should be losing to ULM nor North Texas. If these fuckers wish to continue receiving $5k from this pocket some explaining is past due. I wrote  off ULM to
The annual TTT game but this shit show ain’t working

Dude, I'm with you! I'm $5500 in not counting tickets.  I'm getting about $74 worth.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#102 2018-10-13 20:31:05 - UNT USM Game Thread

admin (289)
Administrator

I haven't contributed thousands of dollars annually to the Eagle Club or Athletic Foundation for several years, but this site is neither free nor easy to keep going. So I've got skin in the game. What bugs me is just how lackadaisical the whole approach to athletics seems to be.

Mediocrity has been normalized. We can point fingers at Bennett and Gilbert, but it started long before they arrived. I've pointed to tearing down the goalposts after the Houston game in '96 before, and I'll point to that again.

That was a painful wake-up call about the difference between fan aspirations and university aspirations, and it's been repeated countless times since. The closest we've come to a very necessary attitude adjustment is the Fedora hire. (But Red Bull...)

Hey, but our TITLE HOPES are still alive, right?

#103 2018-10-13 22:14:51 - UNT USM Game Thread

USMstang (303)

Basically, what you've just described is a "loser" mentality that has permeated our existence.  And if you think about it, we've bullshit ourselves into believing we are something special from the Reggie days, the Brett days, beating OP and Moo regularly back when they both sucked shit, and some Bower wins over $ec teams with losing records. 

Mark May's quote was correct but the timing of it was wrong.  Just who the fuck do we think we are?  It doesn't matter, there's no one at the games any more and there's not even any spirit on campus for gamedays much less during the week. 

Actively searching for new hobby....

#104 2018-10-14 09:02:13 - UNT USM Game Thread

TheDudeAbides (59)

USMstang wrote:

Basically, what you've just described is a "loser" mentality that has permeated our existence.  And if you think about it, we've bullshit ourselves into believing we are something special from the Reggie days, the Brett days, beating OP and Moo regularly back when they both sucked shit, and some Bower wins over $ec teams with losing records. 

Mark May's quote was correct but the timing of it was wrong.  Just who the fuck do we think we are?  It doesn't matter, there's no one at the games any more and there's not even any spirit on campus for gamedays much less during the week. 

Actively searching for new hobby....

Throw some money at basketball. Can’t hurt and at least you can have an entertaining conversation with the head coach.

#105 2018-10-14 17:45:09 - UNT USM Game Thread

B&GBU (259)

I think our trouble is more the OL than anything else. That must be the hardest to recruit. Hope the two that went down just need their tires rotated and an oil change. Plenty of 180-lb. jackrabbits around, but legit linemen probably not. I remember a homecoming queen a few years ago...

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

Liked by:

#106 2018-10-14 17:53:46 - UNT USM Game Thread

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

I think our trouble is more the OL than anything else. That must be the hardest to recruit. Hope the two that went down just need their tires rotated and an oil change. Plenty of 180-lb. jackrabbits around, but legit linemen probably not. I remember a homecoming queen a few years ago...

Given the way Abraham was getting dropped against UNT, and the reliance of the running game on gimmicks to get anything done, I think you may be right.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#107 2018-10-14 21:02:34 - UNT USM Game Thread

USMstang (303)

So we only know how to recruit fast kids. And if you think about it, they were all HS qbs with no true RB or WR skills.

Board footer