CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-19 12:59:58 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

Guessing those in the great state of MS are seeing some traffic backing up at the filling stations on the state line to Weeziana today.....

Saw on the news they had to manually add the letter "B" to the Mega Million billboards in Atlanta since it officially rolled over to a billion dollar prize this morning. That said, what would you do, if anything, for USM if you came into that kind of cash? If you take the cash payout, you should have around $430 million after taxes......

First, I would take $50 million and open schools where you can get an undergrad and masters in online social media, web app development and esports. That way we actually can attract some of the next generation of students that don't care about accounting or political science....Maybe I will add a legit engineering program as well...

Second, I would create an online streaming media group for all USM sports, including arts and commencements. Run by undergrads for course credit, you will be able to watch any and all USM events for a flat fee of $99 a year($50 for founding collegesportsunfiltered members).  You want to watch soccer, or volleyball, or football, you can online. Your wifes nephew is graduating in the spring and you don't want to travel, no problem. Its available online as part of your package. You're welcome......

Third, we are getting a new hotel and condo building that reflect a more modern architecture on campus. For $50 million, we will get a 200 hotel room, 300 condo unit building with a rooftop restaurant and upscale lounge so when I come to campus to oversee my ground breakings and projects I have a nice 2500 sq ft suite to relax in........My suite will remain unused when I am not in town so don't think you can access it just because I don't want to go see us play Liberty in three years.....

Lets see, I have about $250 million more I am willing to donate......I guess I will take $200 and build us a new Eagles Nest Indoor Stadium for Football and Basketball......It will seat about 30K.....will include a few outside fields for fall and spring practices.....

The last $50 million.......$15 goes towards rebranding our name. We will officially be known as Mississippi Southern going forward.........its non negotiable.....you don't get any of this without the rebrand. Also, all of my buildings will include my Ghostbuster name on them.....

Finally, the last $35 million will pay for our independence.......$30 million will cover home game opponent fees and road game travel costs for the next 7 years and I will pay $2 million to Penn St for our first opener of our new stadium.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-10-19 13:47:52 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

skyvoyager (177)

Re: How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

The last $50 million.......$15 goes towards rebranding our name. We will officially be known as Mississippi Southern going forward.........its non negotiable.....you don't get any of this without the rebrand.

So would the clarion ledger then call us MSU?

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#3 2018-10-19 13:58:11 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

Black Diamond Reb (418)

How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions?

1273bulldozer.jpg

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#4 2018-10-19 14:00:14 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions?

1273bulldozer.jpg

Hall%20Of%20Fame.gif

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-10-19 16:21:00 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

tg300 (439)

Guessing those in the great state of MS are seeing some traffic backing up at the filling stations on the state line to Weeziana today.....

Saw on the news they had to manually add the letter "B" to the Mega Million billboards in Atlanta since it officially rolled over to a billion dollar prize this morning. That said, what would you do, if anything, for USM if you came into that kind of cash? If you take the cash payout, you should have around $430 million after taxes......

First, I would take $50 million and open schools where you can get an undergrad and masters in online social media, web app development and esports. That way we actually can attract some of the next generation of students that don't care about accounting or political science....Maybe I will add a legit engineering program as well...

Second, I would create an online streaming media group for all USM sports, including arts and commencements. Run by undergrads for course credit, you will be able to watch any and all USM events for a flat fee of $99 a year($50 for founding collegesportsunfiltered members).  You want to watch soccer, or volleyball, or football, you can online. Your wifes nephew is graduating in the spring and you don't want to travel, no problem. Its available online as part of your package. You're welcome......

Third, we are getting a new hotel and condo building that reflect a more modern architecture on campus. For $50 million, we will get a 200 hotel room, 300 condo unit building with a rooftop restaurant and upscale lounge so when I come to campus to oversee my ground breakings and projects I have a nice 2500 sq ft suite to relax in........My suite will remain unused when I am not in town so don't think you can access it just because I don't want to go see us play Liberty in three years.....

Lets see, I have about $250 million more I am willing to donate......I guess I will take $200 and build us a new Eagles Nest Indoor Stadium for Football and Basketball......It will seat about 30K.....will include a few outside fields for fall and spring practices.....

The last $50 million.......$15 goes towards rebranding our name. We will officially be known as Mississippi Southern going forward.........its non negotiable.....you don't get any of this without the rebrand. Also, all of my buildings will include my Ghostbuster name on them.....

Finally, the last $35 million will pay for our independence.......$30 million will cover home game opponent fees and road game travel costs for the next 7 years and I will pay $2 million to Penn St for our first opener of our new stadium.

I would drag Dilbert and flamingo out by their testes into 49 to hitch a ride somewhere else.

#6 2018-10-19 17:23:25 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

AndreWhere (1252)

Yeah, tg300 is onto something there. I'd spend more on coaches as well, including assistants. Whether it goes to Hopson, etc. because he somehow exceeds expectations or to the next staff doesn't matter. Over time, you get what you pay for.

Really chaps my hide that they found $1,000,000 per year for Fedora but somehow 10 years later everything has to be done on the cheap.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2018-10-19 17:42:29 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

They continue to blame the stadium addition for our massive debt and lack of funds. When is that last mortgage payment due?

#8 2018-10-19 18:59:28 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

E2C4ADC6-ABFD-444E-B4F4-19BCDAC4336C.jpeg

Liked by:

#9 2018-10-19 19:09:14 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

AndreWhere (1252)

I would have gone with Rascal Flats. Haven't heard much Florida-Georgia line, though.

#10 2018-10-19 19:23:10 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

USMstang (303)

They continue to blame the stadium addition for our massive debt and lack of funds. When is that last mortgage payment due?

RGs legacy.  So much so that they named it for him which makes me want to puke.  There's a bunch of damn empty seats up there too and in the East Club.  The only reason it's 3/4 full in the club areas is because of all the corporate buys and the liquor.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#11 2018-10-19 20:09:09 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

RGs legacy.  So much so that they named it for him which makes me want to puke.  There's a bunch of damn empty seats up there too and in the East Club.  The only reason it's 3/4 full in the club areas is because of all the corporate buys and the liquor.

The right way to do the addition would have been to throw up some cheap steel bleachers and fill them with visiting P5 fans. Get to 40,000 or 50,000 capacity and make some waves. Sell the P5 fans on a weekend in New Orleans or Biloxi and a chance to show the local alumni something. Lose the faux "rivalries" and "championships." Get the best coaching staff you can and win a few of those P5 games. Play lots of games at SEC schools to balance the budget.

Giannini didn't take this approach. He was never selling an entertainment product, which is what good football is. He was all about checking the "yeah, they've got football" box and the "the budget is balanced" box while still getting home by 4:50 PM every day. Unlike Shelby Thames, he's probably not an actual criminal, but I wouldn't mind seeing him moving to Parchman.

#12 2018-10-19 20:55:57 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

AndreWhere wrote:

The right way to do the addition would have been to throw up some cheap steel bleachers and fill them with visiting P5 fans.

Think about how terrible we are at in-house preventive maintenance with our facilities. If we had one of those UCF erector sets to maintain we would have OSHA shutting it down within 5 years of construction due to our maintenance guys pointing fingers at each other saying, “I thought you were going to do that”........

#13 2018-10-20 07:29:31 - How Will You Improve USM(SMU) After You Win The Mega Millions........

AndreWhere (1252)

AndreWhere wrote:

The right way to do the addition would have been to throw up some cheap steel bleachers and fill them with visiting P5 fans.

Think about how terrible we are at in-house preventive maintenance with our facilities. If we had one of those UCF erector sets to maintain we would have OSHA shutting it down within 5 years of construction due to our maintenance guys pointing fingers at each other saying, “I thought you were going to do that”........

That's a real risk. It happened to Tulane. I guess my answer is "don't be shitty." It's a good motto to follow.

Board footer