CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 12:34:17 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

tg300 (439)

CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

about why people are fleeing non P5 conference attendance.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st … exas-alive

Last edited by tg300 (2018-10-24 12:34:30)

#2 2018-10-24 13:06:57 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

Agreed, but UCF is doing fine attendance-wise. They're averaging well above 40,000 per game lately.

Their out-of-conference schedule isn't set up to position them for a championship game this particular season, with teams like UNC, Pitt, and SC State, but saying "UCF will never get to the national championship tourney, ever" isn't a very good bet. At this point, I suspect that will happen one day, unless it turns out they're cheating their asses off.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-10-24 15:14:25 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

The G5 will never, ever see a bid under the current playoff format. Television dollars, corporate sponsor dollars and ticket sales will never allow it. You will have to expand to eight in order to sniff that dream. UCF does not deserve a bid. They didn't last season and they don't this season. They beat a defeated Auburn team that wanted nothing to do with another game in Atlanta after the SEC championship. They are like the democrats pissing and moaning about how unfair it is that the conservatives are in control......all while living in one of the best employment cycles in the history of mankind.......boo friggin hoo.......did they cash the check from the Chic Fil A Bowl? Then shut up and get ready for Tulsa, or Tulane......
Do you think an undefeated USM team would deserve a spot? Hell no. Don't tell me that beating Auburn, App St and the band of misfits deserves a seat at that table. Even if we were in the AAC  and we beat a different bunch of misfits it wouldn't matter.

The only dream a G5 school should have is the same one TCU, N Illinois, Boise and UCF have lived......get into a top bowl on New Years Day......nothing wrong with that.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#4 2018-10-24 18:24:52 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

AndreWhere (1252)

I really don't get too hung up on national championship talk. College football has never had a real national champ and it probably never will. There are too many contenders and the game's too grueling. The relevant teams will never play enough games to sort out the whole question of who's really the best.

My attitude is this: run a real, respectable program. Play teams people have heard of. Fill your stadium most weekends. Give alumni a reason to come back home, and a reason to hold their heads high. Give them a reason to talk about their actual alma mater instead of some school down the road they didn't go to.

UCF is doing that. USM is not.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#5 2018-10-25 07:14:30 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

SigEagle88 (10)

Riddle me this, and BELIEVE ME, this is just for fun.....

- UCF's announced enrollment in 2018 was 66,183. Southern Miss?  14,478.  That's a 51,705 difference.
- UCF is located in greater Orlando, with a THREE COUNTY population of 2.44 million. 
- The population of the ENTIRE state of Mississippi is 2.98 million.

UCF may put 40K butts in seats for a football game, but that is 26K less than their enrollment in a three county population area just about the size of the state of Mississippi. I'm not suggesting that each-and-every student must attend a football game, but considering their "advantages" listed here, shouldn't their attendance number be somewhere in the 80K-90K range?

#6 2018-10-25 07:52:52 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

EagleFWB (176)

Having lived in Florida for the last 20 years I can assure you that very few people (state population %) give a rats ass about UCF.

There are three schools in the state, period.... All the others are pretty meaningless.

That said, don't get me wrong UCF, FAU, USF, etc. all have significant advantages over USM in every possible way.

#7 2018-10-25 09:16:19 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

UCF also had a couple of sub 30K home games late in the season last year when they were top 20 including a conference matchup. Considering all the facts Sig stated above that should never happen......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#8 2018-10-25 09:35:53 - CFB Eliminator - this says all you need to know

skyvoyager (177)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

UCF also had a couple of sub 30K home games late in the season last year when they were top 20 including a conference matchup. Considering all the facts Sig stated above that should never happen......

I remember a youtube video years ago of two ucf fans traveling to every road game, tailgating, meeting other fans, etc.

The guys were very complimentary of the tailgating experience, the fans hospitality, good food.

Then the game started.... they commented on how quiet the fans were on the west side.  the loudest the stadium got was for a black....gold cheer  LOL

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Board footer