CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-07 15:58:04 - Spam, and how to register

admin (289)
Administrator

Spam, and how to register

There have been a few spam posts lately. So, for now, I've locked down registration, and I'll be deleting some accounts. If you want to join, email me at stanleyjohnproctor@gmail.com and I'll get you set up.

I need to dispel one claim I saw posted here: that someone had received actual spam email because they registered here. That's not possible. Your actual email addresses aren't posted here. When you use the "email a user" feature, your message goes through the stanleyjohnproctor@gmail.com account, which I control. I can see every email that account has ever sent, and they were all legitimate forum traffic.

#2 2017-09-07 16:08:45 - Spam, and how to register

tg300 (439)

Re: Spam, and how to register

admin wrote:

There have been a few spam posts lately. So, for now, I've locked down registration, and I'll be deleting some accounts. If you want to join, email me at stanleyjohnproctor@gmail.com and I'll get you set up.

I need to dispel one claim I saw posted here: that someone had received actual spam email because they registered here. That's not possible. Your actual email addresses aren't posted here. When you use the "email a user" feature, your message goes through the stanleyjohnproctor@gmail.com account, which I control. I can see every email that account has ever sent, and there were all legitimate forum traffic.

Cool beans

#3 2017-09-07 16:19:22 - Spam, and how to register

admin (289)
Administrator

Further action: all users with zero posts, and most with just one post, have been deleted. I wrote a script to do this, so it will be happening at least daily.

#4 2017-09-07 16:23:20 - Spam, and how to register

admin (289)
Administrator

Further action: all topics containing the word "buy" have been deleted. I looked these over and none were legitimate. Again, I did this using a script which I've saved for future use.

#5 2017-09-07 16:43:25 - Spam, and how to register

admin (289)
Administrator

Another update: I'm re-enabling registration, but with an email verification requirement. I will be closely monitoring the board for the next few days, and, at the slightest hint of another spam problem, I will

1) Run my aggressive cleanup scripts
2) Lock down registration again
3) Lock out international traffic again

I am done with the spammers. Not tolerating any more of it.

#6 2017-09-07 17:39:35 - Spam, and how to register

beagle (173)

admin wrote:

I need to dispel one claim I saw posted here: that someone had received actual spam email because they registered here. That's not possible. Your actual email addresses aren't posted here. When you use the "email a user" feature, your message goes through the stanleyjohnproctor@gmail.com account, which I control. I can see every email that account has ever sent, and they were all legitimate forum traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxozK6Bpvk

"AndreWhere is calling for a total and complete shutdown of new posters on CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com, until the message board representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#7 2017-09-07 19:19:45 - Spam, and how to register

stinkfist (764)

beagle wrote:
admin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxozK6Bpvk

"AndreWhere is calling for a total and complete shutdown of new posters on CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com, until the message board representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

#ironywithunderoos

oh my....those big boy britches many want to wear........

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#8 2017-09-12 16:13:41 - Spam, and how to register

admin (289)
Administrator

Two more steps to prevent spam:

1) You can't sign up with .ru email addresses anymore. If you're a legitimate Southern Miss fan with an email address from an .ru site, message me and I'll let you in manually.

2) You can't put a website URL into your profile anymore. That said, I don't object to legitimate users of this site who primarily visit it to chat about USM having a website URL in their profiles. So, if you fall into that category, and you want to use your profile to promote your site, message me and I'll take manual action.

#9 2017-09-12 16:17:38 - Spam, and how to register

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:

Another update: I'm re-enabling registration, but with an email verification requirement. I will be closely monitoring the board for the next few days, and, at the slightest hint of another spam problem, I will

1) Run my aggressive cleanup scripts
2) Lock down registration again
3) Lock out international traffic again

Now if you can just get the spammers to pay for the wall....err, I mean pay for the aggressive cleanup scripts.

Last edited by Eaglebird Humperdink (2017-09-12 16:17:55)

#10 2017-09-12 17:48:54 - Spam, and how to register

99beers (303)

Atta boy.   Check your pm in a few

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#11 2017-09-12 17:49:57 - Spam, and how to register

99beers (303)

Oh, we dont have pm, nevermind

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#12 2017-09-12 18:29:25 - Spam, and how to register

admin (289)
Administrator

99beers wrote:

Oh, we dont have pm, nevermind

No, you should still have PM through this site again. PM me if you have any problems sending messages.

Board footer