CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-30 07:50:26 - "Coasting a bit"

AndreWhere (1252)

"Coasting a bit"

FB_IMG_1540907494281.jpg

I said it two years ago: they take weeks off. They do the minimum to stay employed. To be sure, the attitude doesn't start with Hopson. He does it because it's tolerated by those above him.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-10-30 08:15:33 - "Coasting a bit"

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Re: "Coasting a bit"

If you fumble or throw an interception you should have to carry a football everywhere you go all week.

As for Juco Jack, he'd need a shopping cart.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#3 2018-10-30 11:27:47 - "Coasting a bit"

AndreWhere (1252)

This article is, I believe, from a paid part of ESPN.com and was published *before* the Charlotte game. Normally I don't republish paid content, even if I'm just lifting it from others who've already done so. In this case, though, the cat is already out of the bag and this only highlights why gamblers might pay for information.

#4 2018-10-30 13:24:23 - "Coasting a bit"

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

This will be a big game for the administration. You win or play within a score then they can continue to play the, "all is well" card. I expect attendance to be on par with the previous games since we gave away 2K tickets for military personnel.

But.......if you lose this one by 14+ at home, the return of the BowArky St Crowd will begin to descend upon MM Roberts.

186tjqwcl0h6vjpg.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#5 2018-10-30 18:40:41 - "Coasting a bit"

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

This will be a big game for the administration. You win or play within a score then they can continue to play the, "all is well" card. I expect attendance to be on par with the previous games since we gave away 2K tickets for military personnel.

But.......if you lose this one by 14+ at home, the return of the BowArky St Crowd will begin to descend upon MM Roberts.

186tjqwcl0h6vjpg.jpg

Yeah, it won't surprise me if Hop pulls this one out. 5-6 lets the powers-that-(want-to)-be spin the season:

"Gosh, guys, at 5-6 we were so close to another bow[e]l bid. Really, if it weren't for that mean old hurricane, we could have beaten our new rival Appalachian State and done it. Gosh darn those mean old hurricanes!"

4-7 (or 4-8 with at loss @SC) is a lot harder to explain away. You give a guy an extension, who's supposedly been recruiting well, and he wins 4 games in year 3. Even ESPN smells what Hop is stepping in, and their nose isn't even close to Hattiesburg.

And screw that shit about Monken loading up on Juco prospects and Hop having to reload. A Juco prospect is starting at QB this year, and has thrown away two games. Hop's not reloading, he's shooting himself in the foot.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-10-30 18:42:13)

Liked by:

#6 2018-10-30 20:03:51 - "Coasting a bit"

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

186tjqwcl0h6vjpg.jpg

Yeah, it won't surprise me if Hop pulls this one out. 5-6 lets the powers-that-(want-to)-be spin the season:

"Gosh, guys, at 5-6 we were so close to another bow[e]l bid. Really, if it weren't for that mean old hurricane, we could have beaten our new rival Appalachian State and done it. Gosh darn those mean old hurricanes!"

4-7 (or 4-8 with at loss @SC) is a lot harder to explain away. You give a guy an extension, who's supposedly been recruiting well, and he wins 4 games in year 3. Even ESPN smells what Hop is stepping in, and their nose isn't even close to Hattiesburg.

And screw that shit about Monken loading up on Juco prospects and Hop having to reload. A Juco prospect is starting at QB this year, and has thrown away two games. Hop's not reloading, he's shooting himself in the foot.

Hop is good at buying the groceries, but he can't cook a decent meal. I am really slow but I am seeing it for what it really is at this point. I like Hop, just not as coach of this program. We have lost to too many teams over his 3 years that are not excusable regardless of age, jucos, etc..... The extension given by Dilbert before the season is becoming more evident that he knew what we were about to face this season and he got it out of the way instead of having to deal with the tough decision of trying to push through an extension on a coach with one year left coming off a losing season.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#7 2018-10-30 21:45:36 - "Coasting a bit"

USMstang (303)

Shit, Dilbert just did it because they like what they see.  That fucker doesn't have a clue.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#8 2018-10-31 08:05:40 - "Coasting a bit"

Mao Tse-gore (412)

A revisit of his propaganda, along with that of CUSA and Mr. Potato Head, will bring things back into perspective - moving away from building the serious athletic programs we expect.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Board footer