CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-18 19:27:03 - Bowel Projections.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Bowel Projections.....

SB Nation has us playing Duke in the Independence Bowl
CBS has us playing Memphis in Birmingham
ESPN has us vs Arky St in the AutoNation Cure Bowl
Orlando Sentinel has us in New Mexico against Fresno St
SI has us v Troy in New Orleans
College Football News has us playing BC in Indy Bowl
College Sports Madness has us V SMU in Dallas

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-11-18 20:06:42 - Bowel Projections.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Bowel Projections.....

Sun Herald article about the LA Tech game said something about how even with 6 wins USM might not get a bid. I doubt that. There will almost certainly be a handful of less appealing teams that get to 6 wins.

Birmingham Bowel would be an easy trip for me personally, and I don't think I'm alone in that. Memphis would be a tough draw, though. That is a talented, physically tough team.

Another Independence Bowl would be nice, but you kind of have to wonder how many times we can back our way in and get destroyed before it becomes counterproductive, both for their interest in USM and the fans willingness to travel. I am afraid both BC and Duke would likely dismantle USM.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-11-18 20:06:54)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-11-18 20:21:19 - Bowel Projections.....

Southern Miss will never get snubbed for other CUSA teams regionally due to fan base for hotel nights, ticket sales, etc... We had more Southern Miss fans at Indy compared to any other CUSA Bowl last year and that includes the conference champion wha was playing at home! Bowls know this, Judy knows this, the other teams know this and people doing Bowl projections know this which is why we are projected in Birmingham and twice in Indy where we played last year.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-11-18 20:25:20 - Bowel Projections.....

I still think we are going to New Mexico......or Dallas. New Orleans will get UAB. Birmingham might get FIU. UNT is going to Bahamas or Hawaii.

#5 2018-11-19 21:55:49 - Bowel Projections.....

I think the most TTT moment would be us losing to them twice in the same season......

475F3B40-8A4B-457E-959A-026A52F21E4C.jpeg

#6 2018-11-20 08:03:56 - Bowel Projections.....

AndreWhere (1252)

No way this team loses twice to ULM. Bring 'em.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer