CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-02 11:51:29 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

tg300 (439)

Dilbert 'officially' gone...

#2 2018-12-02 11:57:17 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Dilbert 'officially' gone...

We needed the change. Choose wisely and start seeing tangible, measurable progress. No more “evaluations” in year one with the next hire.

ECU spent 9 months on their search and picked the friend of the guy in charge showing you that being in the AAC and having double the budget gets you the same thing Southern Miss has and wanted to dispose of. Grass isn’t always greener........

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2018-12-02 12:03:15 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

B&GBU (259)

What a puke. Good riddance!

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#4 2018-12-02 12:05:38 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

AndreWhere (1252)

Good. Talk about leading a charmed life.

Spent his time at USM running up his own expense account.

He's never had to actually hire a football or basketball coach in his entire career, and it sounds like this job is already done for him at ECU.

His main accomplishments are two oversized TVs, some paint, and getting Favre to build a gym for his kid. I'd like to see him fall flat on his face, but you know he won't. ECU has actually invested in their programs, instead of viewing them as a cost center to bitch about.

This dude is to sports what Al Sharpton is to theology.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-12-02 12:06:05)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2018-12-02 12:15:53 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Black Diamond Reb (418)

First day here?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#6 2018-12-02 16:39:50 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

B&GBU (259)

Magee's playing the violins over him on twitter.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#7 2018-12-02 17:51:26 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

AndreWhere (1252)

jg.png

He got a lot done? Well, that's subjective. He also screwed a lot of stuff up. The football team took a 10,000-man attendance haircut during his term, and I still don't completely understand why.

He did things other ADs hadn't bothered to do? Said that myself. Says as much about them as about him.

Instability is never good? USM has had all the "stability" it can handle.

#8 2018-12-02 17:58:58 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

AndreWhere (1252)

jg2.png

Didn't the team win 8 last year? I still complained about him. I mean, you can win 8 games, get banished from TV, price gouge people for Kentucky tickets, and still stumble to 8 wins.

#9 2018-12-02 18:06:35 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Again, Patty McGee is a $2 per hour minimum wage employee in a job nobody wants. He is a rainbow hugging democrat that brings zero value or insight to the Golden Eagle Nation. He gets his info from what’s already been shared by other sources and just repeats it as his own. He doesn’t know about the inner workings of the USM athletic department. Nick Suss ran circles around him and Cleveland and embarrassed both of them since it cast a spotlight on their laziness and inefficient approach to what a beat writer represents.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#10 2018-12-02 18:29:42 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Again, Patty McGee is a $2 per hour minimum wage employee in a job nobody wants. He is a rainbow hugging democrat that brings zero value or insight to the Golden Eagle Nation. He gets his info from what’s already been shared by other sources and just repeats it as his own. He doesn’t know about the inner workings of the USM athletic department. Nick Suss ran circles around him and Cleveland and embarrassed both of them since it cast a spotlight on their laziness and inefficient approach to what a beat writer represents.....

He's just put out an article titled "Southern Miss fans were dealt two blows on a difficult Sunday." OK, that title- fine. Whatever. Losing your AD to a former peer is rough even if the dude wasn't great.

But then he talks about a bunch of other times USM got to 6 wins but sat at home. Dude, if you think going 6-5 and sitting at home back in the 1980s or 1990s (when bowls actually meant something) is in any way similar to what happened this year, you need to adjust your dosages. He's putting things out there that are technically true but utterly misleading without any context, and that's just bad.

#11 2018-12-02 18:52:40 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Ace Barker (260)
Website

McGee is Lanny with real press credentials. What a shame.

Ace...

#12 2018-12-02 21:07:24 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

This is all you need to know about Patty......Bless his sad heart he thinks he is providing something of value......

20B4DBDE-6F05-4C6A-9CF3-AF670CFCECB5.jpeg

#13 2018-12-02 21:27:31 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

AndreWhere (1252)

Nothing that happened to Tulane explains why 6 bowels would select other SUNWACUSA teams over USM... Pat.

#14 2018-12-03 10:59:56 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Has Lamont or anyone at Southern Miss formally announced our separation from Dilbert? Could have easily missed it but I find it comical that I just read an article about ECU AD Jon Dilbert welcoming their new Head Football Coach Mike Houston. I didn't get an email from Lamont and haven't seen anything from USM Social Media.

Please tell me I missed the announcement from our leadership......please........

#15 2018-12-03 11:01:12 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Nevermind......it came in about two hours ago....

Dear alumni and friends,

The following message from University President Rodney D. Bennett was distributed to faculty and staff earlier today.

I am writing to inform you that Director of Athletics Jon Gilbert submitted his resignation to me on Sunday, indicating that he intends to pursue other career opportunities. His resignation is effective immediately. In the coming days, I expect to name an interim Director of Athletics and will move as quickly as possible to identify a permanent replacement.

I appreciate Jon’s work at The University of Southern Mississippi. Under his leadership, among other accomplishments, our Golden Eagle football team extended its streak of winning seasons to four; our baseball team won back-to-back conference titles and hosted an NCAA Regional; our women’s track and field team won a conference championship, and our women’s soccer program had its best season in school history. Jon was also instrumental in initiating new facility construction, as well as repairs and renovations to current facilities.

As we turn the page, Southern Miss is poised to build on these recent successes, as well as our long legacy of achievement on the playing field and in the classroom. My expectation is that our next Director of Athletics will be a capable leader who will focus on the development of our student-athletes, energize our fan base, and engage our community and supporters.

Thank you for your continued partnership and interest in the success of not only our student-athletes, but also our University as a whole.

Sincerely,

Rodney D. Bennett
President

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-12-03 11:02:45)

#16 2018-12-03 11:57:06 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Dilbert officially hired Mike Houston from JMU this morning. They are paying him $1.3 million dollars, approximately $400K -$500K more than Charlotte originally offered him last week. Houston was a good coach at JMU, winning the FCS Championship two years ago and making the playoffs this year but losing in round one. In fact, JMU lost some bad games this season to teams with losing records.....
Houston made $375K at JMU. He took over a program in 2016 that Everett Withers built up prior to leaving for Texas St. In fact, I remember College Gameday did their show at JMU during Everetts final season. Houston had immediate success taking over Everett's recruits and finishing what he started.

Is Mike Houston a great coach that can build a FCS program from the ashes or is he a "right place, right time" coach? He just got a $1 million dollar raise after playing the Charlotte administration like a fiddle.

Here's hoping that he is the guy I think he is and that Dilbert and Houston flame out in three seasons or less.

#17 2018-12-04 14:06:32 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

He hates dogs as well......

27B406AD-5F29-4F72-991B-29F87A87D518.jpeg

#18 2018-12-04 15:33:06 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I appreciate Jon’s work at The University of Southern Mississippi. Under his leadership, among other accomplishments, our Golden Eagle football team extended its streak of winning seasons to four; our baseball team won back-to-back conference titles and hosted an NCAA Regional; our women’s track and field team won a conference championship, and our women’s soccer program had its best season in school history. Jon was also instrumental in initiating new facility construction, as well as repairs and renovations to current facilities.

As any conscious fan knows, he had zero to do with the teams alledged "successes". It was like weather rolling by as he dozed. Facility construction is someone elses wishes and $ crammed down our throats for a meaningless purpose and waste of land. So, we are left with a pompous overpaid half-assed maintenance man and plummeting attendance. As for the claim of big increase in Eagle Club memberships I saw mentioned elsewhere, that's likely due to him strong-arming employees to go "all in".

Mr. Potato head flubbed that hire bigtime. Hope he learned a lesson.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#19 2018-12-04 15:35:56 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

AndreWhere (1252)

The people who write Slate.com are some of the biggest morons on the planet

#20 2018-12-04 17:25:27 - Dilbert 'officially' gone...

Black Diamond Reb (418)

AndreWhere wrote:

The people who write Slate.com are some of the biggest morons on the planet.

So Eagle Club members?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Board footer