CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-12-01 16:59:13 - Just my opinion on this board

EagleFWB (176)

Re: Just my opinion on this board

Well NG.... She's going to FSU most likely.

USM's lack of effort really surprises and like said above.. I'm afraid it's more universal than just athletics.

#22 2018-12-02 19:25:22 - Just my opinion on this board

Ace Barker (260)
Website

I looked at the CUSA board. I don't think I have seen such a love fest of USM "fans" loving the opponents of this conference. It reminds me of years ago when some poster named "Sleepless in Hattiesburg hung out on the old ECU board praising their existence.

Those bastards did not stick up for USM when the AAC discussions were going on but USM stuck up for them for CUSA. Man screw ECU.

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2018-12-02 19:25:45)

#23 2018-12-02 19:28:25 - Just my opinion on this board

Ace Barker (260)
Website

EagleFWB wrote:

USM's lack of effort really surprises and like said above.. I'm afraid it's more universal than just athletics.

When it came time to go to school and choose ballet over lush dancing, My daughter went to Birmingham-Southern. Don't feel bad. It's her choice.

I remember going to USM. I saw Don Tigieser there with his daughter. I believe she ended up at UNT. Don died a few years ago.

Ace...

#24 2018-12-02 20:05:03 - Just my opinion on this board

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:
EagleFWB wrote:

When it came time to go to school and choose ballet over lush dancing, My daughter went to Birmingham-Southern. Don't feel bad. It's her choice.

I remember going to USM. I saw Don Tigieser there with his daughter. I believe she ended up at UNT. Don died a few years ago.

Ace...

I have a kid at Kalamazoo College.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#25 2018-12-02 20:18:29 - Just my opinion on this board

B&GBU (259)

Southern was out recruited for my sons. On top of that when one went to visit with a group of prospective students the tour of the campus was conducted by a slovenly dressed fat girl wearing flip flops who really didn't know much. Both rightly chose to go elsewhere. As you might imagine I was surprised and pretty embarrassed by this. I went there, my dad went there, a brother and sister too. I spoke to the powers that be at the time, Joe Paul I think. He got defensive, gave me a bunch of chin music.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#26 2018-12-02 20:59:20 - Just my opinion on this board

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

Southern was out recruited for my sons. On top of that when one went to visit with a group of prospective students the tour of the campus was conducted by a slovenly dressed fat girl wearing flip flops who really didn't know much. Both rightly chose to go elsewhere. As you might imagine I was surprised and pretty embarrassed by this. I went there, my dad went there, a brother and sister too. I spoke to the powers that be at the time, Joe Paul I think. He got defensive, gave me a bunch of chin music.

That's all pretty sad. USM recruited me pretty actively even though I went to high school in Louisiana.

Not sure how they even knew who I was, but they invited me to interview for a scholarship and meet with the head of the computer science department (Frank Nagurney) for an hour or so.

The young lady who showed us around campus was attractive and well-dressed. I liked her and so did my grandpa.

I'm pretty full of shit so I aced the scholarship interview. Hadn't really made any concrete plans elsewhere and I loved USM football, so that's where I went.

USM's little bit of effort got them a student, an alum, and a lifelong supporter. You reap what you sow.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer