CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-18 10:13:36 - QB Drops Southern Miss

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

QB Drops Southern Miss

Not sure this has been stated yet but the big kid out of Austin, TX withdrew his commitment to USM on 12/7. He is the #3 ranked QB in Texas and comes in at 6'5", 195 lbs.

Wonder why he quit USM on December 7...........

"Former Louisville commit Jaden Johnson gave USM his new verbal pledge on Dec. 7, but Southern Miss head coach Jay Hopson got a preview of his decision the weekend prior on Johnson’s official visit to Hattiesburg."

I get it.....I'm guessing he is back on the Michigan St radar. Would have been a great QB competition if he kept his commitment but look at what UGA has been doing the last three seasons with their top QB recruits.....lots of one and dones in Athens including their latest #1 recruit Justin Fields. How long before the Cuban Cannon and Whatley withdraw?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-12-18 10:22:26 - QB Drops Southern Miss

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Re: QB Drops Southern Miss

Whatever happens, we better hang on to Tate Whatley.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#3 2018-12-18 11:40:02 - QB Drops Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

Not surprised. Dude had a formal on-campus visit scheduled elsewhere the day after he "committed" and I don't think he cancelled it.

If we're going to do this shit, it should be called something other than "committing."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2018-12-18 12:16:19 - QB Drops Southern Miss

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:

Not surprised. Dude had a formal on-campus visit scheduled elsewhere the day after he "committed" and I don't think he cancelled it.

If we're going to do this shit, it should be called something other than "committing."

Could be wrong but I think you are referring to the kid out of Memphis (Johnson) that had that visit scheduled the day after announcing his commitment to USM. The kid out of Texas (Saxton) verbally gave his word back in August. I figured Saxton might drop after we landed the kid from Memphis and sure enough he did on the very same day Johnson announced his decision.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-12-18 13:39:55 - QB Drops Southern Miss

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Could be wrong but I think you are referring to the kid out of Memphis (Johnson) that had that visit scheduled the day after announcing his commitment to USM. The kid out of Texas (Saxton) verbally gave his word back in August. I figured Saxton might drop after we landed the kid from Memphis and sure enough he did on the very same day Johnson announced his decision.

Ah, you're right. You were saying Johnson ran Saxton off... that's very believable.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer