CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-10-13 13:00:16 - Your AD has spoken

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Your AD has spoken

cusa.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#22 2017-10-13 14:12:31 - Your AD has spoken

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Ace Barker wrote:

Are university athletic department employees required to donate to The United Way (Fund a bunch of executives salaries and not the needy) and now donate to the Eagle Club?

Ace...

Of course .. Which is all this is. All department heads / pillow counters are "encouraged" to coerce employees to contribute even if it's only $1 annually. Then they can crow about "100% participation" and tell upper management what a great job of motivating employees they're doing.

I'm sure Giblet ran over to Flamingo's nest and told him what a good boy he was and everyone was "All In"  ... When reality is many of them are "all in" the SUV headed to Oxford and Baton Rouge tomorrow.

Last edited by Black Diamond Reb (2017-10-13 14:20:22)

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#23 2017-10-13 14:13:21 - Your AD has spoken

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

If the AD wanted to raise some real money, he would steal that idea right there and organize a capital campaign for the Yurt around it. Folks would be crawling out of the woodwork.

#24 2017-10-13 21:30:02 - Your AD has spoken

USMstang (303)

When I still worked at a large bank, I pissed everyone off by not donating to that bullshit United Way scam.  They said, "don't you want to wear a Tshirt and jeans to work"?  I said, fuck no, this is a GD bank, not a HS dress-up day!

You want to see participation in your product but those grad assistants don't make diddly shit for income.

Last edited by USMstang (2017-10-13 21:31:02)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#25 2017-10-14 07:08:06 - Your AD has spoken

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

When I still worked at a large bank, I pissed everyone off by not donating to that bullshit United Way scam.  They said, "don't you want to wear a Tshirt and jeans to work"?  I said, fuck no, this is a GD bank, not a HS dress-up day!

You want to see participation in your product but those grad assistants don't make diddly shit for income.

Yeah, the pressure is real.

I have worked places where an executive spent some time making sure that the business's charity efforts weren't just for show. The place I just left did a lot of things for Operation Homefront, which is kind of like Wounded Warrior Project but with much lower overhead and a better overall track record. Just doing the United Way thing is lazy and ineffective.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#26 2017-10-28 05:37:26 - Your AD has spoken

admin (289)
Administrator

TheChosenOne wrote:

TO THE TOP
I’M IN – WE’RE ALL IN

ENTHUSIASM
Over the past 7 months, and despite any challenges of the moment, not a day has passed where I haven’t found something to get excited about within our Department of Athletics. Every single day! In over 24 years within the industry, I have never held such high enthusiasm. With all my heart, I feel that Southern Miss Athletics holds incredible potential for excellence and achievement.

With this in mind, on August 16th we held an All-Staff and Coaches Meeting for the Department of Athletics. The purpose of that meeting was to gather as a group, recommit to our Mission and Guiding Principles, address key issues, and share the direction of our Department through 2017, and beyond. On that day, I shared my enthusiasm with our Staff and Coaches, and I extended an invitation across our entire Department…                                                                               

I’M IN – ARE YOU IN?
At our meeting, I invited our Staff and Coaches to join our Annual Fund. Plain and simple – this fund provides vital support for our Departmental operating expenses throughout the year. But more than that, the Annual Fund holds the potential to advance and enrich our program in so many new ways.

As we began the I’M IN Campaign, 34 of 144 Staff, Coaches and Graduate Assistants were already members (special thanks to that group). Yet as of Friday 10/6, we have 100% participation across the Department – with over 100 new Members!

As we call upon our Donors and Prospective Donors to share our Needs Report, I cannot think of a more powerful statement than the fact that our own Staff and Coaches, as well as our Graduate Assistants, are IN! I am proud and honored to state: I’M IN – WE’RE ALL IN!

AS WE MOVE FORWARD
As we move forward, please know that I am personally involved on a daily basis with Major Donors, Prospective Donors, Eagle Club Members, and Prospective Eagle Club Members. As I make the visits and meet with these individuals, I can’t wait to thank current members, and share the fact that our own Department Staff and Coaches believe in our Mission, Guiding Principles and plans for our future, and that they support our Department through Eagle Club membership.

THE MEANING OF MEMBERSHIP
If you are already a member of the Eagle Club, our deepest thanks! And if you are a prospective member, I hope that you will consider joining in this month of October. I do understand that your personal resources are precious, and as such, I am not concerned so much with the amount of your gift, as I am interested in your participation and commitment to our work within the Department. My hope is that you would recognize your gift acknowledges that our work carries great meaning – as we support the educational mission of the University through our work with Student-Athletes. Your participation helps to make us a success and a point of pride within the community.
IN CLOSING
In closing, I’d like to invite you to develop a meaningful relationship with our Department of Athletics.
If you would like to become a member of our Eagle Club as a part of our I’M IN Campaign, please stop by our Development Office (or my office) at any time – or feel free to contact Caroline Bevillard within our Athletics Development Office. Caroline is coordinating this project for us and her number is (601) 266-5299.

As I have shared with my Staff and Coaches, our future looks bright if we continue to make progress each and every day. On behalf of our Staff, Coaches and great Graduate Assistants … I’M IN – WE’RE ALL IN!

Hope you’re IN soon!

(TOGETHER) TO THE TOP!

Jon

With 4 tater tots, this is the second most tater-totted post of all time.

#27 2017-10-28 07:25:52 - Your AD has spoken

southern miss slacker (304)

AndreWhere wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Yeah, the pressure is real.

I have worked places where an executive spent some time making sure that the business's charity efforts weren't just for show. The place I just left did a lot of things for Operation Homefront, which is kind of like Wounded Warrior Project but with much lower overhead and a better overall track record. Just doing the United Way thing is lazy and ineffective.

these "veteran charities" are all bullshit scams. we have a thing in America called the Veterans Administration that takes care of that shit. I was checking out in the grocery last year and the kid asked me to donate to Wounded Warrior, I said No, I don't give cash money over to charities like that and furthermore I was pretty sure  it was bullshit scam organization because of the reason I just gave above. I spoke to the manager about it and a couple days later they had stopped asking in their stores. well guess what? a few weeks later the media broke the story how in fact W.W. were taking the donated money and having lavish parties and vacations with the money. Never give money to any charity like that, no matter how professional it looks or how legitimate it seems.  it's all a scam.

Last edited by southern miss slacker (2017-10-28 07:36:27)

#28 2017-10-28 07:34:35 - Your AD has spoken

USMstang wrote:

When I still worked at a large bank, I pissed everyone off by not donating to that bullshit United Way scam.

the vast majority of so called "charities" are scams. they are there to take your money and laugh at you all the way to the bank. pun intended. I have researched online about them and the one that seems to be the most efficient with the money they receive is St. Jude's Hospital for Children.

#29 2017-10-28 07:40:11 - Your AD has spoken

AndreWhere (1252)

southern miss slacker wrote:

these "veteran charities" are all bullshit scams. we have a thing in America called the Veterans Administration that takes care of that shit. I was checking out in the grocery last year and the kid asked me to donate to Wounded Warrior, I said No, I don't give cash money over to charities like that and furthermore I was pretty sure  it was bullshit scam organization because of the reason I just gave above. I spoke to the manager about it and a couple days later they had stopped asking in their stores. well guess what? a few weeks later the media broke the story how in fact W.W. were taking the donated money and having lavish parties and vacations with the money. Never give money to any charity like that, it's all a scam.

Whenever I think about Wounded Warrior I remember when Joe Vitt said he was going to volunteer for them during his suspension, but they didn't let him LMAO. Guess there wasn't much real work for Joe to do.

There's this charity headquartered by my house called the Children's Wish Foundation. No, it's not the Make-A-Wish Foundation (which is pretty well-established), nor is it the Children's Miracle Network (which actually does build hospitals), it's basically a scam. They have one of these things...

$(KGrHqZ,!joE6KLRjq!KBOu-o2bi,!~~60_58.JPG

...and they post the "wishes" they've granted on it. They're all lame (shit like "Dying Becky Met Her Hero, Louie Anderson!") and the wishes don't even change that often.

#30 2017-10-28 07:52:27 - Your AD has spoken

years ago some black guy dressed in his finest J.C Penney attire and rubber soled fake dress shoes was trying to get donations outside a store for abused children, as I passed him he asked me to donate and I said as I walked by. "I beat my kids everyday so if I donated to you I'd be a hypocrite". he tried to make me feel guilty with a "Have a pleasant and blessed day sir". I retorted with a polite, "go fuck yourself".

#31 2018-12-18 20:54:02 - Your AD has spoken

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

What this really means ...

Giblet wrote:

TO THE TOP
I’M IN – WE’RE ALL IN

ENTHUSIASM
Over the past 7 months, not a day has passed where I haven’t laughed my ass off at the ineptitude of this University. Every single day! In over 24 years within the industry, I have never witnessed such a clusterfuck. With all my heart, I feel that Southern Miss Athletics will be lucky to sustain a division one program long enough for me to find a  job elsewhere like Lucky Charm did.

With this in mind, on August 16th we held an All-Staff and Coaches Meeting for this circus. The purpose of that meeting was to coerce and intimidate colleagues to ante up.  On that day, I shared my concern about the dire condition of the department, with specific instructions to keep pumping sunshine and not further the situation to the sheep under the threat of their lives.                                                                           

I’M IN – ARE YOU IN?
At our meeting, I told our Staff and Coaches they had joined an Annual Fund. Plain and simple – this fund provides vital support for our Departmental operating expenses throughout the year. But more than that, the Annual Fund holds the potential to advance and enrich our program in imaginary ways, i.e., we have no finite plans, just do as your told.

As we began the I’M IN Campaign, 34 of 144 Staff, Coaches and Graduate Assistants were already members (special thanks to that group). Yet as of Friday 10/6, we have 100% participation across the Department – with over 100 new Members, so I've authorized myself an all expense paid vacation to Tahiti !!

As we call upon our Donors and Prospective Donors to share our Needs Report, I cannot think of a more powerful statement than the fact that our own Staff and Coaches, as well as our Graduate Assistants, are IN! I am proud and honored to state: Aloha Suckers!

AS WE MOVE FORWARD
As we move forward, please know that I am personally planning my flight and lodging arrangements. I can’t wait to thank current members, and share the photos of my time on the beach with Samoan women without tops under the guise of guiding principles and plans for our future, and that they support me through extorting these funds.

THE MEANING OF MEMBERSHIP
If you are already a member of the Eagle Club, you're a dumbass! And if you are a prospective member, I hope that you will consider joining in this month of October as my visa card  is billed 11-1. I do understand that your personal resources are precious, and as such, I am not concerned, as I am interested in wondering what are the prime tanning hours in Papeete. My hope is that you would ignore common sense and contribute as they will not waive the extra luggage fee per the United representative. Your participation helps to make my attitude better as I update my resume'.

IN CLOSING
In closing, I’d like to invite you to follow me on twitter as I build sand castles and snorkel in the beautiful Pacific water. If you would like to contribute to my dolphin encounter side trip please stop by or my office at any time – or feel free to contact Caroline Bevillard within our Athletics Development Office. Caroline is hoping enough funds are raised so she may come along.

As I have shared with my Staff and Coaches, my future looks bright if it doesn't rain. On behalf of our Staff, Coaches and great Graduate Assistants … I’M IN –  AND CAROLINE MAY BE TOO!

Hope you bring cash soon!

IF, HOPE, AND MAYBE!

Giblet

Looks like Caroline raised enough funds to move on as well ...

https://ecupirates.com/news/2018/12/18/ … d-swa.aspx

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#32 2018-12-19 08:42:41 - Your AD has spoken

AndreWhere (1252)

Those ECU people are in for a steady dose of feel-good bullshit. Lucky for them, they actually have things to feel good about, so a snake oil salesman is probably OK there.

#33 2018-12-19 09:06:01 - Your AD has spoken

Mao Tse-gore (412)

They swallowed the big increase in Eagle Club membership load of crap that resulted from strong-arming employees.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#34 2018-12-19 09:46:46 - Your AD has spoken

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

ECU is failing in so many areas and they are in the middle of a $50 million dollar stadium expansion. Dilbert considerably overpaid a coach that was going to Charlotte the day before. Basketball at ECU is historically terrible. Baseball finally pulled out of a tailspin last season but its down compared to their storied past.

Look at it this way........If USM takes 9 months to find the best AD available and you end up picking your buddy from a prior disaster that has 1.8 years of AD experience, where his greatest accomplishment is past due preventative maintenance and outdoor excursions with young adults you can officially throw in the towel.........

just like ECU did one month ago.......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#35 2018-12-19 12:00:20 - Your AD has spoken

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Instead if working on major donations they play around on this sort of nonsense and make announcements about how successful they are in fundraising.

Ace...

#36 2018-12-19 12:46:00 - Your AD has spoken

AndreWhere (1252)

The shakedown was B.S. when Hammond did it but he was new to athletics adminstration and also "one of us" so it didn't surprise me. When Gilbert did the same thing, it really shocked me. Not good at all. People should be hired for their competence. They can be Mississippi State season ticket holders for all I care, if they do a good job.

#37 2018-12-19 15:37:11 - Your AD has spoken

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:

The shakedown was B.S. when Hammond did it but he was new to athletics adminstration and also "one of us" so it didn't surprise me. When Gilbert did the same thing, it really shocked me. Not good at all. People should be hired for their competence. They can be Mississippi State season ticket holders for all I care, if they do a good job.

But it is an accomplishment line item on his resume and annual review with USM. So out of curiosity, of all the athletic department employees, how much money was raised?

Ace...

#38 2018-12-19 21:25:20 - Your AD has spoken

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

But it is an accomplishment line item on his resume and annual review with USM. So out of curiosity, of all the athletic department employees, how much money was raised?

Ace...

How anyone can consider that an accomplishment escapes me. It basically turns the workplace into a cult. You go from "do this job and we'll pay you $X" to "believe in this thing."

Whatever monetary benefit you get from that is destroyed by the way it trashes morale. Competent people don't want to work for a cult.

It reminds me of when I worked for Mississippi Power and some old secretary stood up and made an impassioned speech about how we needed to be "using the product" and avoid houses with gas heat, as if the income statement of Mississippi Power depended on a couple of thousand employees' loyalty.

Not too long ago that same company bought Atlanta Gas Light so I guess I'm off her shit list now.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-12-19 21:25:52)

Board footer