CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-22 16:39:17 - ECU - VPI scheduling drama

AndreWhere (1252)

ECU - VPI scheduling drama

VA Tech has cancelled scheduled football games @ECU, apparently because of how ECU unilaterally chickened out of their 2018 game at Blacksburg.

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-sp … story.html

I sympathize; if the home team says the game is on, it's not up to the road team to tell them the weather's too crappy.

At least Gilbert has something to do. He was probably deep cleaning some statue or obsessively cataloging burnt-out light bulbs before this happened.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-12-22 17:25:16 - ECU - VPI scheduling drama

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: ECU - VPI scheduling drama

I was surprised when that game was canceled and a little more surprised when the Pirates scheduled NC State at the end of the season instead of having a placeholder for VA Tech. I think that’s the real answer as to why they are pissed and should be. ECU has been a complete cluster in 2018 and that includes hiring Merry Maid as AD and well overpaying for Mike Houston as your next savior......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2018-12-22 18:52:27 - ECU - VPI scheduling drama

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

So reading the ECU board they admit their Chancellor screwed it up. He kept a $250K payment from VT for this seasons game and didn’t return it when he scheduled NC State which paid ECU $300K. Dumb move. Either way we should get ECU back on our schedule shortly if they decide to pull out of the future road games in Blacksburg out of anger although I would prefer going back to Blacksburg for a 2 for 1 if Mitchell can make it happen.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-12-22 19:02:41 - ECU - VPI scheduling drama

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

So reading the ECU board they admit their Chancellor screwed it up. He kept a $250K payment from VT for this seasons game and didn’t return it when he scheduled NC State which paid ECU $300K. Dumb move. Either way we should get ECU back on our schedule shortly if they decide to pull out of the future road games in Blacksburg out of anger although I would prefer going back to Blacksburg for a 2 for 1 if Mitchell can make it happen.

USM has history with both schools, but I doubt the fart enthusiasts running things at USM right now have any meaningful connection to either of them.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer