CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-26 11:49:28 - Alumni Verification E Mail

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Alumni Verification E Mail

Found it odd since I donate to the USM Foundation each year and recently sent in my $ for 2019 Eagle Club. Last year I had to block the USM phone number from their constant calling asking for cash and figured this was an attempt to confirm my phone info. I view this correspondence as a, "hey, thanks for updating your info, can you give us more cash" spam attempt. Anyone else get one of these? If its not a money grab let me know.

"Time is running out on an important Southern Miss Alumni Association project. I recently sent you a notice because I need your help. Verification of alumni information is now due for all University of Southern Mississippi alumni. According to our records, your alumni file has not been confirmed.
I need you to call 1-866-855-7610 in the next 5 days. All it takes is a quick confirmation of your alumni data so we can mark your file "VERIFIED."
Why is your verification so important? Your verification helps with the upcoming Alumni Directory for The University of Southern Mississippi as well as establishing benchmarks for our career placement office, applying for government grants and determining our ranking in national evaluations.
If you recently verified your alumni data, thank you for your prompt assistance. "

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-12-26 11:56:47 - Alumni Verification E Mail

tg300 (439)

Re: Alumni Verification E Mail

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Found it odd since I donate to the USM Foundation each year and recently sent in my $ for 2019 Eagle Club. Last year I had to block the USM phone number from their constant calling asking for cash and figured this was an attempt to confirm my phone info. I view this correspondence as a, "hey, thanks for updating your info, can you give us more cash" spam attempt. Anyone else get one of these? If its not a money grab let me know.

"Time is running out on an important Southern Miss Alumni Association project. I recently sent you a notice because I need your help. Verification of alumni information is now due for all University of Southern Mississippi alumni. According to our records, your alumni file has not been confirmed.
I need you to call 1-866-855-7610 in the next 5 days. All it takes is a quick confirmation of your alumni data so we can mark your file "VERIFIED."
Why is your verification so important? Your verification helps with the upcoming Alumni Directory for The University of Southern Mississippi as well as establishing benchmarks for our career placement office, applying for government grants and determining our ranking in national evaluations.
If you recently verified your alumni data, thank you for your prompt assistance. "

Likely means they lost part of the database.

#3 2018-12-26 11:58:56 - Alumni Verification E Mail

Ace Barker (260)
Website

I received the same email. I haven’t replied. I blocked the everynight call as well. I was annoyed because they never left a
Message. Leave a message. Typical. I also heard about a directory. A couple of hundred bucks for a book?  Let people subscribe and drop the printing costs.

Ace...

#4 2018-12-27 17:41:41 - Alumni Verification E Mail

Fighting eagle (114)

Lost most of their fan base so they're attempting to goad people to give up current info. They have sent me 4 emails and a hard copy about this, each one sounding more urgent then the last. I am in hiding.

#5 2018-12-27 19:24:05 - Alumni Verification E Mail

AndreWhere (1252)

Regardless of the competence of the people doing these things or the merit of their approach, I encourage everyone to respond to these outreach efforts.

My commitment to USM sports (in time, money, and overall energy) has varied over the years, so I get it if people don't want to give them a bunch of money or make Reed Green their second home. That said, keeping the lines of communication open is a good thing.

Just my take. I haven't received an email myself.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#6 2018-12-27 20:21:52 - Alumni Verification E Mail

Ace Barker (260)
Website

I logged in and replied with the same info as before. Both the wife and I.

Ace...

#7 2018-12-27 20:32:43 - Alumni Verification E Mail

Fighting eagle (114)

I sent Jerry Defatta an email stating all the info they had on me was correct. No need to call the 800 number and talk to some kid who will ask me a bunch of questions I don't want to answer.

#8 2018-12-27 20:44:10 - Alumni Verification E Mail

AndreWhere (1252)

Fighting eagle wrote:

I sent Jerry Defatta an email stating all the info they had on me was correct. No need to call the 800 number and talk to some kid who will ask me a bunch of questions I don't want to answer.

LOL yeah, that would be a bit much to ask.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#9 2018-12-27 21:38:00 - Alumni Verification E Mail

B&GBU (259)

Ole Piss is doing the verification thing to some of my "friends".

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

Board footer