CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-20 17:46:50 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

DxZBeQIU0AAibMZ?format=jpg&name=large

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-01-20 18:15:16 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

It's not much of a football town. Clearly the NFL is working hard on changing that.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#3 2019-01-20 18:21:57 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

TheChosenOne (295)

AndreWhere wrote:

Hattiesburg is not much of a football town.

Unfortunately

#4 2019-01-20 19:12:57 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

Hulk Hogan tweet for the win....

No flag, brother!
1A13EBEE-0B31-4915-AD54-6C2F88C9C7EB.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2019-01-22 21:17:22 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

AndreWhere (1252)

Atlanta sports radio this week has been entirely focused on the misfortune of the Saints. I have heard detailed statistical analyses of Drew Brees' decline, replays of the WWL postgame show, etc. You wouldn't know that the Braves just re-signed an All Star, or that GA State has a pretty good basketball team.

I thought it was stupid when Saints fans talked trash about the Falcons blowing the Super Bowl, and this is the same but worse. I love Atlanta but it's not much of a pro football town.

#6 2019-01-22 21:25:23 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

Saints were screwed without question. Outside of the always enjoyable commentary from Bobby Hebert New Orleans needs to move on and accept that the Rams logo is already on the field at Mercedes Benz Stadium. The billboards in Atlanta, the lawsuit on behalf of season ticket holders, the obscure rule making its rounds on social media about the power of the commissioner to change the result, the petition signed by over 150K Weeziana residents, etc......accept that the game has a human element and that you have benefited from no calls in the past as well..........you just don’t get to pick and choose when they happen......

#7 2019-01-23 07:53:08 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

EagleFWB (176)

Regardless of team, the bottom line is that the no-call changed the result of the game. We're talking about sports at the highest level with tons of money and resources. There is absolutely no reason or excuse for there not to be something in place to prevent that from happening. I sort of like the idea of an additional ref that sits up in the booth that works with the field crew watching every play in question. Calls are going to be missed every single game, but you can't have something like this happen at this high level with so much at stake. There is too much technology and analysis involved to let this happen.

Either that or do away with all replay, challenges, etc. and just let them play.

#8 2019-01-23 09:02:44 - Crazy Celebration in LA after OT winner

AndreWhere (1252)

A game like that could probably be more effectively refereed from the booth. You wouldn't see as many chickenshit "he cursed at me / pulled on my dreadlocks" penalties, but who cares?

Board footer