CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2019-02-08 11:33:15 - The witch hunt has started.

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Re: The witch hunt has started.

skyvoyager wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Hop went into this knowing he had these things in his past. That's stupid, and regardless of what Bennett did Hop should have known better.

If SB Nation is right, and Hop jumped into this whole thing on his own, *knowing* he'd flirted with having rapists on his team in the past, then Hop not only acted stupidly, he was also insubordinate.

As for Bennett, he should have known about these things in Hopson's past. If he didn't, that's bad. If he did and still let this Briles thing get started, that's bad... but I doubt that.

I suspect Bennett knew Hop was playing footsie with Briles, but didn't know about these newly unearthed issues with Hopson's past. These issues make it impossible for USM to move on and put the Briles thing in the past. Bennett is probably furious at Hopson for that, and rightly so.

(None of this is to say that I think Hopson or Briles did anything morally wrong. They're football coaches, not security guards or guidance counselors.)

Sb nation is wrong. Bennett knew from the beginning. USM flew thd guy in for the interview. He changed his story when the press and professors jumped on him. He could have said no from the start.

Ace...

Bennett knew but SB is not wrong.... the 'anonymous source' that leaked the 'he came in for a landing without getting clearance from the tower' BS story is the one that is wrong.

Patty Magee's hatchet job BS story is wrong.  How does that guy keep a job?

USM paid to fly him in. That is just silly.

Ace...

#22 2019-02-08 14:49:17 - The witch hunt has started.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Disappointed to see Ito Smith endorsing Jay being labeled as a racist. This is the second time he has approved an anti Hop attack. Clearly he has no respect for the man but to essentially call him racist seems extremely poor and unprofessional. Wish you well, Ito. I hope you are given the benefit from Hop and others when you face a future challenge in your life.

04E97643-45B8-49AC-B3B1-7E53B93B5C5E.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#23 2019-02-08 14:59:15 - The witch hunt has started.

Fighting eagle (114)

This has gone from sexual assault to 2nd Chance and religion to he said she said and now morphed into racism. I want to live on Mars.

#24 2019-02-08 15:49:50 - The witch hunt has started.

stinkfist (764)

Fighting eagle wrote:

This has gone from sexual assault to 2nd Chance and religion to he said she said and now morphed into racism. I want to live on Mars.

we're already there....

71c0880d4f18fb1d6ba63a11f0c80c8b.jpg

57d66e68fd94013766b4c73d-5807d74095cee4003cf1e36d.jpg

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#25 2019-02-08 16:44:04 - The witch hunt has started.

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

The Ticket in Dallas just did an entire segment crucifying Jay Hopson. The Hardline is the #1 drive time show in the metroplex for several consecutive years. They essentially focused on the last 24 hours of Jay Hopson and the witch hunt for opening the Art Briles can of worms. This is what you get when you try to hire Briles was their take. Both hosts were extremely vocal that Hopson should be fired immediately today after trying to sign West and not sharing his background with the university. They also discussed his Alcorn recruit as highlighted in the article by The Athletic.

It’s one city and one radio station but it further taints the university in one of the most prized recruiting areas in the country.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#26 2019-02-08 17:11:54 - The witch hunt has started.

AndreWhere (1252)

So do we get mad at the media or at Hopson?

Personally, I think the criminal "justice" system is hard enough on people. I don't think an offender who has completed his probation should be ineligible for employment or education, both legally and practically.

That's not the world we're living in, though.

I also think the media are worthless. Radio stations should shut up and put on some Beethoven or something.

Again, though... we have to live in reality, not Jay Hopson's "Aw Shucks" universe.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. You know what I mean?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#27 2019-02-08 18:12:31 - The witch hunt has started.

B&GBU (259)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Disappointed to see Ito Smith endorsing Jay being labeled as a racist. This is the second time he has approved an anti Hop attack. Clearly he has no respect for the man but to essentially call him racist seems extremely poor and unprofessional. Wish you well, Ito. I hope you are given the benefit from Hop and others when you face a future challenge in your life.

04E97643-45B8-49AC-B3B1-7E53B93B5C5E.jpeg

I don't know, but I'll bet the pres. would already be on the street if he wasn't a black man.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#28 2019-02-08 22:21:52 - The witch hunt has started.

USMstang (303)

Only a true, actual racist would even have her thought process.  I hate to see that’s Ito’s point of view as well apparently.  When I think of RB, I see a guy with a view of most things, opposite of mine.  He’s one of those!  They come in all sizes, shapes, colors, creeds, religions, etc. and it matters not to me.  I’d prefer him to move along back to the $EC (he’s one of THEM too)!

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#29 2019-02-10 18:12:00 - The witch hunt has started.

AndreWhere (1252)

A grown man is crying over the fact that USM would give Art Briles a job interview:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/colle … 86f70.html

Personally, I'm more upset by the Adventures of Stabby McFootFetish than I am by anything to do with Briles. Briles never did anything like that himself, he just suffers from the vague sense that it happened around him and he should have somehow meted out justice... you know, in the downtime from his hobby of winning football games.

Either way, I'm not crying. And I'd like for these people to save their outrage for teams they actually care about. Otherwise, there's no substance to it.

It's like me getting outraged over some scandal in Albanian politics. I have no skin in that game, and I can say whatever I need to to please other people who have no skin in it, either. It's all just a big circle jerk, and I think the sports media are out of Kleenex until payday at this point anyway.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

Board footer