CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-26 16:53:30 - What’s up today......

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

What’s up today......

Scotty Walden is officially now our Co OC and will still serve as the WR coach. Well deserved and it adds some excitement to this upcoming season.

UNO kicks off our 8 game home stand tonight. They sit at 5-1 and took 2/3 at home against Michigan St to start their season. Won’t be an easy win.

Born on this day, still dead......Jackie Gleason and the great Johnny Cash. He died four months after June passed.

https://youtu.be/vt1Pwfnh5pc

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-02-26 20:33:59 - What’s up today......

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: What’s up today......

Throwing Walden a bone is probably a good thing. I hope he can form an effective working relationship with Buster Faulkner. If so, then this will all be for the best.

Maybe Sonya Varnell can give them some advice about melding their diverse backgrounds together into a cohesive whole.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2019-02-26 20:58:47 - What’s up today......

EagleFWB (176)

Also Patty Mac posted another Briles article with an email from Mitchell to Hopson being the only new piece.

#4 2019-02-26 21:04:59 - What’s up today......

AndreWhere (1252)

OpieTaylor wrote:

I want us to communicate openly and honestly even when we disagree, Regarding the prospect of hiring Coach Briles as OC, I can’t get to a place to support it. The simple fact that he’s the subject of a current NCAA investigation and that we’re still on probation from our basketball infractions years ago leads me to firm conviction about this matter. This is the right thing to do, and it is in the best interests of the University. Please go in another direction for your OC hire. I will, of course, be glad to discuss more.

Ridiculous.

Why put that in an email, especially if you want to "community openly and honestly?"

What does the basketball team of 5 years ago have to do with the football team of today? Are we supposed to just turn tail permanently? (Stupid question... this is an athletic program that reduced itself to C-SpayOrNeuter because of an illicit turkey gift in 1894.)

I was ambivalent about the prospect of Briles at USM, but this is just weak. Opie needs to follow Lassie down the well at the old mill, and also choke on Aunt Bea's pickles just to be safe.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2019-02-26 21:06:10 - What’s up today......

EagleFWB wrote:

Also Patty Mac posted another Briles article with an email from Mitchell to Hopson being the only new piece.

It was an article done by Stadium. They wrote it, he either summarized it or copied it like the others. The writer from Stadium actually did the public records request for the emails. Andy Wittry wrote the story.

That’s my ongoing issue with Paddy. How does a guy who’s job is to cover Southern Miss stay employed when he is the laziest reporter ever. Constantly getting scooped by people outside of the program and state every single time....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#6 2019-02-28 14:44:34 - What’s up today......

Some new changes announced today.....
8C0A11EE-A32C-40A6-8AC8-BF755186C7BA.jpeg

Board footer