CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-15 10:04:37 - The Final SW Movie Trailer.....Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

The Final SW Movie Trailer.....Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Dumb title for the final movie and its getting trashed among the hardcore SW fans.....The previous movie, The Last Jedi, really ruined the latest round of SW movies for me. Thought it was as bad as the Lucas prequels released between 99-2005. It was the first SW movie I didn't see in the theaters going back to the late 70's and I was disappointed I paid to own a copy of it when it was released digitally.

JJ Abrams takes back control of the directing responsibilities for the final movie thankfully. He has a hard task of essentially tying in all previous 8 movies and wrapping them all up in this final one. This trailer was released over the weekend. Took me a few views to realize that the old death star is what everyone is staring at in the final clip of the trailer. Hoping it is a decent ending to one of the best movie franchises of all time. If not, I will just be thankful they made Rogue One over the past few years since that one is probably the second best SW movie all time behind Empire......

https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-04-15 20:11:17 - The Final SW Movie Trailer.....Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: The Final SW Movie Trailer.....Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Is Lucas pretty much out of the picture?

I don't have a strong opinion on that, personally, just wondering. I haven't seen all of the Star Wars movies, but I've enjoyed the ones I've watched, with the exception of Phanton Menace.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2019-04-16 08:33:15 - The Final SW Movie Trailer.....Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: The Final SW Movie Trailer.....Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

JJ Abrams consulted with Lucas on the script for the final movie. When Disney purchased Lucasfilm 7 years ago, George told them he had a script he wrote and worked on for years regarding the final 3 movies in the franchise. Disney smiled, took the script, told him thanks, and filed it away next to the Return to the Wizard of Oz, Lone Ranger 2, and John Carter trilogy scripts. George just sat back and counted his cash while Disney went another direction.

The fact that JJ called George to discuss this last movie proves that they were going in the wrong direction.......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer