CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-09 10:18:41 - Squad in Progression

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Squad in Progression

I am buying into this guy. I believe until proven otherwise that he is the real deal. One of the true challenges we will have this fall will be trying to figure out who deserves the credit for our new found success on offense, Scotty or Buster. Every once in a blue moon someone with actual talent accidentally lands in Hattiesburg. Historically we find a way to not make the most of that individual because we want to follow an antiquated, old-fangled mindset of, "wait your turn" instead of learn as you go.......pissing away real time experience and valuable time.

If McClain wants to be successful, he needs to write down his vision for each program and what they will look like in three years. If this man isn't holding the keys to the head ball coaches office by Fall of 2021 we officially pissed away yet another great opportunity. McClain needs to take him to lunch twice a month and talk about everything they can accomplish together over the next 5 years. McClain needs to create a separate savings account and start putting some money aside for what we anticipate a P6 school is going to offer Scotty in two to three years.

Full disclosure, I would have said the same for Christian Ostrander last year and it very well might still be the case today.....but its also possible that we have TTTainted his ceiling/skill set under Berry by now....

D6HdHCNX4AEWpJf.jpg:large

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-05-09 10:28:16 - Squad in Progression

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Re: Squad in Progression

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

If McClain

If Scotty

Off to a great start.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#3 2019-05-09 17:48:37 - Squad in Progression

Lloydlake (139)

Okay. I'll bite.
What's so special about Scotty ?  I'm being serious because I honestly don't know.

#4 2019-05-09 18:19:57 - Squad in Progression

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Fair question based on limited results to date at USM. He’s been coaching our receivers the last few years under Dawson’s guidance so the real results at Southern Miss are yet to be determined. His resume for someone under 30 is impressive. Already has College HC experience and his team led D3 NCAA stats averaging almost 600 yards and 50 points per game. He is getting a lot of love from within the college profession, being selected by the coaches association for a leadership committee for the top 35 coaches under 35. Bleacher Report bought into the hype and did an article on him calling him the next Kliff Kingsbury. He had at least one FCS program interview for HC this winter that was public knowledge. The story has yet to be written on his next chapter but I would like USM to let him succeed or fail vs watching another Chip Lindsey or Blake Anderson elevate somebody else’s program instead.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

Board footer