CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-13 04:56:29 - Week 7

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Week 7

WKU looks as if they can win the east now. Impressive win against a scrappy Army team. Held them scoreless until the 4th and only gave up 8 points to Army who averaged over 35 points over their past 3 games.

La Tech almost hit 70 yesterday against UMASS. Who knows how good they are. Only one loss so far at Texas but struggled against Grambling and Rice.

Memphis will drop out of the top 25 after a loss to Temple. Honorable mention to their unis yesterday.

Boise is probably going to finish as the top G5 ranked school beating absolutely zero quality opponents.

Baylor coach should be the hottest P5 hire in the offseason with Norvell from Memphis not far behind him.

Jalen Hurts is going to win the Heisman for Oklahoma’s third in a row trophy

Herm Edwards to AZ St from ESPN wasn’t a gimmick

Taggert buyout still north of $16 million after being dismantled by Clemson

Coach O won’t beat Saban

Missouri should sue Iowa for uniform theft

MS St might not get to 6 wins

The state of Georgia had the worst sports week ever. UGA was overrated.

Tulane just keeps rolling. Next weeks game at Memphis should be legit.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-10-13 07:50:34 - Week 7

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Week 7

At the end of the USM game last night, I was thinking that I was probably watching the best team in the Bottom 3 (MAC, Sun Belt, and the Hearts of Palm Bowl Alliance). Sagarin has WMU and Toledo slightly higher, but I don't think either of those teams could slow down USM's offense.

So it's very possible USM will win out, minus one Hopson Head-Scratcher, and go 9-3. (10-2 isn't in Hopson's DNA.)

A Totino's Bowl Alliance championship is also very possible, but if you look at any set of power ratings USM would be in the bottom half of the AAC and even in the bottom half of the MWC. And I do not think Sagarin, etc. are overrating those teams like they *always* do with the MAC.

Over and over again, I find myself thinking that USM forgot how important it is to pick one's friends wisely.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2019-10-13 07:53:12 - Week 7

AndreWhere (1252)

Yosef's Yokels are 5-0 but their greatest accomplishments are narrowly stepping over a Fedora Crater and beating University of Lafayette at Louisiana.

#4 2019-10-13 08:05:40 - Week 7

If SMU wins out they will have a far better resume than Boise seeing that they already beat a top 25 Big 12 team on the road and will have played at least one more top 25 team in Cincinnati in the AAC title game if everything holds. Besides the AAC is far better than the MWC this season.

The CUSA title game is shaping up to be a duplicate of last season. You will have USM at FAU two weeks in a row just like MTSU and UAB last year. Might see a legit 4K crowd in Boca if that happens.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2019-10-13 20:01:28 - Week 7

Sun Belt Yokels break into top 25 landing at 24. AAC has two ranked, Tulane at #26, and Memphis, Temple and UCF all getting votes. La Tech getting 1 vote as well. USM opens as a 1.5 point favorite in Ruston.

#6 2019-10-13 20:58:06 - Week 7

Black Diamond Reb (418)

AndreWhere wrote:

It's very possible USM will win out and play Lafayette State on Poydras Street.

hqdefault.jpg

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#7 2019-10-14 06:14:37 - Week 7

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

It's very possible USM will win out and play Lafayette State on Poydras Street.

hqdefault.jpg

This team will not win out.

Whether or not the team plays on Poydras Street anytime soon may depend on how quickly the usurpers can clear the rubble of the Chateau Acción Affirmatíve from Canal Street.

#8 2019-10-14 09:46:21 - Week 7

Bleacher Eagle (44)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Coach O won’t beat Saban

Probably not because that game is in Tuscaloosa, but Bama's defense looks very un-Bama like this year. If that game were in Baton Rouge, I'd take the Tigers.

Board footer