CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#13 2019-10-25 13:13:15 - Worst/Best

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1177)

Re: Worst/Best

skyvoyager wrote:

As bad as I don't want to beat the dead horse again..... Since UConn is leaving the AAC, are they staying at 11 football teams?

The American Athletic Conference commissioner said the league is, "'not targeting anybody," to replace UConn during his opening statement during AAC media days.

The Huskies plan to exit for the Big East at some point next year, leaving the American with 11 programs in football and men's and women's basketball (Navy is football-only, Wichita State is basketball-only).

"We have no plans at this point to add a member to replace UConn," Aresco said. "We're not targeting anyone."

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#14 2019-10-25 16:27:38 - Worst/Best

skyvoyager (68)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
skyvoyager wrote:

As bad as I don't want to beat the dead horse again..... Since UConn is leaving the AAC, are they staying at 11 football teams?

The American Athletic Conference commissioner said the league is, "'not targeting anybody," to replace UConn during his opening statement during AAC media days.

The Huskies plan to exit for the Big East at some point next year, leaving the American with 11 programs in football and men's and women's basketball (Navy is football-only, Wichita State is basketball-only).

"We have no plans at this point to add a member to replace UConn," Aresco said. "We're not targeting anyone."

Not that we would have a chance but they have been asleep the wheel before
And got burned.... staying at 11 makes no sense

Last edited by skyvoyager (2019-10-25 16:34:47)

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#15 2019-10-25 17:58:09 - Worst/Best

AndreWhere (992)

I've always wondered how much of USM's expulsion from C-USA tied back to a simple failure to maintain good relationships with the presidents and athletic directors at the other schools.

I can't imagine Shelby Thames and Gee-A-Ninny were much fun to be around. Shelby wanted to analyze people's urine, FFS. Richard made Dave Treen look like Dave Chapelle in comparison.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#16 2019-10-27 07:48:55 - Worst/Best

B&GBU (152)

Sorry, but I'm here to challenge the auto-assumption that in this hyper-hypothetical scenario we would even accept such an invitation.

"Winning is relative."
"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"
"Conference play."
"Stop, drop and roll doesn't work in hell."

#17 2019-10-27 09:09:18 - Worst/Best

AndreWhere (992)

B&GBU wrote:

Sorry, but I'm here to challenge the auto-assumption that in this hyper-hypothetical scenario we would even accept such an invitation.

I've wondered about that, too. For instance, I've wondered whether the Interim Turkey Inspector rebuffed a bid, or at least an overture, from the Big East / AAC.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer