CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-24 11:50:59 - You knew it was coming...

AndreWhere (1252)

You knew it was coming...

23056444153Screenshot-from-2019-11-24-12-55-09.png

To be fair, I don't even completely disagree with the man about the first part. Football is an emotional game and it has to be a bummer to look at that crowd.

The conclusion that we ought to all line up and file into M.M. Roberts, though, is wrong. The "my team, right or wrong" mentality just rewards mediocrity. The small crown is not the cause, or even "a" cause... it's the symptom. I have seen M.M. Roberts very full more than a few times, but that was when the coaching staff was better.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2019-11-24 14:32:04 - You knew it was coming...

TheChosenOne (295)

Re: You knew it was coming...

There are numerous reasons for low attendance all have some validity. Bottom line,  fan support increases/decreases based on the product.  Trying to guilt people into attending has failed miserably.  I also made the decision to not renew this year and in my mind it’s a valid reason however others may disagree.  But look no further than the stands. People have personal choice where individual funds will be spent. Until Southern Miss administration takes football seriously why should anyone.

Just ten years ago we paid a solid coach $1MM a year - ten years later we can only afford $500k. This isn’t taken into consideration assistant coaches. So I ask again, when will Southern Miss take football serious ?

Those not attending can be blamed - said not ‘real’ fans - put YOUR money up etc.  if someone wishes to continue mediocrity then that is a persons individual choice. I will not

Some say CUSA sucks. Well, it does. But guess what? We’re in the worse conference yet at best just average.  The conference it’s self isn’t making us just average. That’s internal.

#3 2019-11-26 09:45:38 - You knew it was coming...

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Re: You knew it was coming...

TheChosenOne wrote:

So I ask again, when will Southern Miss take football serious ?

DkQuWfIUcAAD_Dj.jpg

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

Board footer