CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-04 10:30:26 - Next FB Coach

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Next FB Coach

Without concern for any HR violations the next coach should be a young, offensive minded leader. I talk about the rehash of Fedora coming back.....or even Monken assuming they implode the Browns once again in the offseason. In reality, we need someone not tied to this program, someone with a clean slate. I say that, but would love to see the next coach keep a Scotty Walden for continuity. 
Outside of the success of Helton at WKU, look at what happened with Kansas St this season in a power conference. They essentially took the staff from North Dakota St and plugged them in at KSU. What did they accomplish in their first season?

Went 8-4
Went 5-4 in conference including wins over Oklahoma and Iowa St
Beat Starkpatch
Currently sit at #45 in total defense playing in a conference that scores like a pinball game

Proven winners at the FCS level work at the FBS level. I believe our next coach should be Brian Bohannon from Kennesaw St located in the suburbs of north Atlanta. KSU started football in 2015 at the FCS level. Bohannon has been the only coach at KSU having the experience of building something from scratch. He has gone 47-14(.770) as coach, finishing in first place of the Big South the last two seasons. In 2017 and 2018, he had KSU in the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs, finishing in the top 10 each of those seasons.  This year he already won his first round playoff game last weekend. He coached at Navy and Georgia Tech before getting the KSU gig. He is a former WR at UGA. He was the AFCA FCS National Coach of the Year in 2017.

His base salary is $500K currently.......colors match and KSU is an Adidas school........dude can coach and his experience making something out of nothing is exactly what we need.

maxresdefault.jpg

Who do you think should be the next coach?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-12-04 12:25:43 - Next FB Coach

stinkfist (764)

Re: Next FB Coach

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Without concern for any HR violations the next coach should be a young, offensive minded leader. I talk about the rehash of Fedora coming back.....or even Monken assuming they implode the Browns once again in the offseason. In reality, we need someone not tied to this program, someone with a clean slate. I say that, but would love to see the next coach keep a Scotty Walden for continuity. 
Outside of the success of Helton at WKU, look at what happened with Kansas St this season in a power conference. They essentially took the staff from North Dakota St and plugged them in at KSU. What did they accomplish in their first season?

Went 8-4
Went 5-4 in conference including wins over Oklahoma and Iowa St
Beat Starkpatch
Currently sit at #45 in total defense playing in a conference that scores like a pinball game

Proven winners at the FCS level work at the FBS level. I believe our next coach should be Brian Bohannon from Kennesaw St located in the suburbs of north Atlanta. KSU started football in 2015 at the FCS level. Bohannon has been the only coach at KSU having the experience of building something from scratch. He has gone 47-14(.770) as coach, finishing in first place of the Big South the last two seasons. In 2017 and 2018, he had KSU in the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs, finishing in the top 10 each of those seasons.  This year he already won his first round playoff game last weekend. He coached at Navy and Georgia Tech before getting the KSU gig. He is a former WR at UGA. He was the AFCA FCS National Coach of the Year in 2017.

His base salary is $500K currently.......colors match and KSU is an Adidas school........dude can coach and his experience making something out of nothing is exactly what we need.

maxresdefault.jpg

Who do you think should be the next coach?

the only problem is he won't be around by the time we finish dicking around with Hop...

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#3 2019-12-04 13:05:01 - Next FB Coach

That’s my concern. He interviewed last season for the GT job before the coach at Temple was ultimately taken by GT. All he then did was have another championship season and is a top 10 pick to win the FCS playoff. If UAB loses Clark I can see them going after him as their first choice.

Timing is everything......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2019-12-04 13:32:22 - Next FB Coach

stinkfist (764)

That’s my concern. He interviewed last season for the GT job before the coach at Temple was ultimately taken by GT. All he then did was have another championship season and is a top 10 pick to win the FCS playoff. If UAB loses Clark I can see them going after him as their first choice.

again, let's review....

the admin allows fedhat to remain AND select the how-R-ya bowl in '11...

that yielded E12L...

Monk put us on the hook for the TB OC position....

that yielded Hop-A-Long...

if you're not out front of page 6 fodder, you're nothing in scope and will continue to be a loser....

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-12-04 13:33:03)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#5 2019-12-04 14:03:07 - Next FB Coach

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Proven winners at the FCS level work at the FBS level.

You mean like Alcorn?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#6 2019-12-04 15:54:49 - Next FB Coach

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Proven winners at the FCS level work at the FBS level.

You mean like Alcorn?

I always wondered why the SWAC, or HBCU teams don't get bids to participate in the FCS Playoffs.....they are like the G5 of the FCS........

#7 2019-12-05 20:28:10 - Next FB Coach

SoMs Eagle (189)

Who else you got?

#8 2019-12-05 21:59:21 - Next FB Coach

SoMs Eagle wrote:

Who else you got?

Gene_Chizik_-_2018_SEC_Summerfest.jpg

Liked by:

Board footer