CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-09 10:37:36 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Its a new year. Its a new decade. Its time for Southern Miss to throw a punch.

Have not heard a single word regarding our 2019 football program from our Director of Athletics.

McClain had 35 days between our final regular season game and our bowl contest to draft his assessment to the fractured supporting base, with the bowl results being inserted in his final summary following the game and meetings with the staff.

Still nothing......and his lack of communication shows that he is ok with that.......

USM and the athletic department have no hesitation inundating me consistently with letters, emails and calls asking for donations throughout the calendar year but when we want to hear something in return from our investment its as quiet as a mouse in Hattiesburg. As a Lifetime Alumni member, annual foundation donor and Eagle Club Supporter, its disappointing that I have to initiate a request for response from our leadership.....which is what I have done.......because I like being ignored by those I support....

The relationship between the few remaining supporters and the university needs to be mended.

Perception is the truth. Leadership is not engaged.  A distracted leader is always a destructive leader.

Does Jeremy have a measurable plan? Wouldn't know. Maybe he is just another power washer. 

I simply ask..... communicate....as the voice and CEO of Athletics, inform and share your next steps.

The truth is powerful. Truth equals results. Truth is shown in the attendance. Truth is where you finish in the conference division standings. Truth is your record against above .500 programs after 4 years. Truth is subtracting FCS victories from your actual graded annual performance.

My contributions date back 28 years.  I have answered the call consistently from this university when you needed me.

Its been 8 seasons and 35 CUSA losses since we last won conference. Don't tell me about what you look to accomplish in the distant future. True victory is won today and again tomorrow. What are you doing today?

Its time for Southern Miss to throw a punch.

McClain.png

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#2 2020-01-09 11:12:05 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

skyvoyager (177)

Re: Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

I am having a hard time keeping up.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Hopson to “resign” with formal announcement as early as Monday. Working settlements for him and his staff with McClain. Buyout won’t be full $1 million for Hop. Not tied to future earnings as part of separation. 

It’s going to happen.....

Its a new year. Its a new decade. Its time for Southern Miss to throw a punch.

Have not heard a single word regarding our 2019 football program from our Director of Athletics.

McClain had 35 days between our final regular season game and our bowl contest to draft his assessment to the fractured supporting base, with the bowl results being inserted in his final summary following the game and meetings with the staff.

Still nothing......and his lack of communication shows that he is ok with that.......

The relationship between the few remaining supporters and the university needs to be mended.

Perception is the truth. Leadership is not engaged.  A distracted leader is always a destructive leader.

Does Jeremy have a measurable plan? Wouldn't know. Maybe he is just another power washer. 

I simply ask..... communicate....as the voice and CEO of Athletics, inform and share your next steps.

Its been 8 seasons and 35 CUSA losses since we last won conference. Don't tell me about what you look to accomplish in the distant future. True victory is won today and again tomorrow. What are you doing today?

Its time for Southern Miss to throw a punch.

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#3 2020-01-09 11:45:26 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Black Diamond Reb (418)

My contributions date back 28 years.

Can I get "Slow Learners" for $400 Alex?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#4 2020-01-09 11:46:04 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

AndreWhere (1252)

Predictions have a way of not panning out with this shit...

I think the message we're getting is "this is what success looks like now, to the people who matter."

How do you respond to that? I've been waiting for the bottom to drop out on Hop, but when it does he'll get sacrificed and we'll get a coach of similar ability. So you can't even hope for disaster anymore.

Do you just keep going to an occassional game because you enjoy it in small doses? I'm not sure I can stand that.  I never signed up for I-AA. Never had any trouble finding SLU if I needed to be there.

So I guess I'm not going to any more games with Hop, or anyone making Hop money.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2020-01-09 11:47:05 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

AndreWhere (1252)

Jinx.

#6 2020-01-09 11:51:44 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

skyvoyager wrote:

I am having a hard time keeping up.....

I was “ prophesing” McClains only financial move.....I didn’t crystal gaze absolutely nothing out of McClain. I expected something......anything.....and I got what I should have expected and that’s on me. Now I know how Jeremy operates......and that’s not saying his only acceptable move was to fire Hop. It should be a given, considering attendance, performance over the last three games, etc.... that Jeremy would at the very least make a public statement. He’s had more than enough time to draft something.

Accountability is just not a requirement at Southern Miss at any level......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#7 2020-01-09 12:01:27 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

AndreWhere wrote:

I think the message we're getting is "this is what success looks like now, to the people who matter."

You are right. His job is to reshape expectations and that is exactly what he is doing by saying absolutely nothing.

What’s next for Jeremy? Changing our lifelong understanding of what dirt should look like in baseball?

A59031B8-3450-401B-9840-5B2750CAF31A.jpeg

#8 2020-01-09 21:08:04 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Door Mat...is this acceptable for "conference play"?

Last edited by Mao Tse-gore (2020-01-10 07:01:05)

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#9 2020-01-12 15:26:34 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

“I’m not saying that everyone has to share the same opinion or have the same level of confidence in Coach Hopson and his staff that I do, but he has to be given the time to build the program and you can’t do it in four years. Ultimately over the next three years, we’ll hopefully see our program become more and more competitive.” -Jeremy McClain

#10 2020-01-12 15:31:33 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Black Diamond Reb (418)

“We hope” - Jeremy McClain

He fits right in.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#11 2020-01-13 08:01:54 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

skyvoyager (177)

“I’m not saying that everyone has to share the same opinion or have the same level of confidence in Coach Hopson and his staff that I do, but he has to be given the time to build the program and you can’t do it in four years. Ultimately over the next three years, we’ll hopefully see our program become more and more competitive.” -Jeremy McClain

can't build a program to be 'more competitive' in four years? smh

that quote says all we need to know unfortunately

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Liked by:

#12 2020-01-13 08:08:06 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

USMFTW (2)

What is the source for this quote?  I only ask because virtually the *EXACT* same quote can be found here -- https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n … /40784845/

USAToday wrote:

“I’m not saying that everyone has to share the same opinion or have the same level of confidence in Coach Edsall that I do, but he has to be given the time to build the program and you can’t do it in three years," he said. “Ultimately over the next three years, we'll hopefully see our program become more and more competitive.""

thinking

Liked by:

#13 2020-01-13 09:11:05 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Jeremy hasn't spoken a word to date which is a big part of the issue. That was my take on how he feels since he is quiet as a mouse....minus sending emails requesting more donations.....

#14 2020-01-13 09:43:09 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

keyboard kowboy (72)

Jeremy hasn't spoken a word to date which is a big part of the issue. That was my take on how he feels since he is quiet as a mouse....minus sending emails requesting more donations.....

You do realize that " some " cannot distinguish satire from reality ? Do you think it is fair or productive to get rumors started with this stuff ?

#15 2020-01-13 10:18:02 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

keyboard kowboy wrote:

You do realize that " some " cannot distinguish satire from reality ? Do you think it is fair or productive to get rumors started with this stuff ?

I assumed the title of this thread........and the content and responses leading up to that "quote" was adequate and sufficient enough to distinguish satire from reality. If I have offended anyone with misleading content I contributed to my thread that was/is critical of our esteemed Director of Athletics then I am truly sorry. The last thing I want to do is contribute to the fake news media that is running rampant in social media and society. I posted that quote unchecked and without control.......I also want to take a moment and apologize to Jeremy McClain(aka Dennis Celery). He should not be falsely charged with misleading comments regarding the state of our football program. In an effort to correct my error, I will be donating another small, yet significant amount to the general football fund. It is the least I can do to make this wrong right.

https://youtu.be/uc02ZEPJuF8

#16 2020-01-13 10:28:46 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

skyvoyager (177)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

I will be donating another small, yet significant amount to the general football fund. It is the least I can do to make this wrong right.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbG3XzF-179VYizDFa_Tdaw_7EBKW1-kw_4WLINjLMRyPpUlZ2&s

#17 2020-01-13 10:33:25 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

stinkfist (764)

skyvoyager wrote:
keyboard kowboy wrote:

I will be donating another small, yet significant amount to the general football fund. It is the least I can do to make this wrong right.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbG3XzF-179VYizDFa_Tdaw_7EBKW1-kw_4WLINjLMRyPpUlZ2&s

I had ya pegged breaking one of these out of the vault...

6b373a92c09bf70d9d2b078859a853fb.jpg

Last edited by stinkfist (2020-01-13 10:33:58)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#18 2020-01-13 10:42:18 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

coinstar.png

#19 2020-01-13 11:58:09 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

AndreWhere (1252)

Poor kids my age had to feed coins to a machine with Barbara Bush when we were teenaged boys.

#20 2020-01-14 22:31:27 - Football Program Update from Jeremy McClain

Somebody is getting a new coach......

7E74AEE0-731B-4171-8B88-DF4C1B5ABB45.jpeg

Board footer