CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-12 15:10:07 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

Bleacher Eagle (44)

At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

It’s a better football league. The money and exposure is equivalent. They have solid baseball programs. It’s geographically friendlier.

Honestly, is there any downside to moving?

Convince UAB, La Tech and one other school to join us and it would be a solid 14 team conference in a tight geographical footprint.

#2 2020-09-12 15:18:09 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Re: At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

I would venture to guess Sunbelt expansion could look at other programs and not the one in Hattiesburg. The administration could also "fix" it to where it rots in place.

Ace...

#3 2020-09-12 16:06:30 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

AndreWhere (1252)

I went to the game @ Troy last year and I had a great time. The crowd was pretty good, and engaged in the game. We had margaritas and funnel cake. The stadium there is a bit rinky-dink (my wife wiped out on some rough concrete and just about broke her leg) but all in all it was just a good college football experience, probably better than what you'd get at any CUSA school other than maybe Marshall.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2020-09-12 16:06:33 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Bleacher Eagle wrote:

It’s a better football league. The money and exposure is equivalent. They have solid baseball programs. It’s geographically friendlier.

Convince UAB, La Tech and one other school to join us and it would be a solid 14 team conference in a tight geographical footprint.

Reminds me of...FF to around 7:00.

https://youtu.be/a1uvIRVS-0g

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#5 2020-09-12 16:12:29 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

B&GBU (259)

Bleacher Eagle wrote:

I mean it's silly as dog shit that we don't play The Ragin Cajuns!

Last edited by B&GBU (2020-09-12 16:19:20)

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#6 2020-09-12 16:18:56 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Belt has been better for years. Location and baseball could help us get a bid in the Sun Belt.......words I never thought I would say

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2020-09-12 19:07:41 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

LA Tech has some weird snobby attitude that will probably keep them from ever playing in a conference with ULL.

It's the same with NMSU and UTEP. You'd think maybe UTEP would want their biggest rival (and the only  other FBS school in that part of the country) in the conference, but there's just way too much bad blood there.

"We" just shoot ourselves in the foot with some of these backfill conference invitations. None of the upside claimed for the 2011-2012 additions has materialized... absolutely none of it.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#8 2020-09-13 04:58:34 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

Bleacher Eagle (44)

AndreWhere wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

LA Tech has some weird snobby attitude that will probably keep them from ever playing in a conference with ULL.

It's the same with NMSU and UTEP. You'd think maybe UTEP would want their biggest rival (and the only  other FBS school in that part of the country) in the conference, but there's just way too much bad blood there.

"We" just shoot ourselves in the foot with some of these backfill conference invitations. None of the upside claimed for the 2011-2012 additions has materialized... absolutely none of it.

I think the bigger hold up for La. Tech would be playing in a conference with ULM, but your point still stands: La. Tech is baselessly arrogant over their fellow instate G5 schools. However, given the choice of staying in a version of CUSA without USM & UAB or playing ULL & ULM every year, I think they would cave. If not, eff them and let’s go recruit UNT instead.

#9 2020-09-13 05:31:59 - At this point, we need to be pursuing membership into the Sunbelt

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Coastal destroys Kansas. Second year in a row they beat Les. This is why you don’t go after the redemption story coach. The inflated ego and past glory day persona usually cost more money that you have to spend and don’t yield much success.

I’ll give Mack Brown an exemption card for now......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer