CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-12 08:06:40 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Can we give Walden a fair shot?

I think it’s going to be mission impossible for this fan base to let go of the damage done by Bennett and Hop over the past few years. We have been holding this belief that Walden was our hidden gem on this staff and questioned the last few years why he wasn’t given the exclusive title of OC. Will he get a fair shot?

I honestly want this guy to be the guy for this program. It doesn’t matter if it’s the offense or defense or special teams coming off the field after a play he is first man to greet them with passion and excitement. The guy wants this job and I want us to give him that opportunity even if he fails to clear 6 wins with this dumpster fire he inherited. It’s fun to wonder if we could land this guy or that guy who is on a redemption tour and see if flight tracker gives us a clue who we are targeting. At the end of the day we really need to get behind this guy who has the keys right now.

I knew we would lay an egg against USA. I had zero excitement going into that game last week.......zero excitement.......in the middle of a friggin pandemic......to watch USM knowing it would be the same result, the same post game sound bites, the same piss poor result just diggin a deeper grave for this program.

If COVID doesn’t derail next weekend I am actually looking forward to watching this coach, this team and my university for the first time in two+ years. I don’t expect a win and I shouldn’t at this point. But I now want to see how this season plays out and I want to see our new coach attack on offense.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#2 2020-09-12 09:47:52 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

SoMs Eagle (189)

Re: Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I think it’s going to be mission impossible for this fan base to let go of the damage done by Bennett and Hop over the past few years. We have been holding this belief that Walden was our hidden gem on this staff and questioned the last few years why he wasn’t given the exclusive title of OC. Will he get a fair shot?

I honestly want this guy to be the guy for this program. It doesn’t matter if it’s the offense or defense or special teams coming off the field after a play he is first man to greet them with passion and excitement. The guy wants this job and I want us to give him that opportunity even if he fails to clear 6 wins with this dumpster fire he inherited. It’s fun to wonder if we could land this guy or that guy who is on a redemption tour and see if flight tracker gives us a clue who we are targeting. At the end of the day we really need to get behind this guy who has the keys right now.

I knew we would lay an egg against USA. I had zero excitement going into that game last week.......zero excitement.......in the middle of a friggin pandemic......to watch USM knowing it would be the same result, the same post game sound bites, the same piss poor result just diggin a deeper grave for this program.

If COVID doesn’t derail next weekend I am actually looking forward to watching this coach, this team and my university for the first time in two+ years. I don’t expect a win and I shouldn’t at this point. But I now want to see how this season plays out and I want to see our new coach attack on offense.

Alright. Who hacked NG’s account?

#3 2020-09-12 09:57:54 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

TheDudeAbides (59)

Great observation! Was thinking the same thing.

Walden stepping into a first class shitshow. Each day brings more finger pointing across the organization. At the very least I cannot believe we had this “class” of individuals running parts of the program.

Really looks like the lunatics were running the asylum.

I like Walden and think he checks the right boxes. Just hopes he gets a fair chance to show what he can do and not get overwhelmed with putting out fires.

#4 2020-09-12 10:50:11 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Lloydlake (139)

Here's hoping he doesn't use the term "cotton-pickin"

Liked by:

#5 2020-09-12 10:55:27 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

AndreWhere (1252)

I think that people who are talking about Freeze, or Fedora, etc. right now are revealing themselves to be pretty ignorant of USM football. Making Walton the interim HC is a pretty aggressive move. There is more drama and fuel for speculation in that than in any pie-in-the-sky crap about Freeze or Fedora coaching USM next season.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#6 2020-09-12 11:04:26 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Lloydlake wrote:

Here's hoping he doesn't use the term "cotton-pickin"

DA8ucjNXkAAsRdX.jpg:large

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2020-09-12 15:15:12 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Ace Barker (260)
Website

If they run Walden off ( I won't be surprised),  I would venture to guess he will go somewhere and be very successful. It's just a hunch. Oui have done it before and likely do it again. 

Ace...

#8 2020-09-13 05:39:00 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Ace Barker wrote:

If they run Walden off ( I won't be surprised),  I would venture to guess he will go somewhere and be very successful. It's just a hunch. Oui have done it before and likely do it again. 

Ace...

giphy.gif

#9 2020-09-13 07:54:37 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

stinkfist (764)

Ace Barker wrote:

Ace...

we'll see if he alows benneTTT's BaconLettuceMater to come to fruition.....I'm calling it a coin flip....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#10 2020-09-13 08:21:08 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Black Diamond Reb (418)

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#11 2020-09-13 09:21:09 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

stinkfist (764)

goTTTa love omitting "then", Ja?!

or was that implied....

#cheeky

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#12 2020-09-13 12:09:53 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Scotty Walden had just made the team run gassers for not keeping the locker room up to cleanliness standards. But they soon lined up and began crushing kiwi-strawberry popsicles and M&M cookie ice-cream sandwiches. (The wives and kids of the coaching staff were also there.)

GlossyHauntingDoe-small.gif

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#13 2020-09-13 12:23:00 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

AndreWhere (1252)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#14 2020-09-13 18:37:58 - Can we give Walden a fair shot?

Mao Tse-gore (412)

AndreWhere wrote:

I think that people who are talking about Freeze, or Fedora, etc. right now are revealing themselves to be pretty ignorant of USM football. Making Walton the interim HC is a pretty aggressive move. There is more drama and fuel for speculation in that than in any pie-in-the-sky crap about Freeze or Fedora coaching USM next season.

His fate is likely in the hands of the players who probably think they run Bartertown.

Last edited by Mao Tse-gore (2020-09-13 18:38:59)

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Board footer