CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-27 16:52:08 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

AndreWhere (1252)

Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

Supposedly there's a new emphasis on nutrition, and players are sending pictures of each meal to some staff person.

Your typical football player is a 200+ pound man engaged in a daily workout program. These guys are burning 4,000+ calories per day and up- if they're training and practicing right.

It's hard to down that many calories eating health food. I mean, 1,000 calories of lean chicken breasts is close to two pounds of meat, which is disgusting. If this team is ever going to play football again, some of those pictures are going to originate from Burger King.

There is a school of thought among personal trainers that if you eat lean meat you will end up consisting of lean meat. I think this is misguided. Calorie balance governs body weight. It takes a high body weight to play football well, and the place for lean chicken and fish in an FBS football player's diet seems to me to be extremely limited.

If you look at Walden he has clearly figured out how to stay lean. This is not a beauty contest, though. It more closely resembles a street fight, and I am extremely confused about what this "emphasis on nutrition" is about.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2020-09-27 17:03:23 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

I just sent my meal pic to SW. I’ll keep you posted as soon as he responds.....
d34fbb1ced7d37baef37f13ed312aacd--number-one-the-menu.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2020-09-27 17:11:12 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

AndreWhere (1252)

I sure hope you washed that down with a gallon of water, NGB.

The good news is, if the team follows Walden's advice, they will definitely be "headed to a bowl" LOL.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2020-09-27 18:27:10 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

EagleFWB (176)

Didn't they build some nutrition center up in the M club room a few years ago?

#5 2020-09-28 04:59:08 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

admin (289)
Administrator

EagleFWB wrote:

Didn't they build some nutrition center up in the M club room a few years ago?

I think it's basically a smoothie machine.

#6 2020-09-28 06:17:30 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Do the football players still live off campus in some apartment complex?

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#7 2020-09-28 09:03:15 - Something I've heard about Walden and nutrition that I just don't get

Lloydlake (139)

Looking at some of our linemen, they need to drop a few lbs of flab and add it back in muscle.

Board footer