CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-05 15:50:42 - Rick Minter on staff?

skyvoyager (146)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Posts: 344

Rick Minter on staff?

So Rick Minter former UC head coach for years is now on the defensive coaching staff?  When did this happen?


Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Offline

#2 2020-11-05 18:02:39 - Rick Minter on staff?

Yo Mama (38)
Member
From: There
Registered: 2020-04-11
Posts: 51

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

skyvoyager wrote:

So Rick Minter former UC head coach for years is now on the defensive coaching staff?  When did this happen?

I heard this crazy rumor that Scotty Walden is headed to Austin Peay. Lots of crazy stuff on the inter-webs these days.

Offline

#3 2020-11-05 18:14:42 - Rick Minter on staff?

Black Diamond Reb (380)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,183

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

South Alabama is starting a program and Bower may be their first coach.


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Offline

#4 2020-11-05 18:23:28 - Rick Minter on staff?

AndreWhere (1146)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,909

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

skyvoyager wrote:

So Rick Minter former UC head coach for years is now on the defensive coaching staff?  When did this happen?

Apparently Walden hired him some time between the UNT game and the Liberty game.

Minter must like a challenge- this is the worst defense I've ever seen in my life, and that includes the 2012 USM defense and the 2012 Saints defense.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

Liked by:

#5 2020-11-05 18:41:14 - Rick Minter on staff?

USMstang (296)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,029

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Scotty brought Minter in as an analyst a week before the Liberty game.  When Scotty left, Billings promoted him to D line coach and moved that guy to the secondary.  Prior to that, the entire secondary was coached by one guy but Billings is a former secondary guy and thinks it's better to have one guy for corners and one for safeties.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Liked by:

#6 2020-11-05 19:34:29 - Rick Minter on staff?

AndreWhere (1146)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,909

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Having a position coach for the safeties and another for the cornerbacks (or "defensive halfbacks" as corch always called them) makes sense to me.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#7 2020-11-05 21:34:24 - Rick Minter on staff?

USMstang (296)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,029

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Around the 1:45 mark, Billings is asked about the coaching moves on D


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkpkcQ … e=youtu.be

If only Hopson knew how to speak the way this guy does.  He's not Larry Fedora but at the same time, he's not the aww shucks brand of boredom we were subjected to for 4+ years.  I actually watched the entire presser because of his honesty.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Liked by:

#8 2020-11-05 23:02:21 - Rick Minter on staff?

EagleFWB (176)
Member
Registered: 2017-12-05
Posts: 421

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Don't sweat it guys.... They'll all be gone by January

Offline

#9 2020-11-06 15:51:40 - Rick Minter on staff?

skyvoyager (146)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Posts: 344

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

South Alabama is starting a program and Bower may be their first coach.

Luke may be in trouble

p.jpg


Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Offline

#10 2020-11-06 19:33:34 - Rick Minter on staff?

Ace Barker (239)
Member
From: Bougherville SC
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 522

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

USMstang wrote:

Around the 1:45 mark, Billings is asked about the coaching moves on D


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkpkcQ … e=youtu.be

If only Hopson knew how to speak the way this guy does.  He's not Larry Fedora but at the same time, he's not the aww shucks brand of boredom we were subjected to for 4+ years.  I actually watched the entire presser because of his honesty.

Who are these folks asking the questions. I think one is Magee. I do not know any of the others.

Ace...

Offline

#11 2020-11-07 07:21:42 - Rick Minter on staff?

Mao Tse-gore (359)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 794

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Ace Barker wrote:

Who are these folks asking the questions.

Ace...

Dungeons and Dragons basement dwellers. Magee ask about voting...what a F-ing putz.


We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Offline

Liked by:

#12 2020-11-07 08:28:22 - Rick Minter on staff?

Ace Barker (239)
Member
From: Bougherville SC
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 522

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

Who are these folks asking the questions.

Ace...

Dungeons and Dragons basement dwellers. Magee ask about voting...what a F-ing putz.

When I saw him I stopped watching.  I do not read anything he writes or listen to him. How he survived over a Tim Doherty, Van Arnold, Chuck Abadie, Stan Caldwell and others is beyond me. I know Tim, Van, Chuck and Stan are semi retired but Jesus Christ they could have contracted with the Sun Herald. They ran that guy off the American. I believe anything these days. Lanny and the new guy are considered press? "Dungeons and Dragons basement dwellers". I've got to tell Tim that one the next time I talk to him. You nailed it.

I am done venting. It is not the first time. It won't be the last. 

PS. I believe Magee was possibly the only writer Coach Bower banned from practice.

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2020-11-07 08:30:00)

Offline

Liked by:

#13 2020-11-18 21:09:37 - Rick Minter on staff?

USMstang (296)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,029

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Ace Barker wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Around the 1:45 mark, Billings is asked about the coaching moves on D


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkpkcQ … e=youtu.be

If only Hopson knew how to speak the way this guy does.  He's not Larry Fedora but at the same time, he's not the aww shucks brand of boredom we were subjected to for 4+ years.  I actually watched the entire presser because of his honesty.

Who are these folks asking the questions. I think one is Magee. I do not know any of the others.

Ace...

Yes, one is Magee.  One of them is Glyn Dyar from GEP, he's the big guy.

Last edited by USMstang (2020-11-18 21:10:23)


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Liked by:

#14 2020-11-18 21:40:29 - Rick Minter on staff?

AndreWhere (1146)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,909

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Ace Barker wrote:

Lanny and the new guy are considered press?

There are people who don't really care how bad USM sports sucks as long as they get to have a seat at the table. Hell, there are people who actively want USM sports to suck so that they can have a seat at the table. They might not phrase it that way, but anyone who's contributing anything while talking about a bus conference or a G5 tournament falls into this category.

Every college has these idiots, but USM has more than its fair share.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

Liked by:

#15 2020-11-19 13:03:19 - Rick Minter on staff?

Mao Tse-gore (359)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 794

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

D maintains traction under Minter. Tate leads us to a win by 10. big_smile


We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Offline

#16 2020-11-20 10:58:15 - Rick Minter on staff?

B&GBU (217)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 542

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

D maintains traction under Minter. Tate leads us to a win by 10. big_smile

Is this outlook based in optimism or an altered state of reality?


"Winning is relative."
"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"
"Conference play."
"Stop, drop and roll doesn't work in hell."

Offline

#17 2020-11-20 20:27:30 - Rick Minter on staff?

Mao Tse-gore (359)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 794

Re: Rick Minter on staff?

B&GBU wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

D maintains traction under Minter. Tate leads us to a win by 10. big_smile

Is this outlook based in optimism or an altered state of reality?

A temporary twinge of optimism.


We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Offline

Board footer