CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-10 14:15:58 - Blake Anderson

EagleFWB (176)

Blake Anderson

Going to Utah State.

#2 2020-12-10 18:02:59 - Blake Anderson

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Blake Anderson

I really didn’t think he was leaving Ark St so maybe he was actually in the running for USM. The man did what he could in Jonesboro. Would imagine everywhere he turns he is reminded of his wife who passed. Change can probably help the man heal. Wish him the best at Utah St.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2020-12-10 18:41:00 - Blake Anderson

99beers (303)

Lateral move at best.  I’m sure he got more $$, huh?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#4 2020-12-10 19:54:23 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere (1252)

99beers wrote:

Kind of reminds me of when Bower wanted (or did he?) to go to Wyoming.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2020-12-10 19:57:55 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere wrote:
99beers wrote:

I remember that......Ace knows the entire story. Never heard if he actually interviewed with Baylor or Georgia.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#6 2020-12-10 20:32:26 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere (1252)

I really don't think Bower ever cheated enough to fit in at a place like Baylor.

Life at the bottom of the SWC / Big XII ain't easy.

Liked by:

#7 2020-12-11 08:00:18 - Blake Anderson

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
99beers wrote:

I remember that......Ace knows the entire story. Never heard if he actually interviewed with Baylor or Georgia.

He interviewed at Wyoming, Baylor, Houston and Georgia off the top of my head. The only one I recall making the papers was Wyoming and the AJC on the UGA job. Offers I am aware of were Houston, Wyoming and maybe Baylor. If there were others that called him or his agent, I am not aware of those. The UGA job came down to Jeff and Mark Richt. On Christmas Eve, Dooley called and said if Richt did not take it it was Jeff's. Bower took his name out of consideration that evening. He wasn't interested in being the second choice. Richt took the job anyway.  Even Doherty knew about stuff that he did not print, unlike the Sun Herald guy.

I heard there was some interest from Iowa State after Jeff was fired. He did go to South Alabama but not to interview that I am aware of. He was asked about another coach previously on his staff and some advice as I understand. Now if he interviewed i never heard. The paper did make some mention of his visit if I recall.

One of the things that kept him in Hattiesburg and USM was his the death of his daughter. Even in his retirement he maintains a residence in Hattiesburg, formerly Bay St. Louis and Orange Beach. He is building a home in Sumrall now so he is still close. I do believe he would have left for UGA. This is more crap than you wanted to know.

I won't provide any links like the dipshits wanted on FartBook EP. To them not making the papers or internet makes it a lie. 

Something I did not know was Bobby Collins was pursued by Georgia Tech while he was at USM. An old friend that lives in South Georgia told me that a few weeks ago. We all know about SMU. It just shows head coaches are approached all of the time on the sly or publicly. It is no different than any of us interviewing or talking to a possible new employer on the sly and declining the feeler/offer or accepting. If all you have ever done is work at WalMart you probably wouldn't understand that.

I am hopeful for the direction the program appears to be heading with Coach Hall. I am honestly excited again.

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2020-12-11 08:01:30)

#8 2020-12-11 08:37:52 - Blake Anderson

USMstang (303)

I really didn’t think he was leaving Ark St so maybe he was actually in the running for USM. The man did what he could in Jonesboro. Would imagine everywhere he turns he is reminded of his wife who passed. Change can probably help the man heal. Wish him the best at Utah St.

I was told last night at the game by an insider that he was very much in play but that we simply couldn't pay the $800K buyout.  There is a guy on GEP that "knows some folks" that swears it was a done deal with Blake the week before Hall was hired...he still maintains that position today.  My source from last night thinks we are in a much better place with Hall with the situation we currently have.

After watching the game last night in person (not sure what it looked like on TV), we do not have some huge void of talent that many say we do.  A good coach can fix our problems quickly!  With that said, someone close to Hall told me yesterday that a Head Coach "from the Coast" told Hall to his face that he was walking into a "shit show" where the "inmates ran the asylum".  This refers directly to the daddy ball that was going on with the Abrahams and Cloptons and it's terrible effects on the team.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#9 2020-12-11 10:44:10 - Blake Anderson

southerner92 (30)

One of the rumors ive heard more than once was that Mcllellan was going to fire Jeff if he had lost to LSU in 1994. Not sure if true but that was a fun night in Baton Rouge.

#10 2020-12-11 11:25:59 - Blake Anderson

Black Diamond Reb (418)

USMstang wrote:

A good coach can fix our problems quickly!

A good coach can dismantle SUNWACUSA?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#11 2020-12-11 12:33:47 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Howard Schnellenberger damn sure scored some body blows on it.

#12 2020-12-11 17:02:35 - Blake Anderson

99beers (303)

AndreWhere wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Howard Schnellenberger damn sure scored some body blows on it.

His record sucked against us.  We owned Howie!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#13 2020-12-11 20:14:37 - Blake Anderson

If the Blake deal was that close and the only hold up was the 800K buyout one would think Arky St would have negotiated that down knowing Blake was leaving regardless. It would have been a welcome move by many if it happened but you don’t know if you are getting a coach on the upside or downside of his career with Blake right now.

Time Will(Hall) Tell.......

Liked by:

#14 2020-12-11 20:58:07 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere (1252)

If the Blake deal was that close and the only hold up was the 800K buyout one would think Arky St would have negotiated that down knowing Blake was leaving regardless. It would have been a welcome move by many if it happened but you don’t know if you are getting a coach on the upside or downside of his career with Blake right now.

Are you talking about a deal that would have brought Blake to USM?

#15 2020-12-11 21:21:25 - Blake Anderson

Ace Barker (260)
Website

southerner92 wrote:

One of the rumors ive heard more than once was that Mcllellan was going to fire Jeff if he had lost to LSU in 1994. Not sure if true but that was a fun night in Baton Rouge.

Jeff told me that Mac should have fired him and expected it. Mac said he kept Jeff on because he said all he could afford was an OC from a program and thought Jeff would turn it around. This is from Jeff not a rumor.

I could tell you some things about Mac outside of USM. I will only say he had a big heart. This comment has nothing to do with Jeff.

Ace...

Liked by:

#16 2020-12-11 21:24:33 - Blake Anderson

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Should have hired Blake after Fedora. Martha was pissed and being Martha,  fucked up. She fired some guy over Eagle Walk. She was messed up.

Ace...

Liked by:

#17 2020-12-11 22:13:12 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere (1252)

That was a hell of a game at LSU in 1994. This is not to say that either team involved was very good, just that it was a good story and it would have been hard to fire Coach Bower after it.

#18 2020-12-11 22:33:32 - Blake Anderson

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

After watching the game last night in person (not sure what it looked like on TV), we do not have some huge void of talent that many say we do.

I said that near the end of the game (which I watched on TV). Or at least I pointed out that USM's players were faster than FAU was prepared to handle.

Football success is driven by coaching. Football success is driven by coaching. Football success is driven by coaching. Also, football success is driven by coaching.

I can imagine an alternate universe where Tom Brady is an afterthought and Aaron Brooks is a hero... barely. There is no conceivable universe where Jim Haslett is a better coach than Bill Belichick.

Liked by:

#19 2020-12-12 18:40:59 - Blake Anderson

Butch Jones officially replaces Blake at Arky St....

Board footer