CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-16 22:01:39 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

AndreWhere (1252)

Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

Jamal Woodyard led the 2011 USM football team in rushing, with 732 yards. He averaged a noteworthy 6.7 yards per carry, and was just a redshirt freshman.

Woodyard severely injured his knee at the end of the 2011 season, vs. Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl. This was Larry Fedora's last game as USM head coach. Jamal would have several surgeries that attempted to treat this injury.

In Spring 2012, not too long after the Hawaii Bowl, Jamal Woodyard was arrested after a robbery in Alabama. He seems to be wearing a USM shirt in his mugshot.

I haven't found any information about criminal prosecution after this arrest, nor is there any indication Jamal Woodyard ever touched a football after it. I figure Woodyard completed some kind of "first offender" program, but Ellis Johnson wanted nothing to do with him.

If I had to guess, I would guess that Jamal Woodyard is keeping a low profile, working hard, and paying his bills (somewhere in Alabama). I do appreciate all his hard work and remember him well.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2021-03-17 09:44:03 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

skyvoyager (177)

Re: Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

AndreWhere wrote:

Jamal Woodyard led the 2011 USM football team in rushing, with 732 yards. He averaged a noteworthy 6.7 yards per carry, and was just a redshirt freshman.

Woodyard severely injured his knee at the end of the 2011 season, vs. Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl. This was Larry Fedora's last game as USM head coach. Jamal would have several surgeries that attempted to treat this injury.

In Spring 2012, not too long after the Hawaii Bowl, Jamal Woodyard was arrested after a robbery in Alabama. He seems to be wearing a USM shirt in his mugshot.

I haven't found any information about criminal prosecution after this arrest, nor is there any indication Jamal Woodyard ever touched a football after it. I figure Woodyard completed some kind of "first offender" program, but Ellis Johnson wanted nothing to do with him.

If I had to guess, I would guess that Jamal Woodyard is keeping a low profile, working hard, and paying his bills (somewhere in Alabama). I do appreciate all his hard work and remember him well.

I can't imagine E12loss Johnson making a bad judgement call regarding any players.

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Liked by:

#3 2021-03-18 09:11:57 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

Ace Barker (260)
Website

You know it's bad when a person like me doesn't know the players names anymore. It is nothing against the players or coaches mind you.

Ace...

#4 2021-03-18 09:57:29 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Ace Barker wrote:

You know it's bad when a person like me doesn't know the players names anymore. It is nothing against the players or coaches mind you.

Ace...

Update:
I could not remember the new coach, Will Hall. I had to go look it up. It is either old age or not paying as much attention. Maybe both.

#5 2021-03-18 13:09:27 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

Lloydlake (139)

Ace Barker wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

Ace...

Update:
I could not remember the new coach, Will Hall. I had to go look it up. It is either old age or not paying as much attention. Maybe both.

You are like me. Your enthusiasm has been skull-drug over the past 10 years.

Liked by:

#6 2021-03-18 18:32:38 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

Update:

I have moments like that. Sometimes a name will hit me and I can't remember if he played last year or 20 years ago. Typically it's a memorable one, like Dante Stiggers or Buck Micciotto. If Cox had come out with "it's caught by Buck Micciotto - NO DROPPED!" last year it would not even have fazed me. (The dude played ~20 years ago.)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2021-03-19 07:39:06 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

skyvoyager (177)

Ace Barker wrote:

Ace...

I do remember Woodyard... he ran hard.  I wish they would have run him more.

He was a freshman and was among a very talented group returning the next year.
I did not realize he got hurt in the bowl  game and never returned.

I just assumed he was one of the 20 or so players that got lost in the dumpster fire E12loss created.

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Liked by:

#8 2021-03-19 08:54:41 - Remember When: Jamal Woodyard

Mao Tse-gore (412)

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Board footer